• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Connect, BE BRAVE - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

TURKEY CONTEST "Post Your Thoughts" - Leave YOUR mark, make each place you visit "a little better"! Post please......

HSO Turkey Contest - Sign-up by April 1st. - Click Here.

EMOJI those posts you 'appreciate, please...IF YOU WANT MORE LIKE IT HERE..'

Have Fun!!!

Grampa2

Anyone fish dog lake in Wright county?

Dan85

I fished Dog many years ago. All it had at the time were small crappies. But population seemed pretty good. Always caught fish. 

• Thanks 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• FatFishie
      By FatFishie
      2013 Ranger 1850

This is the cleanest 2013 multi sport fishing boat that you’ll find. Powered by a Yamaha 150 four stroke, this is a great performing boat. The interior, exterior, motor and trailer are in awesome condition. Features include:

Ranger Custom Trailer w/spare tire.
      Yamaha 150 four stroke.
      Minn Kota 80 Terrova trolling motor w/iPilot.
      Lowrance HDS 7 & HDS 5 depth/fish finders.
      Onboard 2 bank battery charger.
      Large Livewell.
      Bait Livewell.
      12+ rod locker.
      AM/FM/CD Stereo.
      4 swivel seats.
      2 flip on seat.
      Snap in carpet.
      Ranger custom travel cover.
      Swim ladder.
      Ski pylon.
      Removable bow cushions
      Built in cooler
      Interior LED courtesy lights
      Lots of storage

I’m sure there are things that I’ve missed in the above list of options. This is the perfect fishing boat, and can easily double as a family runabout for skiing, tubing and cruising around.

Boat is located in Detroit Lakes MN.  Please call or text for more information. 701-371-509nine

• MN BassFisher
      By MN BassFisher
      A group of high school buddies and some of their family make an Annual trip up to Baudette, MN to fish Walleyes on Lake of the Woods. I look forward to this trip each year! Since this is an Annual Trip we all put some money and bragging rights on the line for the Angler who can catch the biggest fish of the weekend, take home the Trophy, $400 Cash and call themselves "Mr. Walleye" for the next 365 days. Watch the first full day of fishing out of Ballards Resort and see 2 new PB's!

• JstanK
      By JstanK
      When will pools 2, 3, and 4 start producing the quality & quantity that fishing shows are made of?

Last Tuesday there was a decent number of rigs in the lot at 494. We messed around from shore and only managed wind bites. There wasn't a bunch of time or energy spent casting plastics & drowning worms,,,but it was sooooo nice to play with a long rod. With any luck the shore ice will be gone in a jiffy and then it's game on. Can't wait to stick a biggun and let her go. 

Good Luck & Be Safe!

• ErikLovesFishin
      By ErikLovesFishin
      Hi,
      We at Caribou Lures JIG-A-JO appreciate the countless support we’ve had for the past 37 years and would like to give back to you. We are giving away 3 JIG-A-JO tackle boxes on Friday, March 6th 2020.

Have a great day

• Dan Rud
      By Dan Rud
      www.Wausota.com 

please Call Owner Emery + Lyn Edwards
      for cabins Available in spring and summer and fall hunting great!!! Also fishing AWESOME 🎣

good Luck and be safe!!!

Dan

• MNAngler01
      By MNAngler01
      Has anyone ever fished Nina Moose? I’ve heard it has good fishing, the trip would be mostly walleye and smallmouth.
    • Empty Well
      By Empty Well
      Current Lake Pokegama Fishing Reports, Grand Rapids - Click Here.

I have been fishing walleyes on Pokegama for the past few summers with very little luck. Admittedly, I have not put much time in, but I plan to this summer. Can anyone provide any insights as to how to fish them, as well as where to fish them, both day and night? I notice that most posts highlight Winnie, Sugar, Split Hand etc., with little mention of Pokegama. Is it simply because it is very difficult to fish?
    • JJ87
      By JJ87
      My 4 yr old wants to try to catch his first walleye. We live across from Stillwater just a couple miles into WI. Prefer a WI lake within 30 min. I would Appreciate any guidance I can get. Hoping to get out next weekend. 
    • Paul Waldowski
      By Paul Waldowski
      Fishing Opener - Tired of sitting in traffic trying to escape the Cities? Looking for a shorter drive and less congestion?  We have you covered...  Enjoy your opener with us and have a hassle free weekend.

