• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Marcum depth finder quit working.

hitthebricks

Question

hitthebricks

I have a Marcum LX5 that's been hardly used.  I charged the battery then turned it on and let it run to check the battery life to see if I needed  a new one.  After a few hours it died.  Tried to charge it again but no luck, bought a new one, hooked it up, nothing, checked the connections, nothing.  Any ideas what's wrong?

HTB

2 answers to this question

my suggestion is to look up Marcum and stop by and have them take a look.  It has been a few years since I had to do this but when i had an issue with a Marcum product i drove to their shop (Bloomington area i believe) and they resolved my issue on the spot in a matter of minutes.  Good Luck

• Thumbs Up 2
Wanderer

I’d re-check the connections.  I had a bad terminal on one of mine I couldn’t see the bad spot under the plastic insulator.

Re-check the power connection on the back of the unit for tightness and the prongs in tact.  If you have a meter and can ohm the power lead out, do that.

If it comes down to having to open up the head, send it or take it in.

• Thumbs Up 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• Greywolf25
      By Greywolf25
      New to ice fishing. In a 16’ ice castle in a lake with 17 inches of ice. Ice is cracking so much it sometimes shakes my house. Anything to worried about? 
    • opsirc
      By opsirc
      Anyone know if the public access parking lot is plowed?
    • 406_outdoormaniac
      By 406_outdoormaniac
      So I just received my fathers ice shack he built more than 20 years ago. He never got to take it out because of life so it’s been sitting there since rotting away. I’m doing some TLC on it and want to get some wiring done before the inside is done. I’ll have a propane wall heater, that’s easy to do for me. But I don’t know much on how to configure a 12V system. I just want to add a couple lights inside and 3 or 4 outlets, possibly lights outside as well. Nothing crazy but I want to be able to build off of it in the later future. Please give me some criticism or whatever you please. Just want to do it right and safely. Shack is 6’ X 10’. 
    • Lynette Norton
    • Austin12345
      By Austin12345
      Does anyone hear have any experience overnight fishing in your popup any tips or tricks or anything like that?
    • opsirc
      By opsirc
      anyone know if there is a big difference between these two? I understand that lawn/garden are pretty much lawnmower/ summer   use, and power sport are for utv/atv/snowmobile/ winter use. 
    • Rick
      By Rick
      Have a very Merry Christmas my friends. 

I hope you all feel the love on this very special day!

God bless.
    • lakesareaoutdoors
      By lakesareaoutdoors
      I see a lot of people asking questions around the Humminbird Helix series for ice fishing. In this video I walk through how I setup my unit:

• AnglerJake
      By AnglerJake
      Hello! My wife and I are thinking about a vacation to Ely, MN summer 2021. Has anyone stayed at this resort? Looks like a real nice place from their website. Not a real hard core fisherman, but would like to catch enough for a couple meals anyway. Anyone fished the Garden-White Iron-Farm chain in late June or early July? I would seriously consider a guide for a day. Any recommendations?

Thanks, and have a Merry Christmas!

