• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Just popping in to say Hi

Great to hear from you Dtro!  It is sad that the participation in forums like this is going by the wayside and it seems we are losing valued members constantly which is sad, but also the way of the world.  Great to hear you are succeeding in your latest adventure, but that does not surprise me, as following you for the past 15 years, I wouldn't expect anything less from you!  I enjoyed the news clip and the excitement on the young girls face as she reeled in her first sturgeon!  Keep doing what your doing and don't be a stranger!!   Take care and stay safe!  Ozzie 

• Thumbs Up 4

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Thanks for stopping in Darren. I will always consider you a great friend. You always gave and then gave some more.

You are appreciated.

• Thumbs Up 1

DTro it is great to hear from again.  You were one of the great posters of this site that made me join some 13-14 years ago.  We all miss the contributions that you and many past member gave us.  Average Joe fisherman like myself have struggled to continue the great things you all had started.  For this I apologize to FM.  

Social media has certainly drawn many away from message boards like FM, due to groups having known people respond to post quicker (instant gratification).  With the loss of many members and the numerous get together,  the personal touch and trust has been lost on message boards.

I also think that, I my situation, life with active teenage kids and speed of life have taken me away from sharing my experiences as often.  Every year I hope to be more active, it just hasn't materialized.

I still love this site, I just need to devote more time to be active.

Thanks again DTro, nice to hear from you again, blessings to you.

• Thumbs Up 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• SkunkedAgain
      By SkunkedAgain
      Let's get an ice thread going.

I saw on the fishing thread that someone said that Head O Lakes had open water prior to the most recent snowfall. Unless we melt off a lot of this snow, we are going to have a bad ice year. Is Big Bay completely frozen over?
    • Tom Sawyer
      By Tom Sawyer
      So what has everyone been up to while waiting for the ice to grow? Any new product purchases?

• Monster1234
      By Monster1234
      The guy told me this was custom and he payed $150 way back. 83” long 7” wide. Could this be the Brainerd spear?

• whateverisbiting
      By whateverisbiting
      I apologize in advance for asking a question that has probably been addressed a thousand times.  Though on a search I was finding old posts and things change quickly in technology.

I tried ice lines a while back and did not see any performance difference so I have not been willing to pay more for that small package.  For mono/fluoro I use summer line brands suffix, trilene, P-line and I also use braid with and without a mono/fluoro leader.

For spooling a winter spinning reel with all 4 lb mono, is there any ice line today that you have actually experienced a performance difference?  Specifically I am interested if they are actually less stiff at the lower temps (less memory).
    • jim curlee
      By jim curlee
      The title say's it all.
      I'm looking for a nice deer rifle in 308.
      May consider other calibres, I'm gettin old, and don't like the recoil from magnum rifles.
      I know what they are worth, no that doesn't scare me. LOL
      May even consider other vintage rifles, BDL, etc.
      Have lots to trade if that's you're bag, but I also have cash for the right rifle.
      Thanks
      Jim
    • papadarv
      By papadarv
      Blaine Hard Water Expo starts tomorrow Friday 11/19. Canceled last year due to Covid. I plan on tomorrow to pick up a new K-Drill and a few other items.

• Tom7227
      By Tom7227
      I have a power washer that runs for a few minutes and then stalls out.  Can't restart it for hours.  The shop said it was a carb and so I replaced that and it still happens.  I thought it may be a problem with the vent in the gas tank but left the cap loose and it still happened. 

Any ideas?

Thanks for your time.

Tom
    • SkunkedAgain
      By SkunkedAgain
      There have not been a ton of fishing reports. What are you all up to right now?

With this nice weather, I am hoping to take at least one more trip up to the lake in early November. Then I can do my end-of-season boat maintenance and then get snowmobiles prepped for the winter.

Are people out hunting right now, taking hikes, making soup, burying nuts for winter....???
    • JN13
      By JN13
      Hard to find model, 5" barrel and two tone, really nice shape, one box of ammo through it, need to have ptp, asking $1200.

