• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Connect, BE BRAVE - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

TURKEY CONTEST "Post Your Thoughts" - Leave YOUR mark, make each place you visit "a little better"! Post please......

HSO Turkey Contest - Sign-up by April 1st. - Click Here.

EMOJI those posts you 'appreciate, please...IF YOU WANT MORE LIKE IT HERE..'

Have Fun!!!

Rick

Timberwolves New Era

Rick

Minnesota sent Robert Covington and Jordan Bell to Houston, Keita Bates-Diop, Shabazz Napier to Denver and Andrew Wiggins plus a top 3 protected 1st round pick to Golden State.

Coming the Wolves way are DeAngelo Russell, Brooklyn’s lottery-protected 1st round pick, along with Evan Turner’s expiring contract, Malik Beasley, Juancho Hernangomez and Jarred Vanderbilt.

Rick

I like the trades. I'll give the T-Wolves a B+ here. 

D-Lo seems like a more natural basketball fit with Karl-Anthony Towns, aside from the fact that they appear to be best buds. I like Minnesota’s mini-makeover. Malik Beasley is a useful player, and they have some good spacing between him, Russell, and Towns.

However, if this is finally the team KAT wants, he’s gonna have to start producing some more wins.

I'll give em a few games to settle in and see what they do.

JstanK

Glad Wiggins is out. Now KAT has a buddy to be disrespected with. 👍  Does this buddy play defense by chance?

Would be kinda cool if the Wolves were loosing 182 to 201. The O/U could be pushing 400 in no time,,,how sweet!

• Yayyyy 1

DonkeyHodey
8 hours ago, JstanK said:

Would be kinda cool if the Wolves were loosing 182 to 201. The O/U could be pushing 400 in no time,,,how sweet!

I think they are in range of that 201...  it's the 182 that they're still quite a ways from.🙄

I wonder if Russell is a bit of a low-watt bulb:  So Russell decides not to come to the wolves in the offseason.  Now he does come but wrings out of us 2 draft picks?

It's the equivalent of:

1.)  I get asked by you guys to join you fishing.

2.)  Before starting, I give your minnows/bucket out to some stranger before hopping in the boat...  "Let's Fish."  (It would seem even if I am a really good fisherman, I've probably decreased our chances of catching anything in the future...)

Rick

I don't think it quite worked that way. The two teams did a sign and trade. D-lo didn't have any say in the matter.

As for his defense...we will have to see.

ozzie

When he signed with GS he did so under the thought of playing next to Steph Curry, Draymond Green, and under Kerr with the thought in a year Klay would be back.  GS signed him to bridge a gap and provide an asset to trade if it didn't go as planned.

• I Like it 1

IceHawk

Man do they look good tonight fun to see some spark in  the team again. Maybe with any luck they figured out the solution chemistry  to winning and get back to the playoffs. Good to see Wiggins gone he just didn't have that spark you want to see. 

Edited by IceHawk
  • Thumbs Up 3

IceHawk

Heck of a win tonight wow impressive 26 three pointers. Man would of been fun to be at that game. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Wow, ❤ 1

Borch

They even played some defense. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Rick

Holy cow. 142-115 Wolves over the 3rd place clippers and D-Lo didn't even play.

Wow.

• Thumbs Up 1

Rick

Twolves playing the Raptors tonight at 6:30

rcjoutdoors

I would like to see D-Lo utilized properly and carry the Timberwolves to the promise land 😀. Came here for fish and ended up talking basketball

• Thumbs Up 2

ozzie

Well admittingly I did not watch the whole game last night but I did watch the last 9 minutes and will say I was not impressed with Dlo and his lazy passes!  I do like the looks of the new squad compared to what we were continuing to roll out night in and night out!  I have said this before that I sure hope they compete and stay aggressive and fun to watch but I hope they don't do too much winning at this point as I would rather them get more of a chance to get a top pick in the draft since it is not projected to be a very deep draft.

• I Like it 1

Rick
1 hour ago, rcjoutdoors said:

I would like to see D-Lo utilized properly and carry the Timberwolves to the promise land 😀. Came here for fish and ended up talking basketball

I love it. Welcome to FM. Looking forward to seeing more of you here.

• Thumbs Up 1

JstanK

What happened last night???

What was the O/U 2hundred and what? Ain't that far off & I can't wait to place an over 400 bet,,,sweet! Remember when a team scoring 100 was like totally out of this world???🤔  🙄

IceHawk

Tough game last night having KAT out definitely didn't help there defense at all but they have to work on that for sure. Communication and player responseabilitys will slowly start to form  in time I hope. 

Rick

This group has to play together for a while. You could almost see them thinking too much about their assignments from the 3rd quarter on. That's death in the NBA.

It will take a while for them to instinctually do what is needed. Until they jell, expect a fair amount of losing.

This jelling process actually works out well for them. Losing keeps their odds up for a higher pick.

If Rosas has this right...we're going to see a different team next year.

