• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
BLUESHARP

Bucket full of shiners

BLUESHARP

One of the simple things I enjoy doing in life is fishing LOTW-Rainy River with a bucket full of shiners.I`m leaving in the morning for a 2 month trip.Fishnut2,I will keep a eye out for your dog while I,m up there. Good luck finding your dog. Kaz,hope to run into you.I need advice on buying marine band radio.I`m going to buy thru mail while I`m up there.I`m not hard to find I`m set up seasonal at the Riverview campground or visiting Keith.Rick,Paul and Dennis,searching around I came across last years post.I also fish the same rapids and do real good on plastics.Yellow has been good thru the years.Will post report when I get back.

Paul Waldowski

BlueSharp,<P>Rick, Dennis and myself will be up 10/14 and 10/15 fishing the same area. We will be at Clementson Resort. We won't be hard to find. If you see a goofy looking guy at the wheel of a RiverPro with two goofier guys hanging on for dear life all the while mainting huge smiles, you'll know that you found us. grin.gif<P>------------------<BR>Paul<BR>ProStaff Director<BR><A HREF="http://fishingminnesota.com" TARGET=_blank>FishingMinnesota</A><BR><A HREF="http://Iceleaders.com" TARGET=_blank>Iceleaders</A><P> PWaldowski@comcast.net<BR><A HREF="http://www.drakemotel.com" TARGET=_blank>Drake Motel</A><BR><A HREF="http://marcumcustomerservice.com/index.aspx" TARGET=_blank>Marcum</A><BR><A HREF="http://otteroutdoors.com" TARGET=_blank>Otter Outdoors</A><BR><A HREF="http://www.jrstackle.com/index.html" TARGET=_blank>JR's Tackle</A><BR><A HREF="http://minnesota-lake-maps.com/" TARGET=_blank>Lakemaster Lake Maps</A><p>[This message has been edited by Paul Waldowski (edited 09-06-2004).]

Kaz

Bluesharp, I'll be up on Thursday afternoon and staying until Sunday.. Who do I ask for over at Riverview?? Or we'll be cutting trees at my place all day Friday.. I'm at 3343 Burr Oak Rd. Stop by.... Kaz

Lund 18

Kaz<P>Whats the river level and current like like? Is the current what you would call normal or is it still down? How about the water level in the lake, last year at this time it was very low. I'll be up later in Oct and just starting to think about the trip any info you could give me would be great. I really enjoy reading your knowledge of the lake. Do you ever go across the street to Ballards for a cold one?<BR>Lund 18

carlcmc

i can't even imagine it. 2 months of solid fishing. unbelievable. have fun.

WCT

Bluesharp;<BR> Just FYI, the last couple mornings I've noticed large groups of crow ducks(cormmies)on the river. The only reason I can think of for them being there this time of year is minnows(shiners). If the shiners are there the walleyes can't be far behind. This is just my theory and not anything I have confirmed, but is sure does get a fall walleye guy salivating. As far as river level goes I would say it is about normal for this time of year, decidedly higher than last year. Current is moderate, should be able maintain contact with bottom with 3/8 or 1/2 oz. jigs.<BR> Enjoy your fall fishing maybe see you on the water. Ol'Sneller

Kaz

Lund: I agree with WCT, that things are pretty much back to normal. Two weeks ago I had a minimun of 5 feet in 4 mile bay. It will be good if the Shiners are coming into the river already. If the "Sky Carp" are in the river, then the Shiners have started too. Ballards, yes I do visit there, but most of the time I "water" at Riverbend or Adrian's. I did have dinner at Ballards and my neighbor, Lars Johnson, is there every morning for coffee. It sounds like you must be in the area too. I'm at 3343 Burr Oak, just down the street from Ballards. If you see a white Denali in the drive, stop in and introduce youself.... Sounds like the river may turn on early this year. If the shiners come in, they didn't seem to last year, then the Ice fishing should be good in December too. I monitor channel 82, so give me a call if your on the water this fall.... kaz

Lund 18

Kaz<BR>Thanks for the update. I don't live to close I'm over 400 miles from the ramp at Wheelers Point but I've been coming up 2 to 4 times a year for the past 10 years. I love the fall and March opening on the river. I'll be up in Oct if I see the Denali I'll stop in and say hi. I usually walk every morning around 5:30am but I won't stop in then. <BR>Lund 18

Kaz

Lund, if the lights are on, stop in. We're usually up and the coffee is on!! I think you probably have past by before and know just about where we are.. Heading up in about an hour.... Kaz

bajafisher

Riverfishermen...my wife, chocolate lab pup, and I are spending the season (June - Nov) on the Rainy River next to the Silver Creek junction. Walleye fishing and teaching some basic retrieving/pointing skills. I fish most every day..mostly on LOTW downrigging near Long Point/Gull Rock..but have spent many days walleye, pike, and smallmouth fishing on the river. The shiners are definitely here as are the cormarants..lots of both. More walleyes moving in every day, it seems. The creek out front is a good bet where it joins the Rainy as well as many other holes within a mile either up or down river. Our dock and kitchen are always open for a visit about hunting/fishing and a hot cup..on the Rainy River side at Silver Creek..single story brown cottage with big yard. Roger, Phyl, Dakota. Good fishing and tight lines.