• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Best 357 pistol cartrige for deer?

Brian Balzum

I have a new Ruger GP100 6" barrel and I'm looking for the best cartridge for deer hunting? Max distance would be 30 - 40 yards

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• SkunkedAgain
      By SkunkedAgain
      Scouting through the woods I found a very old and definitely abandoned deer stand. They are everywhere. I usually like to poke around the old ones to see what might have been left behind. I found this old coffee can with wire woven into the bottom. I've never been a hunter but am assuming that this was a home-made "stove" for keeping warm on a cold fall day. However, I'm far from an expert so I leave it to the internet. 

What is this?

• Tim L
      By Tim L
      box of winchester 350 Legend 150 grain
      extreme point
      $35
    • gimruis
      By gimruis
      Who's ready to turkey hunt?  Season A starts in less than a month.

I think I'm going to go during season B this year to avoid the initial wave of hunting pressure.  I went during season A last year and there was noticeably more hunting pressure in the area.  I think it was because of the pandemic and people were kinda cooped up, plus it was the first year they lifted the lottery.
    • monstermoose78
      By monstermoose78
      I have boxes of 40 cal HST rounds 50 per box and I am trying to figure out what I should charge from them?
    • gimruis
      By gimruis
      Not sure if anyone else saw this but the statewide pheasant report was released by the DNR yesterday and its up 42% statewide.  Its the highest numbers in over a decade.  A mostly mild winter and a dry spring likely accounted for lower mortality and a good hatch.  There will be no shortage of birds...or hunters.

https://files.dnr.state.mn.us/recreation/hunting/pheasant/prospect_map.pdf
    • 2adrsuess
      By 2adrsuess
      Anyone care to share how their season went? This was my first season waterfowl hunting in southern Minnesota, and so far I'm eating license and stamp soup! I started out jump shooting along river beds, and then picked up a dozen mallard decoys and went out on the Mississippi with my canoe. Saw a lot of birds early in the season, but they got few and far between pretty quick. I've been geese hunting public fields as well with two dozen silhouettes, but the geese seem to have moved south as well. Maybe this storm tonight will bring in some fresh birds. I'm telling myself I made all my mistakes this season, and I'll give them hell next year
    • Brandon Smith
      By Brandon Smith
      Where are people taking hides these days? I haven't seen hides for habitat dropoffs this year.
    • monstermoose78
      By monstermoose78
      Good luck every this weekend!!
    • ANYFISH2
      By ANYFISH2
      It appears the US Fish and Wildlife Service is in the press of removing the Grey Wolf from the Endangered and Threatened lists.  After waiting period they will be delisted on January 4th 2021.
    • Troy Smutka
      By Troy Smutka
      This season got off to a slow start after my son got his first ever bird on his first youth opener. Parker's first shot at a duck or goose got him a ten pound Canada goose. Early regular season netted a few bluewing teal, wood ducks, and a mallard, but we weren't seeing as many birds in central MN as we usually do early in the season. With the cold fronts and even some snow lately, things have picked up with us decoying mallards, pintails, greenwing teal, shovelers, canvasbacks, ringnecks, redheads, and bluebills. Worried about an early freeze up with the current weather and forecasted weather, but we shall see. Good luck, and I will see you out there somewhere.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.