• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

monstermoose78

Good Luck This Weekend!!

DonkeyHodey

I was hunting in Northern MN west of Bemidji. (210).

Saturday--Saw a good sized buck with a small rack saturday; wanted to take him, but he didn't give me the right shot.  (he just wagged his bum at me and wouldn't turned even a quartering view much less broadside...)

Took son out for his first time observing in the stand--We saw a spike (that was probably barely legal).  He was a beauty but not the right one to harvest.  He was 20 yds from me and unbothered/unfazed by grunting...   Son is now pumped to take gun safety next year and be ready to join the ranks next year!

I harvested a nice buck Sunday morning that was just having a gentle stroll down the path (I think he may have been the same nice buck with smaller rack from the day prior...--he'll be tasty and make a savoury stir-fry!)

(...and the family back at the house on Sat/Sun were observing lots of disinterested little sorority groups of baldies walking through and eating the plants without a seeming care for anything going on...)

My two cents:  None of the deer I obseved were behaving in the stereotypical "rut" like manner.   They were just sauntering care-free and seemingly oblivious...   I think we're still pre-rut...  Next weekend could get better (...or just colder and wetter, based on the forecasts.  Happy hunting, all.)

• Thumbs Up 2

jbell1981

Seen quite a few deer near Warroad but none taken by us. Most were tails or no shot opportunities. 

• Thumbs Up 1

leech~~
16 minutes ago, jbell1981 said:

Seen quite a few deer near Warroad but none taken by us. Most were tails or no shot opportunities. 

Well good that you saw some up on your new land.  Are you guys done for the year? 

• Thumbs Up 1

jbell1981
1 hour ago, leech~~ said:

Well good that you saw some up on your new land.  Are you guys done for the year? 

No, we'll spend another 4-6 days in the woods. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

eyeguy 54

getting anxious!!  lol   heading south wednesday to hunt till Sunday with the gang. 

116a.jpg

116b.jpg

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Like 1

monstermoose78

We still have not seen a deer in the stand. Cook county is low on deer according to the dnr. He normally stops in and checks are meat pole to see some big bucks. He saw me sit up so he came to chat. He said there is very few deer around. He also said if monstermoose78’s meat pole is empty it’s not good for everyone else 

• Haha 3

Wanderer

Good luck Royce!

Good chuckle Nick but I hope things turn around for you guys!

• Thumbs Up 2

leech~~
7 hours ago, CANOPY SAM said:

My youngest son filled his first deer tag with a nice, fat 9-pointer last night.  I'd repeatedly instructed him to not pull the trigger on any immature animals, or any does with young fawns.  Although this buck's rack is a bit small, his body is remarkably heavy.  Jacob made a good, clean shot. 

But, he did good right dad?  First tag as in ever or one of two tags?  If first Deer ever I think he did Great!  Nice Buck, love the dark antlers and the smile. 🙂

Edited by leech~~
  • Thumbs Up 1

LoonASea

No antlered deer seen by our group just a bit west of Duluth ,,,, Did get 2 antlerless deer to put some meat in the freezer but there were 10 in the group ,,, Not seeing much for rubs or scrapes but hoping this cold kicks in the rut here ,,, Lots of wolf tracks in our area 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

monstermoose78

Hunting party is down two now just just me and the old man. Brrrr it was chilly in the wind today. Still no deer seen on while hunting. Took a drive last night and only saw a handful on highway 61.

ANYFISH2

Hope your efforts pay off.

PRO-V

A buddy that hunts just a couple miles from me had a wolf approach him at 30 feet and had to fire a shot over him to scare him off.

Mike89

WOW!!  I might have aimed lower!!!!

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Thanks 1

protrapper

Shoot him down by the cabin next to power station?  

monstermoose78

Behind the cabin.

ANYFISH2

Good job papa Moose! Good luck to you now moose.

Wanderer

That was quick. 🙁

We may try and get out tomorrow morning, Isaacs game is at 4 pm.  Not sure how excited the kid(s) will be to start hunting in 5° weather.

School, work, and activities kinda make us weekend warriors.

PRO-V
18 hours ago, monstermoose78 said:

Finally the sound of a 30-06 close enough to know it was the old man! Followed by the the text big buck down. I should know when he says that it’s a little cutie that died. He is in the 160 pound class so he will be good eating. 

8B221D19-2643-46C6-A36A-BF0628080F1F.jpeg

That looks the twin of mine but we are 80 miles west of you.

IMG_2753.JPG

• Thumbs Up 2
  • l Love It 1

protrapper
12 hours ago, monstermoose78 said:

Behind the cabin.

Corn pile?😎

• Confused 1
  • Like 1

monstermoose78

No we don’t bait unlike some of the guides up there who do and try to toss others under the bus for it!! And Darren also stops in to check are meat pole. 

• Haha 1

leech~~
39 minutes ago, Wanderer said:

This just in from the woods.  SIL passed a dozen does/fawns/yearling bucks last weekend saying he was waiting for “nice” one.  We’re in a HC area.  His 3rd year hunting - anything.

377F0AE1-3832-440B-BE92-E8C415717718.jpeg.72ef3804f2801f55a99a153f6d7dfc9e.jpeg

Post a better rack shot when you-he gets a chance. 🙂

• Thumbs Up 1