• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Chip Dip

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders
eyeguy 54

gonna put this out there cuz it really is good. Lol. Cottage cheese. Ketchup. A little mayo. I have always hated cottage cheese straight but have been eating this since I was a kid. With wavy or regular potato chips. And I still love it!! Lol. I might have to try it sometime with a little bbq sauce. 🤪 

31800766-0700-48D5-89BF-92E8CACF3ADF.jpeg

Edited by eyeguy 54
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Yayyyy 1
  • 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators
Borch

I just can't do it.  😁

Mostly because I dont each chips anymore.  😋

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Wow, ❤ 1

I love chips!! I enjoy good chip dip!!!  and I enjoy cottage cheese!!!  especially the Kemps one with chives!!!  But I'm thinking that is one I'll pass on!!! I would try it if someone made it so I don't waste something by accident!!!  🤪

• I Like it 1
  • Yayyyy 1
eyeguy 54

Lol. Just try a little. If you like ketchup on fries you might like this. 

Edited by eyeguy 54

where's smurf???  he puts katchup on everything!!!!!

Edited by Mike89
  • Wow, ❤ 1
Hookmaster

Quick and easy onion dip (similar to french onion dip)

16 oz of sour cream (light or regular)

1/4 to 1/3 cup dehydrated onions

1/8 cup low salt soy sauce

Mix well and let sit overnight.

• Thumbs Up 1
eyeguy 54

That’s too easy. 😉

eyeguy 54
12 minutes ago, Mike89 said:

just like buying cottage cheese and katchup!!!  🤣

Lol. But ya gotta be brave to try this. 

I did buy cottage the other day, but I got the one with chives in it...   so no katchup in that!!  LOL!!!!!

2 hours ago, eyeguy 54 said:

Lol. But ya gotta be brave to try this. 

Cooperman

My Mother use to make something similar with cottage cheese, but instead of ketchup she added a pack of Lipton onion soup mix. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Official Fishing Report Team - MN
IceHawk

Here's a dip to try that the wife makes quite often for a appetizer at parties. Chop up a bag of Imitation crab some onion add some cream cheese some ground  horseradish and some cocktail sauce shot of lemon juice  mix all together and serve with ritz crackers. Its a hit dang tasty.

Edited by IceHawk
  • Thumbs Up 3

now that sounds like a chip dip I would eat!!!!   eyeguy take note!!!   LOL!!!!!

eyeguy 54

horseradish..... yuck!   cant stand it. but would be great without it. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/1/2020 at 7:47 AM, Mike89 said:

where's smurf???  he puts katchup on everything!!!!!

Hey!!🤔 I wouldn't waste my matchup on cottage cheese. And ya lost me when cottage cheese was mentioned.

• Yayyyy 2
On 4/3/2020 at 4:08 PM, eyeguy 54 said:

horseradish..... yuck!   cant stand it. but would be great without it. 

Horseradish good for what ails ya!!👍

A great plain chip dip is sour cream with a package of Lipton onion soup mix in it.

That does sound like a good dip icehawk.

eyeguy 54

Yep that’s good. But not as good. Lol. 

• Yayyyy 1
Rick G

Smurf... You get a time out for bringing this subject back up😁 Please let this abomination of food die so nobody has to see katchup and cottage cheese mixed ever again🤢

• Yayyyy 3
eyeguy 54

Wimp!  You will never no how good it is. More for me hee hee hee 😉

2 hours ago, Rick G said:

Smurf... You get a time out for bringing this subject back up😁 Please let this abomination of food die so nobody has to see katchup and cottage cheese mixed ever again🤢

Sorry.🤧

• Yayyyy 1
9 hours ago, smurfy said:

Sorry.🤧

you and sorry, now that is funny!!!!   🤪

• Wow, ❤ 1
eyeguy 54

image.jpeg.759456fe45b1be8942fed62bac9475cc.jpeg

• Yayyyy 2
bobberineyes

Thats a different combo for sure eyeguy, but I'd hit it!! Maybe put in some Sriracha fer good measure.. ya I'm not sorry either. 😆

Edited by bobberineyes
  • Yayyyy 3
eyeguy 54

Just go easy on mayo first attempt 

😡 would you guys knock it off!!!!!!!!!😳 I don't wanna go in a long time out!!!!!!😇😰😂

• Yayyyy 2
eyeguy 54

image.jpeg.f76538709bedd3f5ce7c9a5998e1aaa0.jpeg

• Yayyyy 1
2 hours ago, smurfy said:

😡 would you guys knock it off!!!!!!!!!😳 I don't wanna go in a long time out!!!!!!😇😰😂

too late!!!!  🤣🤪

• Confused 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• Pigmeat
      By Pigmeat
      I think I know the answer, but . . .
      After running for about 3 hours the output on my flasher battery dropped from 12.5v to 10.1v. Pretty much means it's dead, correct?
    • hitthebricks
      By hitthebricks
      I have a Marcum LX5 that's been hardly used.  I charged the battery then turned it on and let it run to check the battery life to see if I needed  a new one.  After a few hours it died.  Tried to charge it again but no luck, bought a new one, hooked it up, nothing, checked the connections, nothing.  Any ideas what's wrong?

