• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Winter Wanderbouts

Wanderer

1 hour ago, smurfy said:

boyz and there toyz!!!!!!!!🤭🤭

what part of the frozen tundra are you at now........abouts???

Close to home, Little Nunya in Todd County. 😉

• Thumbs Up 1

18 minutes ago, Mike89 said:

oh that lake!!  🤣

Yea I know right where that is!!🥴🤪 it's right down the road from none of your effin business.🤣

2 hours ago, smurfy said:

Yea I know right where that is!!🥴🤪 it's right down the road from none of your effin business.🤣

ya sure now???   could be the other direction too!!!  😜😎

• Yayyyy 1

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders
4 hours ago, Wanderer said:

Close to home, Little Nunya in Todd County. 😉

You lie. Google says there is no Nunya lake in MN! 😒

• Yayyyy 2

1 hour ago, leech~~ said:

🤔 mayhaps he spelt it rong????😉🤭🤗

• Yayyyy 1

2 hours ago, leech~~ said:

Now how’d  I know you’d look that up? 🤷‍♂️

• Yayyyy 2
  • l Love It 1

On 2/5/2022 at 7:21 PM, smurfy said:

Well 🤔 his screen handle is leech for a reason.!🤪🤣

He’s even said as much in the past! 😁

I left the lake this morning.  We were doing OK but it sounds like the friend I’ve been fishing with out there had a GOOD day bite for crappies and gills.  

I went north to the Fifty Lakes area to plow some driveways for another friend.  All I can say about lake conditions is  a few people plowed on a few lakes and some houses are out.  What I hear from people going out is stay on the plowed roads with wheelers or vehicles or get stuck in hard drifts or slush if you don’t!

I’m assuming snowmobile travel is OK since the snow is hard packed, but yeah, you might be fishing in slush when you cut a hole.  But who hasn’t ever done that before? 

• Thumbs Up 1

Weekend home on LOTW's. We got here Thursday afternoon but had to park in the bay, with the snow and wind they said no go. Got set up about 11 today.

IMG_20220211_141243939.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, smurfy said:

Weekend home on LOTW's. We got here Thursday afternoon but had to park in the bay, with the snow and wind they said no go. Got set up about 11 today.

IMG_20220211_141243939.jpg

Glad you finally got on the lake and are getting into some.  A crappie, did you end up on Red then instead of LOW?  

Nope on LOTW's. They weren't letting people out on red either yesterday. We are out 5 miles out of zipple bay resort. That's as far as they are plowing.

• Thumbs Up 1

Finally a decent walleye!! Mostly Sauger. Was brutal cold this morning with propane issues but we got it. Headed home first thing in the morning.

IMG_20220213_125019571.jpg

Edited by smurfy
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Wow, ❤ 1

Dam near 41 1/2! 😉😁

Does your buddy have a tank heater blanket?  They work nice.  We got one for our tanks this year after the -34 New Year’s weekend.  It’s nice piece of mind but I really like being able to get almost all of the propane out of the tank before having to switch.

Edited by Wanderer
  • Thumbs Up 1

Made it home. Mornings of -22, -33 and -22 makes ya wonder though. We both watched the weather pretty close before we left, had we known what we know now we would of passed on the trip.

It's been a long long time since I seen that much ice. Global warming... BS 🤣 

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, smurfy said:

Made it home. Mornings of -22, -33 and -22 makes ya wonder though. We both watched the weather pretty close before we left, had we known what we know now we would of passed on the trip.

Yup it gets cold out there!  We’ve been figuring the lake temps are always a good 10 degrees lower than whatever the  weather station in the area predicts.  At least that was consistent for us on our trips.

Like I tell my bro who backs out on everything - if you’ll only go when it’s ideal, you’ll never go.  Guess how many times he’s been out with me on one of the big lakes… 😉

Glad you made it back safe and hope you had a good time anyway.  Bring some more gas for your buddy’s genny and maybe he’ll let ya run a heater blanket so you have don’t have the propane problems. 😏

• Yayyyy 2

well we are planning a trip next year already........spent 4 days in his wheelhouse and didnt kill each other........thats a good sign!🤭 his kid has a wheeelhouse also. he wants tobring his wife do i'd bunk with his kid. thoughts are doing a jan trip walleyes might bite better then he thinks!!!   

• Yayyyy 1

1 hour ago, smurfy said:

thoughts are doing a jan trip walleyes might bite better then he thinks!!!   

It should be better in January. 👍

But then again it’s gonna get better again this season too before it’s over.  Maybe slip another in?

Looks like any fishing around the cabin is on hold for a while. 2 reports I got, one first hand from my brother who was at the cabin, is saying slush galore. Only options are plowed roads. I may have to find some fish around home. 

26 minutes ago, smurfy said:

Looks like any fishing around the cabin is on hold for a while. 2 reports I got, one first hand from my brother who was at the cabin, is saying slush galore. Only options are plowed roads. I may have to find some fish around home. 

Well Wanderer has no problem with slush so he's good to go! 👍  🤡

• Confused 1
  • Yayyyy 1

49 minutes ago, leech~~ said:

Well I'm kinda waiting for a first hand report from you!!!🙄🤭

• Thumbs Up 1

46 minutes ago, leech~~ said:

It doesn’t rule my life.  The more you know, the more you can go…. Sometimes the knowing is like smurfy says, pick other lakes.  

IMO running a sled gives a person a lot more options than wheels.  I’ve only been using wheels and have been managing decently.