• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

2020 Classic

Wanderer

Wanderer

Anyone following the live broadcast?

I’ve only been able to peek in on occasion but the live stream is pretty cool to watch.

Rooting for Seth Feider of course!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • I Like it 1

I've been following basstrack while studying at the library and live on breaks. I'm doing the fantasy league this year. Makes study breaks a little less boring on tournament weeks

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Wow, ❤ 1
gimruis

I follow it.  I don't usually watch the LIVE stuff but I check the results and basstrack (if its up to date).

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1
Wanderer

Feider in 11th when I started streaming a little bit ago.  Cherry started day 3 in first but has dropped to 4th already.  The only angler in the top 15 that hadn’t caught a fish yet per Mark or Tommy.

• Thanks 1
Wanderer

Literally in the time it took me to shower and brush my teeth, Cherry hits a flurry and makes the 5th and probably final lead change of the Classic.  Seth got to 5th but now 6th.

I’ll try to catch the end but I’m out to hang my wood duck box and check out the decoy show at the Falls Ballroom.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Official Fishing Report Team - MN
IceHawk

Anyone here how mullet man faired? 

Wanderer
28 minutes ago, IceHawk said:

Anyone here how mullet man faired? 

Pretty darn good!
FE342496-F2C9-4790-BE52-D0391156FD7D.thumb.png.38f5251311e4ee3470a0bf5323e12397.png

• Thanks 2
IceHawk

Sweet 👍 Looks like Cherry might of burned his fish out . 

• Yayyyy 1
Wanderer

No, Cherry won by over 6 lbs.  The totals in the screen shot don’t show day 3 weights but those are totals for the tournament and the final standings.

After I saw him limit I knew it was over.  Was 10+ lbs ahead of second and second had 4 fish.  I woulda taken MASSIVE upgrading to make up the difference.

• Thanks 1
IceHawk

Gotcha Thanks

• Thumbs Up 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• smalljaw
      By smalljaw
      After more than a year, thankfully we have been allowed to return to our Rainy Lake home.  Hopefully the travel bans will not be repeated.  Fall fishing is as good as it gets.  Walleye and bass are making their fall transition and are schooled up.  Find the right spot and let the party begin!  Thanks to Muskies for feeding my addiction while I was stuck in the U.S.  If you can get to Ontario, come now!

• Bryan P
      By Bryan P
      What a year it has been with this drought. The Mighty Mississippi isn't so mighty anymore but doesn't stop the smallmouth from eating. Got out for a nice evening float after work and found a few quality Bronzebacks. 

• Djsnej123456
      By Djsnej123456
      Was looking at doing some bass fishing on big marine. I saw on the map that little inlet on the far south side that goes into some super shallow water. I’m guessing it’s full of weeds or pads of some sort. Anyone bass fished tgat in the summer before. I would be doing it by canoe. Just seeing if it’s worth a shot.. Thanks 
    • AlanS
      By AlanS
      Hey all,

I am new here obviously, but I recently learned how many fish the DNR kill off every year with those surveys. I've never started a petition for anything before, but here's my attempt to get that to stop. https://www.change.org/KillingFishMN

This is not about the big lakes. To me it is the same as trying to manage deer by digging a pit in the woods to see what falls in and dies- Wisconsin pretty much gave it up and we should as well.

I know some DNR guy is going to get on here and say it is for consistent data, and that it only happens every few years on the smaller lakes. It should not happen at all. Every 10 years and the best fish in the lake might still be dead in that net, just to have a fancy survey. Heres what a survey should look like. https://dnr.wi.gov/lakes/lakepages/LakeDetail.aspx?wbic=967200

If there are already petitions and groups out there trying to change this I would like to get involved,

A
    • Djsnej123456
      By Djsnej123456
      Looking to head out kayak bass fishing with the gal here in the next couple weeks on lake independence. I have never been on the lake and would love some help to get her a few fish. Bass only. Thanks
    • gimruis
      By gimruis
      There is a proposal to angling in the form of catch and release for bass year round in the works.  This would be in addition to the current regulations that allow the limited harvest of both smb and lmb from late May until the season closes.  I know that Michigan and Wisconsin both allow the specific targeting of bass for catch and release purposes before their traditional opening date.  Michigan has done it for years, and Wisconsin just started it last year.

