• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Now maybe the lake will come up some so my boat will come off the lift, and the grass won't be crunchy...

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, mulefarm said:

How much did you get?

According to weather underground local weather station abotu .5 inches.   Looking in the bucket sitting outside that seems about right.  

• Thanks 1

We got .5” at the east end of Frazer, but the main action was more in Del’s area, north of us. I was fishing and my cell phone radar wasn’t showing anything so I had a harrowing ride home. No eating fish. Glad for the rain. In 15 years, I’ve never seen it this low.

• Thumbs Up 1

Nice to see but too little too late and there is nothing of significance in the 10 day forecast.  Time to lower my boat lift.

Good news that it rained. It's as dry as I've seen in a long time. Since I'm a glass-is-half-full kind of person, I found some positives with the dryness:

1. I was able to walk along the shoreline a long ways, walking and jumping from rock to rock since they are all exposed.

2. Only two mosquitoes have managed to draw blood from me in my last two trips. For this time of year, they are virtually non-existent.

3. I was able to ride my ATV on the trails in our peninsula, accessing areas that are normally too wet. THAT was fantastic.

4. After pulling 100+ ticks off of me at opener when I went into the woods, I only had two this past weekend. 

On the negative side, I didn't use my sauna at all due to the dryness. I decided that it's time to install some fine mesh screen as a spark arrestor on the sauna stove. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Neighbor had almost an inch in his rain gauge. The mosquitoes have been terrible at our place all summer. I might even clear some rocks away from my shoreline, so we can access the water without twisting an ankle. I guess one positive is with my stupid cantilever boatlift, water level hasn't been a problem....so far anyway.

3 hours ago, SkunkedAgain said:

4. After pulling 100+ ticks off of me at opener when I went into the woods, I only had two this past weekend. 

Last month I had over 4 dozen ticks on me after checking my 4 trail cameras in the woods by Soudan.  Last weekend I didn't have a single one after spending even more time in those woods.

1 hour ago, CigarGuy said:

The mosquitoes have been terrible at our place all summer. 

I’ve noticed the same thing while night fishing recently.  The mosquito numbers are unbelievable.  My theory is that the collapse of the bat population due to ‘white nose syndrome’ has allow the mosquito population to proliferate. I can’t remember the last time I saw a bat while night fishing, whereas in years past there would be many of them flying around us - each happily consuming 1,000 mosquitoes per hour.

• Thumbs Up 2

Put up some bat houses around your properties. They won't all survive living in the Soudan Mine

• Thumbs Up 1

Sadly, bat houses don't work for winter so back to the mine...

Wow.   We got maybe .05 here in Wakemup Village.    Fortunately your rain helps the water level here too.

Thanks for taking one for the team...

Edited by delcecchi

Well, missed us again.     That radar overlay at Wunderground wundermap seems to be off a little.  Basically, pffft it was done.   A lttle toonder and lightning and then nothing.