JBMasterAngler

Who are the top draft prospects? Sure seems like a weak draft to me. I don’t follow college basketball at all, but still know who the top 5 guys usually are. This year, I can’t name a single player!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• Mark Jurgensen
      By Mark Jurgensen
      Need to get out for a while.  Any fishing being done on Cedar Lake in New Prague.
    • fish_time
      By fish_time
      Have hope. I feel as fisher people we have hope. If we were not hopeful, we would not spend time fishing. Please check out our latest adventure and stay HOPEFUL. 
      https://youtu.be/MbIDtDvSnoQ
    • eyeguy 54
      By eyeguy 54
      gonna put this out there cuz it really is good. Lol. Cottage cheese. Ketchup. A little mayo. I have always hated cottage cheese straight but have been eating this since I was a kid. With wavy or regular potato chips. And I still love it!! Lol. I might have to try it sometime with a little bbq sauce. 🤪 

• eyeguy 54
      By eyeguy 54
      should be some new arrivals before long. Post pics 😁
    • PeachyHans
      By PeachyHans
      Hello fishingminnesota! Newbie here with an abundance of freetime thanks to the virus.
      For way too long I was too busy to get out. I have lost time to make up! It's early in the spring season but I'm dying to get out there and find some good fishing spots. I frequent trails around Eagle lake, Medicine lake, the parkway lakes (Harriet, Lake of the Isles, Bde Maka Ska, etc), and sometimes the coon rapids dam. I hope this is the year I finally hook my first catfish (that isn't a bullhead). Also looking into raising my own worms...
      I'm ambitious 😅
    • Rick
      By Rick
      During these changing times due to the pandemic and economic issues...
      Can you help others here by letting us know....

What are you grateful for?

It would be great if we could see what you are appreciative of everyday. Kind of a community journal. 

For inspiration and a time to reflect on the wonderful things that surround us during changing times.
    • Dan85
      By Dan85
      Well, with the extra time we have on our hands, I decided to do a little spring cleaning. I have 3 Antler mounts I don't plan to use anymore, I switched to the boil method. I will sell these for $20 or b/o each. $50 takes all 3. 

• eyeguy 54
      By eyeguy 54
      Haven’t smoked any for a while. 

• IceHawk
      By IceHawk
      Found a tackle box up on Lake Osakis this morning. It wasn't in any of the community spots or I wouldn't of found it with amount of guys up there. LOL!  Wow you would think the Caughren point area was the only place to catch and sight fish.They should of been there a week and a half ago when we found them fresh 😲   Glad I have better spots where social or should I say solo distancing was happening 😉 If anyone lost one out there off the beaten path I found it feel free to PM me with the contents and Ill get it back to you somehow. If nobody claims it I'll donate it to a kid (and No not you Smurfey 😂) to get him a good start into ice fishing some good stuff in there!  
    • Rick
      By Rick
      Good read:

https://www.conservativereview.com/news/horowitz-coronavirus-begin-us-matters/ 
  • Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• SkunkedAgain
      Unless travel becomes actually restricted, I will be heading up to Vermilion for opener as usual. Like Smurfy, I can and often do go up and back without touching a thing. I can tow up there on one tank of gas, unloaded without touching the dock, fish, be at cabin, and return all with zero interaction. I will have to stop for gas on the drive home but that's not a real issue.   I usually do try to frequent businesses up there to spread my dollars around and infuse "new" money into the local economy, but this will not be one of those times. I am looking forward to opener one way or the other.
    • PRO-V
      My wife and I practiced social distancing today and took a long drive through the northwoods. Spotted this old log cabin back in the brush.
    • tacklejunkie
      How long do you think it will be before they put the dock in at Rice Landing?   I’ll be heading up towards McQuade either tomorrow morning or Friday morning
    • eyeguy 54
      Nice to see a sap sucker today 
    • Jim Almquist
      Rice's is ice free but still some ice chunks out there in the bay so slow travel and keep your eyes peeled. Hate to put a hole in the boat this early in the season.
    • SkunkedAgain
      I'm thankful that I got out of New Jersey safely and virus free, right before the anvil dropped. I then visited my elderly parents in Wisconsin and am extremely thankful that I didn't have any viruses to pass on to them. I know some people that have already died from this thing and know of quite a few others that are on ventilators in NJ and NY.    I am also thankful for internet forums like this one, that keep my mind focused on other stuff! Thanks Rick.
    • Rick
      As good as any if the wind is somewhat blowing into it.
    • Mike89
      cool web site..  I enjoyed the sound part!!!  I see them around here...
    • jigginjim
      So far we can still go fish, but there are restrictions limited areas for walleye and pike fishing. As minnesota has closed seasons for our game fish, there is still panfish and catfishing to to be done. Although not many people fish cats as a food sores in this state I do feel many are missing out. I have even thought of trapping Crawfish, another species not gone after. Crawfish boils in Minnesota are not heard of, although there are crawfish that many did not know. I am doing taxidermy on fish and other critters that came in during the winter months. Soon I will be mounting up the bison head that came in. All before I start getting on the water for my fishing guide service. Our lakes are starting to break up in ice covering, just thinking three weeks ago, I was driving my pick-up and Ice Castle wheel house across and lake.  I look forward to getting on the water soon or even just dawning my chest waders and walking the shores.   I am amazed as the amount of aluminum cans along with other trash , I have picked up at public accesses. I started refilling my own 1lb propane, though they may only fill 2/3's the total amount, it's better than throwing them in the trash. I also refill my propane tanks through a filter system, which may cause for less gas going into the tanks which is fine with me.  Easier to carry a couple small tanks for early river float fishing.    
    • Borch
      Thanks for sharing your family adventure.  What a wonderful gift and I enjoy it every time.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.