• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Ya I went out for about two hours and didn't get any ether... Saw that someone was throwing some nice ones on shore at martins landing in isanti!!20160329_125844.jpgThe big one must of been around 4 or 5 pounds?

Never could understand the reasoning behind this..... Ricky and I came across the same smell near St. Cloud recently.

Can't fix stupid............

• Thumbs Up 2

I was talking too an old man at the river today and he told me that's what the DNR say to do with them? I've never heard that before  and wouldn't throw them on shore anyway.... Just throw em back!

• Thumbs Up 1

Just saw your post from Sunday Crappieking.Pretty cool you got the family out there and landed some fish together.

Good stuff.:)

• Thumbs Up 2

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

Regulatory Classification: It is a regulated invasive species (DNR), which means introduction into the wild is prohibited. Fish caught while angling may be returned to the same water body.

from the regs.  stinky fish on the shore is dumb. i dont kill em but if I did I would at least throw back into the water for something to eat thats in the water. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Killing fish and leaving them on the bank is wanton waste!! 

• Thumbs Up 3

Yes I have talked in depth to the dnr about this and u need to call them if u see people doin this. It makes me very very angry to see this happening. And Martins landing is where I see it happen all the time I guess I should have went there today maybe I would have caught them doin it. 

When I strated this post with the sucker pictures that's where I was getting them at. And also why I posted saying not to do that. I got into two heated arguments with people down there about throwing suckers back in after catching them. For some reason people believe it is illegal to put them back into the river. They are a native species here unlike carp which is invasive however if taken by Rod and reel you must return them to the water unless u are keeping them for personal use. Even if taken by spearing or by bow u cannot leave them on the bank to rot. U must dispose of them in a rightful manner. 

• Thumbs Up 4

Well I live about a mile from there and will be visiting it often, I will be keeping an eye out for that kind of stuff and definitely will say something to them  and call the DNR if I see it.

• Thumbs Up 4

11 hours ago, monstermoose78 said:

Killing fish and leaving them on the bank is wanton waste!! 

Exactly. Doesn't get much clearer then that, but I guess not.....

I wouldn't confront anyone doing this Nick (Fish-for-life), just call it in. Like I said you just can't fix stupid.

MN DNR Fishing Regs 2016 (Page 27 & 28) 

Illegal activities

What can’t I do when fishing?

• You can’t dispose of any rubbish (including parts of fish, fish guts or other animals), poisonous substances, fish line or chemicals harmful to aquatic life into public waters, onto ice, or onto lake and stream shores.

(eyeguy 54 quote)"from the regs.  stinky fish on the shore is dumb. i dont kill em but if I did I would at least throw back into the water for something to eat thats in the water." 

this one's for you eyeguy 54.........

• If you catch a fish and you don’t intend to use it for anything, you must return it immediately back into the water alive. You can’t purposely waste a fish by leaving it, or any usable portion of it, on the ice, on the bank, or by intentionally killing it and returning it back into the water. 

• Thumbs Up 2

simple works. :)  small hook with some crawler on it with a splitshot or 2. bigger weight if current. 

• Thumbs Up 3

I agree with eyeguy 54, just put enough weight on to get down to bottom. I throw up stream and let the current drag my line on bottom until it come's back down and let my pole sit on shore and wait for a bite. Or throw out and reel in slowly dragging across bottem.

• Thumbs Up 3

Nice glad to see they are hitting again there. I had my best luck on the other side of where u are at. And another spot farther down the bank through the woods. I have been hoping that they would be back in there soon. 

• Thumbs Up 1

The kids around there have been getting them the last couple of days. The bite has been better later in the day after 3 or so

• Thumbs Up 2

I switch to first shift next week so I will prob head that way this coming week. Give it a go. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Sounds good I am thinking possible Sunday not sure yet though. But for sure any nice afternoon next week I could be there around 330-4 anyday. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Sunday is looking like it could be a nice day, I could get out later in the afternoon. As for next week, I'll know my work schedule after the weekend.;)

• Thumbs Up 1

Thinking I might pass on Sunday after the cold front I don't think the redhorse will be there anymore might have to wait agin. Possibly gonna chase crappies instead or head to the Milaca area for more white suckers. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Got out for couple hours late this afternoon. The river was flowing pretty good and the wind gusts where kind of annoying, but got into a couple smaller ones and lost a nice one.

20160403_170013.jpg

• Thumbs Up 3

Fish for life was that you fishing off the concrete? I was fishing boat ramp side with two friends we needed up getting one tonight. I got 8 in the Milaca area earlier today but was very slow fishin. 

• Thumbs Up 2

OK cool Yeah I seen ya catch a few good to see kids out and involved

• Thumbs Up 1