• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Muskeg Bay report

Four of us fished all day in 16 feet of mud on Muskeg Bay. Aside from the obligatory eelpout and a few perch we were able to pluck out 5 keeper walleyes. I lost a big one at the ice right off the bat, which is more or less par for the course.<P>We measured 17 inches of ice where we were fishing, and where the Bombardier was brave enough to drive out to. There were a number of nasty looking pressure ridges and most folks seemed to be bunched up in about the same area.<P>I'm going to freelance with my portable tomorrow and see if I can find something a little deeper. I'd be happy to hear any up-to-the minute reports from this end (Warroad) of the lake that might help in the next couple of days.<P>Take care,<P>Brad

Report Day 2:<P>Today I dragged my otter sled out in the direction of 5 mile. I fished at 14, 19, and 21 feet and made it half the distance from shore to 5 mile. I caught fish at 21 feet, mostly small walleyes. A jig spoon with just a small portion of minow did the trick. The ice there was 11 inches.<P>Tomorrow I may try to hike the whole distance to 5 mile. It depends on the wind.<P>Brad

Report Day 3:<P>As you may know, it was a bit brisk today. Not the sort of day you'd want to pull a sled 4 miles, then back against the wind. So I stayed in and fished the spots that Tom and Harv provided.<P>We fished in 19 and 20 feet of water and caught a few walleyes. Nothing out of the ordinary, no unique tactics. The fish were light biters for the most part, and they held tight to the bottom.<P>Back home tomorrow. Thus I end my reports from Muskeg Bay.<P>Brad