• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Moose's Report - Cambridge-Elk River-Foley-Milaca-Mora-Ogilvie Fishing Reports

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

Anyone make it out fishing today?

yep :) chilly but a great time

Sunday looks nice

• Thumbs Up 1

My big batteries came today it took a while but now I can try to keep up with Rick.

17E2788A-FF32-4C4E-8B37-4FD9FE36FB96.jpeg

we will see, he is a drilling maniac! lol   get together when?

I am going to blue lake Sunday. 

might not fish this weekend. mille lacs mon to wed

• Thumbs Up 1

For eye perch or pannies or tullies

Cut 45 holes through about 18 inches and only used a 1 bar out of 3 bars on the battery. 

• Thumbs Up 1

How were the fish biting on blue lake? I went up to cross lake in pine city. We caught plenty of crappies but size wasn't great. Which is unusual for up there. Went home with fish though.

Not good I struggled to get bites I still did ok but it was a slow bite. 6 crappies only one nice one. I will get photos up soon

Photo's from 1-7-2018

1-7-2018-1.jpg

1-7-2018-2.jpg

1-7-2018-3.jpg

1-7-2018-4.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Nice! At least you caught some fish. It's nice.to get out! Especially since it's not 15 below Anymore! 

• Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, Kelly Oman said:

Nice! At least you caught some fish. It's nice.to get out! Especially since it's not 15 below Anymore! 

That is what I thought but the lake was packed. I talked to a few groups and They did much worse than I.

• The title was changed to Moose's Report - Cambridge-Elk River-Foley-Milaca-Mora-Ogilvie Fishing Reports

I cut over 200 holes on blue yesterday and only caught some tiny crappies and perch. I fished lots of areas from 5 feet 24 feet of water. I fished for 6 hours with only two keeper sized fish caught. I was marking fish but they would not bite. I tried all my plastics and every color, wax worms, and euros. I up sized and down sized. That is three trips with the same results. Sorry guys the get together might be more bsing then catching this year.

• Thanks 1

I had the same experience on a small lake in Wright county yesterday. The barometer was all over the place yesterday. Tough bite.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, monstermoose78 said:

I cut over 200 holes on blue yesterday and only caught some tiny crappies and perch. I fished lots of areas from 5 feet 24 feet of water. I fished for 6 hours with only two keeper sized fish caught. I was marking fish but they would not bite. I tried all my plastics and every color, wax worms, and euros. I up sized and down sized. That is three trips with the same results. Sorry guys the get together might be more bsing then catching this year.

Moose, you always seem to put in the most effort to get fish located for GTGs.  I wouldn’t count you out yet.

Well I did mark enough so I think that is where we will start

Well the get together was just two of us. Tview and I, so i fished as did tview and was a rough bite. I caught 5 or 6 nice crappies but I had to really work them to bite. I got a few gills most around 6 inches. If i go out fishing today I will be headed to Ann lake up 47

Might head out to green lake later? Who is out fishing today?

Been out the  last few nights, on local lakes. George, Linwood, Martin and Green. Pretty sad - to say the least. Had fun with this Bass, but that was about all the action I had. Froze my butt, on Green the other night- propane tank on Buddy Heater kept freezing up. Caught 2 small perch before I gave up. May go out this afternoon- but will be taking wheeler !! By the way Mr. Bass was happy to get back in the water.:)IMG_20180129_164033050_BURST000_COVER.thumb.jpg.0213ed245169188df5fcadbaa55b7536.jpgIMG_20180129_164305252.thumb.jpg.3380e1994890d5dd7a13dca8b02b46f0.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Spent an evening on Long Lake ( off of 47 ) . Seems like the fishing pressure the last few years have caught up with the lake. First thing I noticed is that there weren't many houses or people fishing. Nice right ? Well there was a reason. I ended up catching a few small perch and two very small crappies. Although it may just be me !!!:(

8 hours ago, Rube said:

Spent an evening on Long Lake ( off of 47 ) . Seems like the fishing pressure the last few years have caught up with the lake. First thing I noticed is that there weren't many houses or people fishing. Nice right ? Well there was a reason. I ended up catching a few small perch and two very small crappies. Although it may just be me !!!:(

No it got hit hard but it is quick to come back

Well - Sometimes the fish are biting close to home, so I ended up on George. Better than the night before, some perch & very small crappies but nothing to take a picture of , and still no meal of fresh fish. Looks like the week ahead has some nice weather forecast, should be nice fishing.

My plans are to hit Ann lake this week

• Official Fishing Report Team - MN

Good luck moose definitely some nice Panfish in that system. Might have to make a run over there myself had some great days on that lake!

• Thumbs Up 1

Went fishing with a friend and we fished hard and caught 5 crappies. We mark them they just did not want to bite. We were fishing the deep basin fish. We tried big baits, small baits, micro baits, live bait, and plastics the fish did not show liking to any of them. I got one on a buck spoon with waxies and one off a 5 mm and a maki mino and my friend caught one on a rippin rap, 5 mm and euros, and on off a fat boy jig and a wax worm. 

The wing bolt on my auger sheared off yesterday. So I spent some time getting the bolt out. Then I was off looking for the strongest bolts I could find. The auger is good to go again. Seeing I have about 5000 holes drilled with it upgrading the bolts is worth it. There is a lot of ice this year and I am not having any issue powering through it with dcd985 and the clam plate. I am getting some of the ice chips out of the hole before busting through, but I did that with the lazer mag too. 

I think I am going to hit green lake after dark for some crappies with my father in law. 

• Thanks 1

Was on Green Thursday , fished from 3:30 to 8:30. Caught 3 nice crappies and some small perch. Funny thing the crappies were caught between 4 and 5. Not a bite after dark,  they  ( or something) was there but would not bite on anything I put in front of them. Caught the 3 in deep water with a frostee and minnow. Good Luck Moose.  I may try Little Elk this afternoon

Was on green Thurs night was able to find a few fish in 24ft between 4:30 and 7:00  bite was OK we ending up keeping about 10 nice eaters. heading back out today 

• Thumbs Up 1