• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Shorthair Guy

Sleeper houses on LOW????

Shorthair Guy

Hey guys I know that it is a bit early to be asking this but I am in charge of the trip and want to get a bit of jump on it. We are not interested in staying in a lodge kind of like to stay out on the ice reguardless of the lack of night bite. There would be 5-6 of us. Any help or info would be greatly appreciated!!!!!<P>Thanks Shorthair Guy

MJCatfish

We stayed in Ballard's sleepers last year. First time doing that, I was kind of dreading it, because have always enjoyed a shower, etc. We had a great time and will be doing it again. During the day, we'd get a knock on our doors about 5-6 times with Ballards' employees asking how things were, etc. Hospitality was great and the sleepers were comfortable. <P>Although there are 4 beds, I'd sugges three to a house. The extra bed is really nice for your clothes and other items. If you have access to snowmobiles, follow the bombers out with them. That way you can go for a nice cruise, day or night, if the fish aren't biting. Make sure you have your gps with if you do that.<P>Good Luck!<P>MJ

sal

I've done Ballards and Tim Lyons sleepers... both did the job well...

sal

I've done Ballards and Tim Lyons sleepers... both did the job well...

1DIRTBALL

Hard to beat what Jason and Bryant do for you at Gibbins Ice Fishing.<P>------------------<BR>YOU CAN'T [PoorWordUsage] AN OLD [PoorWordUsage]'ER!

Dr. Bob

I'll second that vote for Gibbin's. They do a great job and there houses are the best I've ever seen. And I have been doing sleepers for many years.<P>------------------<BR>The Doctor is in.............Everybody stand back!!!<P>I.B.O.T. # 144<BR>Boundry Waters Chapter

barebackjack

Id throw in a third vote for gibbins, Bryant and Jason are good business.<P>------------------<BR>barebackjack IBOT#197<BR>Why ride the wagon when the walk is so scenic?????????

New Yankee

Anyone know why the Gibbin's page is down? <P>Suspect they may have cut'er off for the Summer but time waits on no man - planning for the ice!<P>Had fair luck there last Feb, and I agree with Dr. Bob's past posts on the cost when you take the family - it's really the way to go.<P>Hard to beat Glenn and Pam at Riverbend for day trips though.

bturck

New Yankee: How are things in Sioux Falls? Its been busy up here. Getting in lots of bass fishing and also some nice bonus walleyes on the spinners as well. Just haven't been able to pull enough time off to head to LOW for the soft water. Just think in four months we could be drilling holes again. Take Care, Bill

New Yankee

Hey Bill, good to "hear" from you. Staying busy as well. Been trying to learn this walleye 'bidness - I fish instead of catch most days!<P>The lakes down in this part of the state are like cereal bowls with water in them - not much structure and mostly shallow. Hard for a Southern boy used to big Corps of Engineer/Tenn Valley Auth lakes to get used to. Suspect I may feel more at home on the Missouri river, so will be trying that out soon.<P>If you would, drop me a line at [email protected] with the dates you're up at the Bend - I've gotta get a trip put together and would certainly enjoy swapping some fish tales w/you!<P>Bob<p>[This message has been edited by New Yankee (edited 07-26-2004).]

big ugly

Big Ugly, please read the forum policy regarding posting links and business contact info.<P>Thanks, fiskyknut<p>[This message has been edited by fiskyknut (edited 07-28-2004).]

bturck

Bob: I will do that regarding the trips this winter. I have those in my date book at the office. I will email you the dates that we have reserved. There are five weekends. <P>Oahe has some pretty good walleye action out your way. Not too sure how far that would be from Sioux Falls though. Ya those dish pan lakes can be tough to put a pattern together on. We've been bangin the bass over here with some bonus eyes up to 27" coming to the boat. Released all the eyes though and the bass to. Just love to hook em up for the fight. I'll email you within the next couple of days. Bill