• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Timberwolves New Era

Rick

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Minnesota sent Robert Covington and Jordan Bell to Houston, Keita Bates-Diop, Shabazz Napier to Denver and Andrew Wiggins plus a top 3 protected 1st round pick to Golden State.

Coming the Wolves way are DeAngelo Russell, Brooklyn’s lottery-protected 1st round pick, along with Evan Turner’s expiring contract, Malik Beasley, Juancho Hernangomez and Jarred Vanderbilt.

I like the trades. I'll give the T-Wolves a B+ here. 

D-Lo seems like a more natural basketball fit with Karl-Anthony Towns, aside from the fact that they appear to be best buds. I like Minnesota’s mini-makeover. Malik Beasley is a useful player, and they have some good spacing between him, Russell, and Towns.

However, if this is finally the team KAT wants, he’s gonna have to start producing some more wins.

I'll give em a few games to settle in and see what they do.

Glad Wiggins is out. Now KAT has a buddy to be disrespected with. ?  Does this buddy play defense by chance?

Would be kinda cool if the Wolves were loosing 182 to 201. The O/U could be pushing 400 in no time,,,how sweet!

• Yayyyy 1

8 hours ago, JstanK said:

Would be kinda cool if the Wolves were loosing 182 to 201. The O/U could be pushing 400 in no time,,,how sweet!

I think they are in range of that 201...  it's the 182 that they're still quite a ways from.?

I wonder if Russell is a bit of a low-watt bulb:  So Russell decides not to come to the wolves in the offseason.  Now he does come but wrings out of us 2 draft picks?

It's the equivalent of:

1.)  I get asked by you guys to join you fishing.

2.)  Before starting, I give your minnows/bucket out to some stranger before hopping in the boat...  "Let's Fish."  (It would seem even if I am a really good fisherman, I've probably decreased our chances of catching anything in the future...)

I don't think it quite worked that way. The two teams did a sign and trade. D-lo didn't have any say in the matter.

As for his defense...we will have to see.

When he signed with GS he did so under the thought of playing next to Steph Curry, Draymond Green, and under Kerr with the thought in a year Klay would be back.  GS signed him to bridge a gap and provide an asset to trade if it didn't go as planned.

• I Like it 1

• Official Fishing Report Team - MN

Man do they look good tonight fun to see some spark in  the team again. Maybe with any luck they figured out the solution chemistry  to winning and get back to the playoffs. Good to see Wiggins gone he just didn't have that spark you want to see. 

Edited by IceHawk
  • Thumbs Up 3

Heck of a win tonight wow impressive 26 three pointers. Man would of been fun to be at that game. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Wow, ❤ 1

They even played some defense. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Holy cow. 142-115 Wolves over the 3rd place clippers and D-Lo didn't even play.

Wow.

• Thumbs Up 1

Twolves playing the Raptors tonight at 6:30

I would like to see D-Lo utilized properly and carry the Timberwolves to the promise land ?. Came here for fish and ended up talking basketball

• Thumbs Up 2

Well admittingly I did not watch the whole game last night but I did watch the last 9 minutes and will say I was not impressed with Dlo and his lazy passes!  I do like the looks of the new squad compared to what we were continuing to roll out night in and night out!  I have said this before that I sure hope they compete and stay aggressive and fun to watch but I hope they don't do too much winning at this point as I would rather them get more of a chance to get a top pick in the draft since it is not projected to be a very deep draft.

• I Like it 1

1 hour ago, rcjoutdoors said:

I would like to see D-Lo utilized properly and carry the Timberwolves to the promise land ?. Came here for fish and ended up talking basketball

I love it. Welcome to FM. Looking forward to seeing more of you here.

• Thumbs Up 1

What happened last night???

What was the O/U 2hundred and what? Ain't that far off & I can't wait to place an over 400 bet,,,sweet! Remember when a team scoring 100 was like totally out of this world????  ?

Tough game last night having KAT out definitely didn't help there defense at all but they have to work on that for sure. Communication and player responseabilitys will slowly start to form  in time I hope. 

This group has to play together for a while. You could almost see them thinking too much about their assignments from the 3rd quarter on. That's death in the NBA.

It will take a while for them to instinctually do what is needed. Until they jell, expect a fair amount of losing.

This jelling process actually works out well for them. Losing keeps their odds up for a higher pick.

If Rosas has this right...we're going to see a different team next year.

Who are the top draft prospects? Sure seems like a weak draft to me. I don’t follow college basketball at all, but still know who the top 5 guys usually are. This year, I can’t name a single player!