• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• 1 month later...
jigginjim

Try walking the west side, if you can get a float tube you will have the whole lake to access. Jigs with swimbaits, twisters or crankbaits, jerkbaits work well.  now the you it's summer, frog type surface baits will get you some large bass or even a muskie.  Sorry, I  have been guiding, not watching the network.

• l Love It 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• opsirc
      By opsirc
      I have noticed that East of Adrian's rd after crossing pine Island a mile or so is a second road that runs closer to the border. Anyone know who it belongs to, there seems to be a great deal of traffic on it and I have looked to see if it comes off Adrian's but can't find how to access it. Does sportmans have one out that way?
    • whateverisbiting
      By whateverisbiting
      My buddy was on a dusk / night crappie bite so I joined him for a couple days of fun.  He has been getting increasingly good with a smoker and said he has caught a few whitefish in past years and would love to catch a few for the smoker.  Ironically, on the second day I saw a fish on the Markum a few feet under the ice and I recognized this from other catches as a potential white fish.  I brought it up an nabbed a nice one.  This got me thinking.  Anyone know why white fish cruise so close to the top of the ice?  Do minnows also cruise up high or is this a plankton thing?  Or both?  The crappies were either at 10' or on the bottom at 20'.  We did catch one crappie also at 5' but in two nights of fishing that was the only two fish marking that high.
    • black otter
      By black otter
      Maybe a dumb ? 
      Just got a used tandem axle ice castle. When lowering...which axle pin should be removed first? The one closest to front of fish house, or the one closest to the crank? Or does it not matter? 
    • eyeguy 54
      By eyeguy 54
      What’s your rod box. I grabbed a Flambeau today to upgrade since a good buddy made me a 36 inch ice rod. I added foam to the bottom and took out the dividers and it looks like it will work dandy. Got them all in and some boxes for different plastics.  Won’t know till it warms up!  All snug when I close it up. 

• monstermoose78
      By monstermoose78
      I have boxes of 40 cal HST rounds 50 per box and I am trying to figure out what I should charge from them?
    • Rick G
      By Rick G
      Well, hope the title made you look😁. Getting real sick of the frozen tundra feel that has engulfed our neck of the woods the last week.  This kinda weather ain't much fun to be outside for more than a few min at a time... Starting to go a little crazy sitting around instead of being on the ice😒 Anybody making it out? 
    • eyeguy 54
      By eyeguy 54
      There are a few organizations out there that offer a lot of fun outdoor fish and hunt trips at no or close to no cost. I have been on a few so thought I would share. Not all are for LEO.   Info on trips is always on FB.  2020 was not as busy but its starting to pick up again. Fishing with Vets.  Hometown Hero Outdoors Community.  Take a Vet Fishing. Time on the Water. We Got Your Six Outdoor Adventures. A lot of great people doing this and have met some really nice people. 
    • gimruis
      By gimruis
      Another proposal to ban certain items of lead in fishing tackle has been introduced.  I think this came to a bubble in 2018 when they tried to do it plus banning lead ammo on public lands.  The current proposal does not include ammo (as far as I can tell) and only applies to jigs and sinkers less than 2.5 inches in length.  In 2018 it did not pass.  If passed, it would take effect July 1, 2025.
    • ozzie
      By ozzie
      So now that there are many options out there, what are people thinking on the new electric augers?  I have been impressed with the drill attached augers that I have used this year and also the Strikemaster 40v electric auger.  For next year I will certainly be investing into one of these options as they are so powerful, quiet, and dont use gas!!!  I now have used a kdrill and Strikemaster drill attachments and both are nice but the strikemaster rips throught the ice faster than the kdrill IMO.  I love how I don't need to worry about gas spilling onto by ice suit and don't need to worry where the exhaust is!!  The one thing I found using a drill is they are very powerful and that you do not want to stop mid hole and try to restart as you may end up with a broken arm the way the thing grips!!!! (Lucky I didn't break my arm!)  It appears Millwaukee and Dewalt are the most common Drills I have seen used for the auger attachments.  I am leaning towards a drill attachment combo rather than one of the electric models as I just don't see the reason why I would go that route and have an auger that can only be used for an auger where the drill set up I still have a powerful drill to use on projects around the house.

What are some pro's and con's you all have come up with since using the electric augers and or the drill attachments augers opposed to a gas auger?

