• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Gearing up for ice fishing

Austin12345

• 1 month later...
  • 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

Good stuff guys! 
what are you guys running for other gear?

augers

rods 

reels

jigs

plastics 

• Thumbs Up 1

This my newest piece of gear the Kichler custom black ice paired with a black Betty. 

95686C09-9710-4DFE-8F8D-027E8B686766.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 4

Got the Clam Ice Armor Rise Float Bibs & Parka for walking / ATV on early ice. They are also quite warm for today's cool down chill.

20201224_104326.thumb.jpg.6e81f9fddd347ce12000f8b4606ae572.jpg

20201224_104259.jpg.51d3968edfa14068f14989819f22ae8c.jpg

• Thumbs Up 4

• Official Fishing Report Team - MN

You will love them! Cant say enough about my clam suit!

• Thumbs Up 1

I’ve been working a ton the past several months which was friendly to my wallet.  A “used” MX 7 with Navionics chip was the new, biggest toy purchase until I came back from the bait shop this morning.  Ran across a nicely appointed small wheelhouse I was able to pick up for $2k.  Something we can keep local that my wife is more comfortable in.  Plus she’s getting a new FLX12 with lithium battery when we open gifts today.  She’s been wanting an FL8 but I went with the 12 so she can use zoom on her LOW girls weekend for those tight bottom swimmers.

Picked up some new Kenders jigs at the bait shop I’m anxious to try.

8462BE97-2030-4045-93E8-C9BDC25DC963.thumb.jpeg.7f5884280a985c61e9216b009be15cd6.jpeg

Feels like I went a little overboard so now I’m looking for new pants with smaller holes in the pockets.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Yayyyy 1

what's the new shack look like??  went thru LF the other on by way to Sartell, the running over the darn wasn't much..  then on the way back I seen that burrito place BK.. a good burrito I thought...  

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Yayyyy 1

The burrito shop in little falls by BK is amazing!! The have a another family owned one is Sauk rapids as well!

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, IceHawk said:

You will love them! Cant say enough about my clam suit!

Already love them, very warm with a ice armor Hoodia layer. At least now I won't need to learn how to breathe under water if I go through ice, they float. Just wait for hypothermia to take me out.

15 minutes ago, Mike89 said:

what's the new shack look like??  went thru LF the other on by way to Sartell, the running over the darn wasn't much..  then on the way back I seen that burrito place BK.. a good burrito I thought...  

is that where you got your "FISH" burrito!!!!!! you know what they say about people that need to go out for fish!!!!!!!???

• Thumbs Up 1

don't know Sauk Rapids very well so I most likely won't find that one..  there is one one in St. Cloud called bravo burrito I think, been many years since I ate there..  so can't remember how good it was.. 

and yes Glenn that is the place!!! 

Edited by Mike89
  • Yayyyy 1

2 hours ago, Mike89 said:

don't know Sauk Rapids very well so I most likely won't find that one..  there is one one in St. Cloud called bravo burrito I think, been many years since I ate there..  so can't remember how good it was.. 

and yes Glenn that is the place!!! 

Ok it’s by batteries plus and holiday in the strip mall.

• Thumbs Up 1

34 minutes ago, monstermoose78 said:

You’ve always been generous with your spots! ?

@ Tom Sawyer let me know the FLX 12 doesn’t have zoom before she opened it.  He’s right of course, the 18’s and up apparently do according to the guy I got form.  Oops.  But she doesn’t care; she’s already in the driveway playing with it and dulling my auger blades. 

Yeah, I stole that line.... not sorry....

3 hours ago, Mike89 said:

Pics? No way, been stalked before... ?

yah, the burrito joint is good!

Edited by Wanderer
  • Yayyyy 2

I like people to have a good time and I am a fat guy I know good food! 

My favorite upgrades have been my Jason Mitchell Voyager flip-over, the dewalt on the clam drill plate, the two Kichler Custom Black Ice Rods, maki minos, the bump board msrd, plastics, and fishing with all the great guys from here!! 

957E1396-C6DF-4C2F-83A5-90C8A938C9EB.png

3EAF569E-F27B-49C4-BE1A-CEF8570447C8.jpeg

1AAD116E-F2E1-4DA4-951F-8F288EACD0D5.jpeg

2CA7A010-5798-4962-9192-6542985E3858.jpeg

1BEF0760-0E48-49F1-A6F4-8950DE21DE8B.jpeg

82B30FE2-6579-4F9F-9414-74A951D34F92.jpeg

19793AEB-D30C-41DC-BD13-4CA8F92D0EE5.jpeg

BF928A0C-545F-436A-AFCF-2631AE09C7E8.jpeg

13443F7C-FBBC-4468-A385-38009FAC2CAE.jpeg

Edited by monstermoose78
  • Wow, ❤ 1
  • l Love It 1

I seen your drill setup used first hand last Saturday on red. I was impressed.?