• JN13
      By JN13
      Excellent shape and it's a Henry-smooth action, 25 rounds through it, 2 boxes of ammo included, hard to find model, asking $350.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Wanderer
      Nothing is perfect for everything.
    • CigarGuy
    • Rick G
      Shopped around the end of last season for a new case. Have had the Eagle claw  case for a couple seasons, and still use it quite a bit. Nice box for the $50 price range.  Like I said, shopped around....looked at the Otter 40  and 40deep series. Ended up getting the big Scheels 42 case. This thing is a beast...room for all but the longest rods, and lots of storage boxes to stuff goodies into.  My only complaint is the overall size...it's really too big when your trying to pack light....lol
    • JerkinLips
      I heard there was a few open spots still last weekend.  Somebody walked out from McKinley Park on Saturday and found only 2-3 inches in the bay.  Now they got heavy snow and then very cold weather so all bets are off.  I delayed my first trip up until this Thursday to give the cold weather more time to work.  Hope to report decent ice then but I wouldn't bet on it.
    • smurfy
      well we are 11-12 miles from marcell... some day mayhaps hook up at the timberwolf!!!!!!👍 good luck paying off loans!!!!!!! 
    • SkunkedAgain
      Let's get an ice thread going.   I saw on the fishing thread that someone said that Head O Lakes had open water prior to the most recent snowfall. Unless we melt off a lot of this snow, we are going to have a bad ice year. Is Big Bay completely frozen over?
    • LakeofthewoodsMN
      On the south end...  Ice has covered Lake of the Woods and in some areas of the lake, ice fishing has begun!  Other parts of the lake need a bit more time but things are moving along nicely.  It is always a good idea to work through your favorite resort or outfitter as ice thickness and conditions vary from one area to another. When ice roads / trails open up, it is normally snowmobiles, ATV's and side by sides with collapsible fish houses initially.  As the ice thickens, each ice road operator will announce when weight limits increase. Some resorts are getting fish houses out and fishing is beginning this week.  This is happening in areas of good ice that has been checked and marked.  The initial word is fishing is very good! Spearing and tip up fishing for pike on back bays has been going well with a nice variety of eaters along with the trophies at over 40".  Extreme safety is always important, especially so with early ice conditions.  Each resort / outfitter will share info as it is available.   On the Rainy River...  The Rainy River is ice covered.  With the current of the river throughout the year, knowing where and where not to travel on the ice is a must.  Work through resorts / outfitters for safety as some areas are not safe.   Pike, walleyes and sauger are being caught in areas where ice conditions allow, back bays and areas with low current that have been checked and marked. As the ice gets thicker in December, a snowmobile trail will be staked from Baudette to Wheeler's Point offering travel on the river, Mother Nature dictating of course.  When it opens, stay on the trail for safety.  No trail is marked yet. Up at the NW Angle...  Ice is progressing nicely up at the Angle.  Some local snowmobile travel has been happening in marked areas with good ice conditions.  Like every year, there are areas with cracks, current, etc.  Stay on marked trails when things open up.  Ice fishing for some will begin next week.  Check with your favorite NW Angle resort for specifics. Travel to and from the Angle via vehicle through the 40 miles of Canada is open.  Must be vaccinated and have a negative PCR COVID Test. Plan ahead with testing or rapid tests are available in Baudette and soon in Warroad.  Once at the Angle, no additional COVID testing is necessary for traveling back south from the Angle through Canada.  Want to avoid crossing the border?  Snowmobilers can take the groomed and staked trail across the lake.  Charter transport via bombardiers on the ice trail or flights over the lake landing on an ice runway are available through the LOW Passenger Service and Lake Country Air this winter.    
    • Kettle
      Smurfy, just finishing up residency. I move up Dec 21st. Not sure how much ice fishing I'll do this year, likely some. Trying to pay off the school loans before I buy a ton if toys. I should be able to provide some weather reports and some ice reports as I can walk out and always check with the hand auger. I'll be renting a cabin on little bass but my sister is up by Marcell so I'm sure I'll get up there weekly 
    • smurfy
      awesome picture!!!!!!! not really liking the 8 inches of snow, but if bowstring had 4 inches.......lakes i will be visiting should have a good 8!!!!!!!!! 👍
    • Austin12345
      Picked up the eagle claw one two weeks ago at the Blaine ice show can't say enough about it has room for 6-8 rods and all my tackle, bait pucks, Plastics and line. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.