• leech~~
      By leech~~
      Anyone with a current ice-slush-pressure ridge report from Pelican Breezy Point area?
      Thanks. 👍
  • Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Rick G
      We are about a week and a half out yet... As of now, Ice conditions are very good holding at a little over two feet thick yet, we have about 5 inches of new snow on top of it. Hoping we don't get quite as warm and windy as they are predicting the next week as this will eat the ice quick... I will keep an eye on things and keep updated.
    • monstermoose78
      We got prizes!! Working on a few other things as well
    • LakeofthewoodsMN
      On the south end...  Fish houses can be on the ice through March 31st.  Walleyes are open through April 14th, pike never close.  A good week of fishing despite a number of temperature changes.  A variety of walleyes, saugers, perch, pike, tullibee and eelpout being caught in 29-33 feet.  Jigging spoons with a glow stick or rattles tipped with a piece of minnow for the jigging line.  On the deadstick, a colored hook with a live fathead has been effective.  Electronics are helpful to show suspended fish.  When suspended fish are spotted, reel up quickly before fish swims through.  When your lure is 2 feet below the fish, reel up to the fish slowly so you don't spook the fish.  The suspended fish have been larger walleyes overall.  Big pike being caught on tip-ups with a quick strike rig and either live sucker or large dead baitfish in 5 - 15' of water.      On the Rainy River...   Morning / evening bite continues to be the best.  Remember, March 1st - April 14th, catch and release only for walleyes on Four Mile Bay and the Rainy River.  The snowmobile trail on the river from Baudette to Wheeler's Point to the NW Angle staked and groomed.   Up at the NW Angle...  With the border closure, there are four ways to travel to the NW Angle without crossing the border.  1.  NW Angle Guest Ice Road from south shore up to the Angle.  2.  Snowmobile trails across the lake.  3.  Lake of the Woods Passenger Service (bombardier).  4.  Lake Country Air flying service. A good number of walleyes caught this week up at the NW Angle.  Walleyes in 24 - 31' of water.  Jigging with a lure producing noise with rattles is effective.  Tip jigging spoons with minnow head, tail or whole minnow.  Experiment until you figure out what the walleyes want.  Plain hook or a glow jig with a live minnow on deadstick.  Communicate with your favorite NW Angle resort for specifics.  Ice fishing on LOW through March.  Remember, a new MN Fishing License is required March 1st.   
    • Hookmaster
      Averaged 18" with a range of 16"-20". Starting tomorrow I should get out everyday while the access holds up.
    • gimruis
      I am sure there will still be safe enough ice to venture on next weekend.  The forecast looks way more like spring starting tomorrow than winter though.  As far as I can see, its nothing but 40's and even 50 in a week.  Its going to make for a sloppy mess out there, but it will still be safe enough to walk on.  The access point could be in rough shape though.   Bear in mind that most game fish seasons have now closed as of yesterday.  The only season open now is panfish.  Specifically targeting a walleye, northern pike, or bass is illegal and could get you in big trouble.  There are exceptions (mainly on some border rivers), so I would encourage you to check the regulations ahead of time.
    • Fishing DA Range and nort
      i skipped the first weekend since 2021.  My kid went out and caught 4 pike sunday.   Shallow.
    • Sue Baker
      I am new to this site and was intrigued by some of the conversations.  Sounds like a good time gathering in Richmond, wish I could be there but I am in Missouri and wanting to come up for one more ice fishing trip this coming weekend. ( Mar 5-6, 2021) I fished at Cedar Lake in Faribault with my son about a 3 weeks ago and had a blast.  I can sneak away one more time this weekend but would like to know what the ice conditions look like now.  Can any of you offer me any suggestions as to the thickness and conditions?  Looking forward to one more trip to MN this season.  (We just do not have good ice in Missouri, will not even hold up a mosquito!!!!)   Thanks and enjoy your adventures.
    • gimruis
      There was an article in the Star Tribune about the operating costs of public natural resource agencies and their loss of revenue yesterday.  Its quite obvious based on the chart provided that the number of people participating is slowly declining and operating costs are staying steady or slowing going up.  There was also a projection given and if its accurate, operating costs will exceed revenue in 2025.  This is exactly what I'm talking about.  Creating obstacles, whether they may seem small in the grand scheme of things in terms of an overall budget, will make an impact.   2020 was different because there was a surplus of people participating in outdoor activities referred to as "the covid crowd" but that is not expected to continue.
    • Hookmaster
      bobberineyes, Did they have the Federal Waterfowl stamp?
    • gimruis
      How many inches of ice is out there?  I think there will be open open water in a month based on the current forecast.  Especially if we get a couple days of rain in.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.