I'm not real positive that this will pass, as I think MN is about a decade behind Wisconsin when it comes to these kinds of changes.
    • Hookmaster
      By Hookmaster
      Just retired in December so I'll have a lot more time to fish. In addition to my normal walleye fishing I want to 1) learn to consistently find and catch/release larger sunfish and crappie after they spawn and 2) spend more time targeting bass, largemouth and smallmouth.
      I've been a longtime member here (2002) and will be posting more. I added info to my profile and "About me" section.
    • SergeantJas
      By SergeantJas
      I am new to ice fishing and the aitkin area.  I am wondering what is the best colors and even jigs for walleye and crappies in the aitkin area.   Its my 1st year of icexfishing.  I've always been into open water before.
    • lakesareaoutdoors
      By lakesareaoutdoors
      The bass are starting to put their feed bag on! Check out this video below. We were near Park Rapids.

• simonmichel
      By simonmichel
      Hi, I already use squarebill cranking and am looking for a good normal Crankbait. What is the best one?
  • Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• fishingstar
      I have two Labs that are 7 years a part. it took them less then a month to get a long. Now they are best buds.
    • SkunkedAgain
      ...and that was the worst team that they will play all season. It's a rough road ahead.
    • delcecchi
      Interesting.   Have to give the narrows more respect in the future...
    • delcecchi
      Ah the old un-named bay trick...  Got an end?   
    • pwencel
      We have 4 AKC GSP puppies left for sale that are ready for their new homes. Pedigrees Available. Great family dogs and hunting dogs. Born on 8/2/21. Call or text me for pictures or if you have any questions!.  320 808 4541
    • monstermoose78
      Finn is going to be 6 in October. Thanks the pup will be fun
    • maryjames9939
      someone provide me good information on vintage seiko watch..
    • smurfy
      👍i'll bet he is. how old is Finn??? when i brought my new lab home, my 13 year old sheltie was not a fan!!!!! with the energy that young pup had, the sheltie did a lot of hiding!!!!!🤣 its getting better!!!!!   have fun with the new pup!!!!!!!!!
    • monstermoose78
      Tomorrow is the day Hazel comes home!! I am super excited to have a second lab in the house. Finn is in for a surprise with puppy around. 
    • mtheis
      I just got back from staying up at Vermilion for a week, and I made a few notes:   The water temp was consistent at 66 degrees Monday through Saturday.  The weather was crazy wet or wildly windy, and I found my biggest walleyes (15-17's) were caught in my standard spots Monday through Wednesday.  Then a switch turned off, and I had to relocate and find new spots as my previous ones were dead for the rest of the week.  Never seen anything like that before.  After the lake calmed, and skies turned blue, I could only catch the 9-14 inchers.  The biggest I saved for fish fries, and I even scrapped up a limit to take home.   I used lead core, and I fished in water depths ranging from 20-25 ft.  I saw alot of HUGE balls of bait and tried to keep slightly above them.  I tried many different colors, and silver out produced everything and I couldn't buy a fish on my favorite color, fire tiger.  The lake appears to be less dirty this year for me.  With invasive species this may become the norm.    I found a bay that was absolutely stacked with fish.  I spent two days there, and no one was around to compete with me.  I loved it.  But it was too small for me to let out enough lead core so I tied a three way with a line counter reel and a 2 oz sinker with a 6ft leader.  That worked really well.  It came to me again, you do not need to invest in a lot of pricey equipment to get your lures down deep.  Those fish were again in 20-25 ft of water.  I hope this helps someone!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.