• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Is it worth the gas to run to Soldiers Point or Northwest Point or Stoney Point?  Yes and no and for reasons you might not have thought about...Johnnie Candle and I talk about that on this NCOR Podcast

Please excuse the quality on the phone connection. It was a 'live from the lake' deal and some of it is a bit tough...Great info though.

You can run to Knight, Bridges Garden, or further yet to Oak Island, Soldiers Point, NW Point.....But should you?  Is the potential worth the investment?  Thats the topic of the weekender on this NCOR Podcast

Does the color of your jig or spinner or crank bait make a difference?...some days it make a BIG difference, somedays not so much.

Joe Henry talks about that on this NCOR Podcast

Edited by curt quesnell

I can now spend those nice summer evenings outside thanks to my Clam Screen Tent.  I want everyone to know about it so I am giving one away on the NCOR podcasts this summer.  Listen to this show for details

Summer pattern is steady time of the year, the fish dont move around too much and weather doesnt bother things either.  But these are different spots than you can fish in the spring....Johnnie Candle talks about these steady summer locales and how much he likes them.... on this NCOR Podcast

The fish are starting to move to summer hot spots.....follow em out there for great, steady fishing all summer.  Get some details right here on this NCOR Podcast

Fishing is good and, if the weather holds, the weekend should be memorable.  Here are a couple of last minute reminders so you dont waste a bunch of time sitting on the wrong spots.

NW Angle, MTT this week on LOW and the cool people you meet along the way...on this NCOR Podcast

Even when the family grows up and spreads out a week a the lake brings em all back together for some important times.

My friend (and Radio Partner) Dave Halvorson just got back from a week at a LOW Resort and he is still smilin'

Johnnie Candle is fishing smaller local tournaments this summer and just came back from Lake Osakis and talks about fishing tournaments against the "locals" (it is not an easy task). Then we swing into summer pattern walleyes where ever you fish

The big boats fish every day....where are they fishing this week. Paul Johnson shares on this NCOR Podcast

https://soundcloud.com/ncor/ncor-6-29-joe-henry

Joe Henry fished the MTT events Fri and Sat on LOW. Things were going along just fine, the weather was beautiful and winds were light right up until an hour from weigh in on Saturday...then things began to change.  Joe talks about how great the fishing was and how interesting the trip back to port was...

https://soundcloud.com/ncor/ncor-6-30-summer-changes

Sorry this didn't get up here yesterday. I was gone for the day and could not get online in the wild outdoors..
The season is changing on LOW, catch more fish by staying out in front of it all. Details on this NCOR Podcast

https://soundcloud.com/ncor/ncor-7-2-4th-weekend-set-up
35 years ago Al Lindner told us how and where to catch fish on the 4th of July on the Facts Of Fishing TV show, remember that? Sadly I have forgotten the specifics...This NCOR podcast does the same thing if your plan is to fish LOW this weekend.....

https://soundcloud.com/ncor/ncor-7-6-joe-henry

Trolling gets to be a real important tactic to have at your disposal in mid summer on LOW.

Joe Henry from LOW Tourism talks about how easy and inexpensive you can get into this

part of the game.

Get the skinny on this NCOR Podcast

https://soundcloud.com/ncor/ncor-7-7-report-from-saturday

I took my own advice and got up real early on Saturday to go big fish hunting on reef tops before anyone else go there.

I have a little more fine tuning to do but the best of the season for this method is still to come...

Listen to this NCOR podcast for the story

More good information from Nick Painovich from Zippel Bay Resort.  We have him live from his charter boat on the water....on this NCOR Podcast

Here is help in making your game plan for the weekend.  If you are fishing the Streiffs this weekend...GOOD LUCK!

https://soundcloud.com/ncor/ncor-7-13-joe-henry

It gets busy in July and August...social events and fishing events fill every weekend. Joe Henry from LOW Tourism is in the thick of it and that is what we talk about on this NCOR Podcast....BTW big fish were going crazy this weekend

Where is that summer pattern?  Fish seem to be biting all over and still snapping in the spring and early season shallow spots. It is good news for all of us... Johnnie Candle and I talk about that on this NCOR podcast

If you can get away from the hub bub to fish a little, listen to this NCOR Podcast before you go. I can get you going in the right direction

Joe Henry on the show today talking about I-Cast and great summer fishing on LOW

Long time LOW guide and resort owner Nick Painovich gets real excited when the wind blows off shore at Zippel Bay....Here's why

Making the big runs north of Garden Island, are they worth it.  On a day with a little wind it can be but you pay the price on the way up and back.  If it is calm.....it wont be very fast up there....Paul Johnson from River Bends Resorts talks about that on this NCOR podcast