Jake
    • whateverisbiting
      By whateverisbiting
      I hear the auto deploy feature can leave you stuck on a lake if it malfunctions but also heard they have gotten better recently.  Anyone know how the reliability is looking for recent models, and if malfunctions can you manually bring it in?
  • Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Wanderer
      Yah, no kidding!  Heading the Winnie this weekend.  Wife signed us up for a GTG for a wheelhouse group.  About 100 confirmed attendance. 😲   The most important thing I packed was the 4 wheeler! 😄
    • monstermoose78
      Looks like we lucked out with the weather compared to what they were talking about. See you all on the ice this weekend!!
    • Wanderer
      Since y’all are weighing in.   I don’t have a grand opinion either way on the youth season.  Honestly for those I know, it seemed more important to the adults than the kids they took.  I understand that’s not universal with all kids so I doubt I’ll stand against it even though I do prefer level playing fields for everyone as @gimruismentioned.  Teaching kids to earn something is a life lesson in itself.     Teal - I still see a good percentage of BWT on opener compared to other ducks so I know there’s still plenty that haven’t left.  I’m more worried about the misidentified young of the year others that will get tossed or not retrieved when shooters realize they dropped non-teal.  Look no further than the splash duck rule for support.  A couple bonus teal so we can get “our fair share”?  OK, doesn’t sound too bad.  Same difference as shooting them for more days.   No trolling motors in WMA’s.  Paddlers still want to have a place to get away from motor hunters.  We’re supposed to be creating or at least maintaining opportunities in this state.  Don’t take quiet enjoyment away completely.  And by quiet enjoyment, I’m speaking of pressure not the noise of a trolling motor...    Spinners OK all the time, sure, why not everyone has them by now.  Again a level playing field.   The statewide open water rule is the single change I’m most interested in.  I’m all in.   Oh yeah, split season: I’m fine with it.  I’ve given up firearms deer hunting for ducks before and will keep doing it if I have ducks to chase.
    • Kettle
      I definitely appreciate your opinion and can see your point of view. Can I ask if you were as a youth able to participate in a youth hunt as I know relatively speaking it is fairly new.   You are definitely right, hunting is not what it used to be. I myself don't even waterfowl hunting in MN anymore. Ironically speaking I grew up hunting a faimly farm. On bad years my family would attribute the poor numbers to me youth hunting but there were years where I hunted the youth opener and on the standard opener we had limits for 12 individuals, seeing this and reading data I do believe that the youth opener has minimal to zero impact on hunting outcomes two weeks later. To this day I can say I harvested one wood duck, one mallard and two teal in my three years of youth day and didn't even shoot a box of shells in those three years. I have hunted early teal in Iowa in early September and saw large migrating flocks of teal, hundreds, bluewing teal, the mass majority are out of MN by our main opener and if lucky enough some individuals harvest green wing teal as they are late migrators compared to their cohorts. Covid definitely pushed more people into the outdoors but as an emergency medicine physician assistant and former paramedic I am glad people got out and enjoyed the outdoors versus congregating indoors. 
    • Wanderer
      I’d re-check the connections.  I had a bad terminal on one of mine I couldn’t see the bad spot under the plastic insulator.   Re-check the power connection on the back of the unit for tightness and the prongs in tact.  If you have a meter and can ohm the power lead out, do that.   If it comes down to having to open up the head, send it or take it in.
    • Wanderer
      Winter access.  I’ve never launched from a south side access.  I always used Wayzata, Spring Park, North Arm or Maxwell Bay when boating.  There were a few winter access spots scattered around but they were never marked.  And who knows, they could’ve been shut down since the last time I was on Minnetonka ice.   By the looks of the feedback, I’m either posting too much about this for some people or experiences with the lake have really gone down hill over the years.   I’ve sometimes considered going back to the Cities just to fish my old spots out there.  At one time I could’ve drawn a map of the lake from memory.  Of course looking at Navionics I see I was still missing a lot!
    • Mjen
    • gimruis
      I used that access one time in the spring but there's nowhere to park.  There's no lot and the parking on the shoulder of the road requires some kind of designated parking pass.  Needless to say after I launched my boat and realized this, I had to load back up and go to another access.
    • Wanderer
      Carson’s is a pretty sheltered area as far as Minnetonka goes.  Always been one of the early ice spots on the lake, especially with the access convenience and shelter from the big winds.  I agree, 15 is surprising but possible.   I talked to a friend from the Cross Lake area today and they’ve been hard pressed to find more than 9.5 on lakes they fish.  We’re running 9.5 - 12 in Central MN and I had up to 14 in Ely on New Year’s Day.   Never assume and always check, especially when going away from the crowds.
    • ozzie
      odd that Minnetonka has more ice than smaller lakes north of it...not saying it doesn't have 15" of ice but that surely surprises me when areas of the state with colder temps have less ice than that.  I would certainly check for myself before I just drove aimlessly onto a lake let alone one around the cities

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.