I would of never believed it other wise.

Edited by smurfy

3 hours ago, monstermoose78 said:

well when I find batteries plus I'll be looking!!  thanks!!!  

7 hours ago, Wanderer said:

Picked up some new Kenders jigs at the bait shop I’m anxious to try.

That wonder bread jig looks straight fire  ? ? ? for some jumbo perch!

• Thumbs Up 2

Lite flight 8 inch so I can pull them big gills out.

if you get this it does not just attach to the clam drill plate with out adding a bigger hole in the extension is where I had mine added 

8BA7447A-E362-4BB1-BB11-91BAF86F3826.jpeg

Edited by monstermoose78
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 12/23/2020 at 12:07 PM, monstermoose78 said:

Good stuff guys! 
what are you guys running for other gear?

augers

rods 

reels

jigs

plastics 

On top of the Humminbird ice55/Lithium Combo  I picked up an Otter Pro Lodge Thermal Hub last spring on Clearance.  It should get its maiden voyage tomorrow.  I make swiss cheese with a 6in. Nils w/Ryobi Brushless + 9ah batteries.  I mainly run Pflueger President reels, though I did get a 13 Free Fall Ghost as my "gift" from the kids, which went on the UL today.  Most of my rods are miscellaneous, though still rock an old Meatstick or two.  I am too hard on my rods to spend too much on them, LOL.  

I have an old Clam Guide 2 man flip over, and I can't decide whether to sell it or just leave it at the cabin.  Its pretty hard to fit all the fishing gear and the kids in the SUV.  ?  Even the Hub is hard to fit!

Edited by CJH
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Yayyyy 1

I have a Eskimo popup but I am mostly hole hopping when I fish by my self I use a tickle stick and 13 fishing decent reel for my main panfish jigging set up I also use a 13 fishing micro tech pan fish rod that I am a big fan of I have the 29 inch light action with a spring bobber. For and auger I run a HT nero auger kit 6 inch I know HT is not a very good brand for quailty but I saw this auger got very good reviews and it is great It cuts like butter and is only 100 dollars I run it with a dewalt cordless and clam drill plate. As I already showed I use a Garmin striker 4 for my sonar that works great as well.

• Thumbs Up 3

I use my riding SnoDog on early ice for my 949i hub on my smithy sled for longer distance treks, grandson able to pull sled short distance or Frabill 2 man flip. Use folding floor in the hub, DIY fully wireless camera,  rod holders, and vex flasher. Also a water proof Ottertex canvas 2 layer insulated 8# floor that folds to fit on top of flip for transport. My auger is a Milwaukee 1200 ip with a chuckles adapter with ion Quick release attached to a modified hand Mora with chipper blades and ice chip propel fins. Also attaches Eskimo anchor screws. Rods are Walmart specials being on Social Security fixed income. Built rod holders, glow jigs lighted with IR lights and a couple auto joggers. Bottom pics are a dual Track Sled electric power wireless zero turn out of Canada not yet available. $27k for single unit so guessing $50k range. Batteries are $6,500 ea. 4 needed to get 75 mile range. Next summer project to build a gas powered zero turn drive on 2 snowmobile tracks with enclosed insulated cab. Prefer warmth while on the ice.

20201228_103308.thumb.jpg.1240a48af46a42f3419dec8c17e5cc7d.jpg

Edited by papadarv
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Wow, ❤ 1
  • l Love It 1

44 minutes ago, Wanderer said:

@papadarvand Dave Genz should have coffee together some time.

Bet they could come up with some awesome stuff

• Thumbs Up 3

On 12/25/2020 at 5:34 PM, CJH said:

I make swiss cheese with a 6in. Nils w/Ryobi Brushless + 9ah batteries. 

Hey CJH I had a Ryobi that was five years used before I started using it on my eskimo hand auger it did not work very good but it got me by even though the blades were sharp interesting to hear that yours works great with the nils. I got a new auger set up this year wish I would have read this before I bought my 200 dollar dewalt lol. 

3 hours ago, Austin12345 said:

Hey CJH I had a Ryobi that was five years used before I started using it on my eskimo hand auger it did not work very good but it got me by even though the blades were sharp interesting to hear that yours works great with the nils. I got a new auger set up this year wish I would have read this before I bought my 200 dollar dewalt lol. 

I use the newer Brushless Hammerdrill.  It works really well with the Nils.  10 years ago (or so) I used a regular Ryobi + NiCad with a StrikeMaster Lazer hand auger with some type of adapter.  That didn't work very well.  This newer setup is night and day better!  I really like it!