HTB
    • Greywolf25
      By Greywolf25
      New to ice fishing. In a 16’ ice castle in a lake with 17 inches of ice. Ice is cracking so much it sometimes shakes my house. Anything to worried about? 
    • opsirc
      By opsirc
      Anyone know if the public access parking lot is plowed?
    • 406_outdoormaniac
      By 406_outdoormaniac
      So I just received my fathers ice shack he built more than 20 years ago. He never got to take it out because of life so it’s been sitting there since rotting away. I’m doing some TLC on it and want to get some wiring done before the inside is done. I’ll have a propane wall heater, that’s easy to do for me. But I don’t know much on how to configure a 12V system. I just want to add a couple lights inside and 3 or 4 outlets, possibly lights outside as well. Nothing crazy but I want to be able to build off of it in the later future. Please give me some criticism or whatever you please. Just want to do it right and safely. Shack is 6’ X 10’. 
    • Lynette Norton
    • Austin12345
      By Austin12345
      Does anyone hear have any experience overnight fishing in your popup any tips or tricks or anything like that?
    • opsirc
      By opsirc
      anyone know if there is a big difference between these two? I understand that lawn/garden are pretty much lawnmower/ summer   use, and power sport are for utv/atv/snowmobile/ winter use. 
    • Rick
      By Rick
      Have a very Merry Christmas my friends. 

I hope you all feel the love on this very special day!

God bless.
    • lakesareaoutdoors
      By lakesareaoutdoors
      I see a lot of people asking questions around the Humminbird Helix series for ice fishing. In this video I walk through how I setup my unit:

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Wanderer
      @Pigmeat I’d agree it’s most likely shot.  Is it more than 3 years old?   Go lithium if you can on the replacement, you won’t regret it.
    • Wanderer
      Yah, the LX 3’s had a flaw that was common but easily corrected if the owner took a little effort and sent it back.  The 1’s and 5’s have been pretty bullet proof.
    • mulefarm
      You can park along Minnetonka Blvd.  The enforcement is from May1 to October 1. Just watch for the signs. Also the lot by the pickle ball courts is plowed and open.
    • Hookmaster
      During the summer I've seen rigs parked down by the pickle ball courts to the west of the access. I don't think there is a permit required there but not sure. There were spots open right across Mtka. Blvd. from the access when I've seen rigs by the pickle ball courts. Don't know if it's plowed in the winter. In the attached pic it shows this lot as parking for the Deephaven City offices which are in the nearby. See "P" in the lower left of the pic. Maybe I'll swing by there this weekend and see. I need excuses to exercise the truck.
    • Hookmaster
      Probably. Try charging it and monitor how quickly it comes to full charge. If it does it quickly it's another sign the battery is shot.
    • Pigmeat
      I think I know the answer, but . . . After running for about 3 hours the output on my flasher battery dropped from 12.5v to 10.1v. Pretty much means it's dead, correct?
    • gimruis
      I haven't fished that bay in years.  The times I did go in there I did pretty well though.  The entire bay is minimum wake so there tends to be less man-made waves than on other portions of the lake.
    • Wanderer
      I don’t know dude and I’m not going to debate it.  I’ve never used it and always came in from the lake side to Carson’s and there were always people there.     Besides a certain spot I know in that bay you now know most of what I know about it. 😉
    • gimruis
      That's not the issue.  I'm wondering where people park if they're using the Carson Bay access.
    • Hookmaster
      Marcum is located here:  3943 Quebec Ave N, New Hope, MN 55427 I've owned 3 Marcums for 15+ years, all flashers. Both LX3s had an issue and both were fixed and no issues since. I live close enough so I brought them to their location. One of the LX3s is one I bought off of Craig's list. The guy was selling it cheap because it had an issue. It had the same issue as my other one so I knew what the fix would be. I bought it and dropped it off at Marcum to get fixed. Basically an almost new flasher for about 40% cost of new.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.