• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Arnesens

Has anyone stayed out at Green Acres at Arnesons ?  I guess it is like a couple miles away.  So you drive in each morning.

But they book the room so I was just kind of curious if any one had tried that.  Is it a painful as it sounds?

• 2 weeks later...

going to be headed up to Arnesens the weekend of the 26th looking for the latest reports. Never heard of Green Acres do they have a website?

Green Acres is an overflow.  If they are booked solid or are holding the large cabins for large parties they will book you into Green Acres it is a couple miles away.  Your still booked with Arnesens it's just a satellite sleeping arrangement.  You use the same lodge,  transportation,  houses, guides,  ect.  I'll know more after the 25th.

Actually Vman we'll probably see you around the grounds we'll be up the 25th fishing the 26th and 27th.  I'll be the old guy with a Vexilar hat even though I use a Marcum.  Or my Lund hat I did buy a lund last year.  I can never make up my mind.

Edited by ZapBranigan
add more data

Yes it is. They do not plow a road out. I have seen Snowmobiles pulling portables. I am not sure what the policy is on that. I was just there a week ago.

If you want to fish that area and want to drive out you can try Dales fish house rentals right next store. They do plow roads to the same lake area. ( this is the old  Babblers)

• 2 weeks later...

was up Feb 26th through the 28th in a sleeper fishing 25 fow. Fishing to say the least was very very tough! 6 on Friday ,

6 Saturday and 7 Sunday morning. We only threw back 3. They are limited by the crack that opened up but the service is still top notch. I talked to friends while we were up there who were fishing off Long Point and off Pine Island somewhere not sure how far out and they did about as good as we did. 90% of the fish we did catch came on a stop sign with the bloodline design on it. Just barely twitch is an inch or 2 off bottom seem to work the best. Only a couple typical raps most was you could just feel weight when you went to twitch the spoon. Didn't seem to want anything to do with rattle spoons at all and dead sticks were just that dead.