When you book 2 nights lodging in any cabin you will receive:
      Free launch access, boat dockage and dock electric
      Access to indoor pool and hot tub
      Friday
      6pm Welcome BBQ on Friday night- Brats, Hotdogs, Chips, Captain Ken’s Baked Beans, Pasta salad & Lemonade
      7:00 pm Fishing Lake Koronis Seminar by Capt. Josh Hagemeister of Minnesota Guide Service
      8:30pm Fishing LIES….I mean stories and smores around the campfire
      Saturday
      6am- 8am Continental breakfast in main lobby – Fruit-bread-pastries -cereal – Milk, juices-coffee
      3pm – 5pm Mom’s Break Time– Bugbee hive staff will have activities and movie time with the children.
      Sunday
      7am – 9am Mother’s day breakfast – Omelet station, Scrambled eggs, breakfast potatoes, Sausage links, Bacon, fruit, assorted bread, pastries, Milk, Juice and coffee

• slammer
      By slammer
      Just read the new regs for 2020 on Mille lacs.   Same as 2019.  Locals are not happy and I don’t blame them one bit.  It’s amazing that one agency can dictate the livleyhood and economy of so many people.  There should be some way to hold them accountable.  It is sad what has happened around the big lake.  Nowhere in the US has there been a debacle like this. 

Now I read that LOW has seen a tremendous increase in wheel house traffic this last December.  A combo of bad conditions on Red and the crazy regs on Mille lacs has moved a lot of the crowd up north and increased pressure there.  One resort reported almost 1000 wheelhouses in a weekend came through.   

So how does the DNR manage this?   They basically close down one of the largest lakes in the state and force people to go elsewhere creating pressure somewhere else.  Granted LOW can handle it for now  but what if you start seeing a decline?  Apply more regs and people move on to the next lake.?  See where I’m going with this?  I think they’re shifting pressure from lake to lake instead spreading it out statewide.  Who knows what’s next for regs.  A limited number of houses or boats on a lake at any given time?  A lottery system to see who gets to fish where and when?  Sounds crazy but I wouldn’t put it past them to implement something if things get bad

People are very mobile now and will travel to get to the popular destination.  I would support a 4 fish limit statewide and maybe close LOW earlier instead of the middle of April.  Just some thoughts..........
  • Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Wanderer
      I’m thankful for the posts on here also.  Some reflection time never hurts.  Thanks to you all for sharing!   I’m also thankful that I can still work even though it’s a HAVE to situation.  And in the big picture I’m thankful I can be a part of helping keep my community as safe as possible.  That’s probably the biggest stress reliever of all.
    • IceHawk
      Been doing a bunch of reading again lately and thought a topic on  Good outdoor reads  would be appropriate with the situation at hand.  Looking for some advise members favorite outdoor books they would suggest for a good read.  Ill get it rolling three of the ones I liked were MILLE LACS Thirty years on the Big Lake by Joe Fellegy Poachers Caught by chapman First Light on the Water by Al Ron Linder
    • IceHawk
      Saw 2 big Toms strutting with a group of 15 hens today. Still grouped up they should be starting to split here more and more in the days to come. Couple rain days and some sun will get some greenery going and fire them up ! Strut Zones will start to appear soon I hope 
    • IceHawk
      Cant even imagine the stories that old cabin could tell. I always love finding things like these. Found some neat old abandoned stuff up in Ely In BWCA years ago.  One of things that has always intrigued me are old broken down deer stands.  Always makes me wonder how many deer were shot or missed or who sat there years ago. One can only imagine some of the deer camp stories that were told from them! 
    • SkunkedAgain
      Unless travel becomes actually restricted, I will be heading up to Vermilion for opener as usual. Like Smurfy, I can and often do go up and back without touching a thing. I can tow up there on one tank of gas, unloaded without touching the dock, fish, be at cabin, and return all with zero interaction. I will have to stop for gas on the drive home but that's not a real issue.   I usually do try to frequent businesses up there to spread my dollars around and infuse "new" money into the local economy, but this will not be one of those times. I am looking forward to opener one way or the other.
    • PRO-V
      My wife and I practiced social distancing today and took a long drive through the northwoods. Spotted this old log cabin back in the brush.
    • tacklejunkie
      How long do you think it will be before they put the dock in at Rice Landing?   I’ll be heading up towards McQuade either tomorrow morning or Friday morning
    • eyeguy 54
      Nice to see a sap sucker today 
    • Jim Almquist
      Rice's is ice free but still some ice chunks out there in the bay so slow travel and keep your eyes peeled. Hate to put a hole in the boat this early in the season.
    • SkunkedAgain
      I'm thankful that I got out of New Jersey safely and virus free, right before the anvil dropped. I then visited my elderly parents in Wisconsin and am extremely thankful that I didn't have any viruses to pass on to them. I know some people that have already died from this thing and know of quite a few others that are on ventilators in NJ and NY.    I am also thankful for internet forums like this one, that keep my mind focused on other stuff! Thanks Rick.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.