• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

cat44

Anybody know if there is a pressure ridge/ice heave out in front of the Warroad Access? I know ice conditions will change throughout the coming weeks. Looking forward to getting after some pike.  The last few years there has been a pressure ridge there, last year it went from Springsteel over to Swift. And we've been up there plenty of times when there hasn't been one at all. Just curious to find out what conditions are like in that bay.

Thanks!

Hoey

Why not go out of Swift?  I nothing about the Warroad access, sorry.  

cat44

We have Hoey, but it's easier to go off the Warroad access to get to where we normally go.

• Thumbs Up 1

Ballyhoo

Rode the snowmobile trail from Rocky to Warroad and there is a heave in between them but closer to Rocky that runs n/ne.  I don't know how far south it goes, if it makes it all the way to shore or not.  Did not cross anything big near Warroad.

• Thumbs Up 1

cat44

Thanks Bally!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• seifjr
      I fished the SE corner of the lake for a couple hours Saturday evening 3-5 p.m.  Set up on top in 15' of water and caught 3 eyes between 3:30-4:15.  All three seemed to be from the same year class @ 15/16".  10" of really nice ice about a 1/2 mile offshore.  Fun evening!   
    • Mike Walerak
      I second that rumeye! I placed my order, took of fishing in South Dakota for the weekend, and had them in my mailbox when I returned!  I am typically not committed to any brand of lures but I just love the pain schemes on the moon jigs and the perch seem to like them too! 
    • jake125
      How's the eye bite been out there? I got out Saturday night and landed one bigger fish. Pretty slow otherwise. Didn't mark anything Sunday morning. Few permies out on the lake. There was 11'' of ice where I was but know for a fact it is not like that on the whole lake
    • jake125
      Be very careful. I know for a fact from a lake resident there was a heave and open water in the middle of the lake a week ago. Do not go exploring
    • papadarv
      On Coon Lake yesterday, drilled 25 - 30 holes on west side of Lexington bay. All holes at 8". Still 2 areas of open water (blue circle with red) (green line open last weekend so expect <2" ice) suggest not crossing the area. One < 17" walleye so he went back in.
    • ANYFISH2
      Made it out last night for the first time.  Hit Shamineau for the evening bite.  Fished 21 ft water, about 15 yrds out from the milfoil edge.  Fish marked regularly from 4:15 till 6:30.  7 fish caught and probably 10 misses, first time out give me break!  Most of the walleyes were small with 2 14" fish put in the bucket. Minnows under a bobber with a plain hook or a white jig caught all the fish and bites.  Nothing on spoons.  Ice conditions: we had a consistent 9" of very good ice on Shamineau.  Large houses are out on the far west side.   Lake Alex has fisherman on most of the community spots with four wheels being used.  On the east end ice is good ranging from 8 to a little of 11".   Have not been on Fish Trap, however, Action Dock Service has warned that there is an large open area on the west side of Big Island as of yesterday.   Please be aware that Alex, Shamineau and Crookneck have many aerators in use all around these lakes for shorline protection.  Be very aware of what is in front of you, especially at night.   Good luck.
    • iiccee63
      Ice was 12" every hole I drilled in the East and middle north parts of the lake. Fishing was terrible but, awesome. Very little snow on lake also. Banking your house almost impossible.🤔
    • CJH
      Fished a small west metro lake this afternoon.  Shallow was 6-7 inches, about 5 inches out in the middle, good solid ice.  This lake locked up early and didn't get messed up by wind or warm temps.  I drilled holes as I went just to keep checking the ice, since it was our first time out for the year.
    • Wanderer
      I stayed on the ice this afternoon and out of the woods.  I watched the sun fade with the last day of the ML season with mine in the truck at the access.   The darndest thing: the fishing was terrible.  Kept hoping I’d find em or it would pick up in the evening.  Neither really happened. 😔     Still, it’s been a good hunting year.  Thanks all of you that shared your season here!
    • monstermoose78
      I go bare hands