• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

talked with a fellow union brother. said he was out on a lake in the Richmond area and found 14 inches of ice. he did OK with crappies  and added a bonus eye but took all day to do it.

• Thumbs Up 4

Thank you Borch for your generousity , I hope everyone appreciates what you are doing and that we have some awesome photos to look at. Once again Thank You.

Mike

• Thumbs Up 1

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Looks like you need two vexilars or maybe she needs one... ;)

• Thumbs Up 2

A crystal clear example of: The way to a woman's heart is through shared electronics. She's a keeper.

• Thumbs Up 1

Tried a new lake today, fished in 25 feet off a 30 foot hole had fish under me the whole time and only had one bite.  Wish I would have brought the camera out to see what they were. 

One small lake had 10" of ice but then I was surprised to find 13 inches of ice about 4 miles Away. 

image.jpeg

Edited by Naturboy
Wrong fish
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders
12 hours ago, LucasMN said:

I like to take my girlfriend out a couple times a year, she likes catching fish but doesn't want to go all the time because it's cold and sometimes you get skunked. I bought a Vexilar in the fall and it's been great this year.

Here is a picture from last weekend. Look long and hard at it. Now look at it again. Notice that I took the picture, then look at who gets to use the Vexilar. Yes, that's right...not me. She is the chief of the shelter and proclaimed that, "It's hers". She then proceeded to out fish me by a large margin.

I decided she's staying home this weekend. :P

fish.jpg

IMG_20160101_165131.jpg

could drill a hole where the minnows are for the vex. :)  then maybe, just maybe you could give her some competition. ;)

• Thumbs Up 1

If I play with the vex I can pick up both jigs some times. Drilling a hole in the middle would be fine with another guy but unfortunately she is not very coordinated and I can forsee a boot in the hole. Lol. 

Per her wishes I can't post her face. But she did catch the biggest of the day on her rod which she named "big red". She was grinning ear to ear. No idea what her jig is called, all I know is that it was the 'cutest' one she could find. Her words of course. 

IMG_20160121_205124.jpg

Edited by LucasMN
  • Thumbs Up 3

You could drill a smaller hole which would cut down on the chance of anybodys foot entering it it , Just sayin !!!

Great pics and looks like you and her now have something you both enjoy and can share together. She is a keeper !!!

Stay safe and fish well !!!

• Thumbs Up 2

Made it out with Barefoot last Thursday, Hit the chain early to see if we could pick up a bite at sunrise.

Marked a good number of fish in around 38 FOW and set up with a goal of picking up a few eyes and/or crappies. 

We fished them hard and found a little bit of interest but they just weren't seeming to be real hungry. We eventually were able to pull up a few fish. We ended up seeing one small eye. a small perch, and two small crappies. I had a good size kitty(3lb?) snap the line just at the top of the hole. Would have been my first chain kitty. better luck next time I suppose. Always nice to get out and explore new waters even if you don't get a meal of fish to take home. Gotta stay after it.

Saturday I met up with borch in the late morning hours out west of Richmond in search of sunfish and crappies and maybe a wayward pike. The wind was pretty tough but we fought the cold to keep moving in search of a decent school. Pressure was pretty high but we found a decent spot to do some exploring. I set a flag in 14 FOW tipped with a large sucker hoping to hit a nice pike and proceeded to chase marks in 18-20 with the jigging rig.

I was able to finally get one to bite and I was pretty excited to see a good size sunfish when I got it on the ice. We had a couple circles of holes open to try and follow them around but I wasn't able to hit them like I was hoping in the holes I was working only pulling up another keeper and one other small one. After an hour or so I decided to move over towards where he had moved to as he had clued me in to a bit of success he had found a hundred yards away or so. I found a number of marks in about 23 and finally was able to set up my shack as the wind had calmed. I was probably 20 yards from him and we were both seeing them come through pretty consistently but I just couldn't get them to bite. He was picking up a few here and there on plastics and was able to ice a mixed dozen of sunfish and crappies throughout the remainder of the afternoon.

Apparently live bait isn't what it one was. i think I'm going to have to invest on some plastics. We had a great time though, my lady even came out in the afternoon and proceeded to out-fish me and although she didn't actually catch one she at least got to see her cork sink pretty hard a couple times throughout the afternoon. 

Overall a great week of fishing. Best of luck out there.

Monday is the last day to qualify for a chance of winning the plastics and jigs.  Posts your reports in the St Cloud Reports and pics in here before midnight.

I had a couple of hours to get out this afternoon on Pearl and found 14" of ice. Lots of gills and a few small crappie to keep me busy and lost a buckshot to a northern. Fished in about 11' of water away from the crowd. Believe it or not I had more fun than sitting in a house full of inlaws. Biggest bluegills were running about 7.5". 

image.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 1

Do the fish have to be from the St Cloud area?

Went fishing on Beaver Lake yesterday in St. Paul. Caught a lonely pike in 12 feet of water on a sucker minnow set 8 feet down. At least I wasn't skunked.

PikeJanuary282018.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

Nope.  You're good GeluNumber1.

• Thumbs Up 1

Naturboy was the winner for the posted picture.

Lucas MN was the winner for the St Cloud Fishing Report. 

PM me you addresses and I'll get the jigs and plastics off in the mail to you.

Thanks to all that participated.

• Thumbs Up 2