• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Gov Dayton

BuckSutherland

Dayton skipping the gubernatorial debates at both the state fair and Farmfest? Huh.

What's he afraid of?

Did you two have a date to attend the Zionist rally?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LMITOUT

• delcecchi

• Big Dave2

• swamptiger

• 1 month later...

Quote:
WHAT’S DAYTON AFRAID OF?

September 5, 2014

Dayton Refuses to Participate in Statewide Televised Debates on KSTP, WCCO

GOLDEN VALLEY—Background: Governor Mark Dayton has officially informed both KSTP-TV and WCCO-TV that he will not participate in statewide televised debates on their stations with Jeff Johnson. KSTP offered to host a live debate in primetime on Tuesday, October 21, from 7-8 p.m. Johnson will debate; Dayton refused. WCCO offered to host a live debate on Sunday, October 26, from 10-11 a.m. Johnson will debate; Dayton refused.

Johnson for Governor senior advisor, Gregg Peppin, issued the following statement today in response to Dayton refusing to participate in these two statewide televised debates:

“Mark Dayton turned these two televised debates down because he and his handlers are afraid of what Minnesotans will quickly realize when they see Dayton and Jeff sitting next to each other debating the issues on live television: That Jeff Johnson will be a far better governor.

It should be crystal clear to everyone now that the Dayton campaign is employing a ‘Summit Avenue’ strategy to try to get him re-elected: Keep Dayton inside the Governor’s Mansion and away from Minnesotans, hide behind false attack ads funded by Dayton’s family and the special interest groups he’s used the Office of Governor to pay back, and appear on stage with Jeff as little and in front of as few voters as possible.

Minnesotans deserve more respect from the leader of our state. But it appears the only way Minnesotans will get the respect they deserve from their governor is to fire Mark Dayton and replace him with Jeff Johnson.”

Officials pull plug on high-speed cable for governor's mansion amid cost questions

Business Curtis Gilbert · St. Paul, Minn. · Sep 5, 2014

State officials have shelved plans to build a fiber-optic line connecting the governor's residence to the Minnesota History Center. The move came after MPR News raised questions about the project's purpose and its $261,000 cost.

"We are reexamining the best solutions for establishing secure communications between the Capitol complex and the residence as we determine how to best support security efforts," said Curt Yoakum, spokesman for the Minnesota Department of Administration.

Asked what spurred the reexamination, Yoakum replied, "ensuring the most cost-effective solution to meet long-term needs."

Documents show the project had been in the works since last year. In October, the Department of Administration opened the bidding process for burying the two-mile-long line — the project's most expensive part. In January, it awarded the contract to TD&I Cable Maintenance of Lakeland, Minn. The company's $213,000 bid was the lowest of the four submitted.

On Aug. 20, the St. Paul City Council approved the proposal to bury the cable beneath Summit Avenue. One week later — nine days after MPR News first contacted the Administration Department to ask about the cable's purpose and cost — the state put the project on hold.

"Maybe they didn't do their due diligence on what the payback and the alternatives were, and they were afraid of somebody asking them those questions," said Gary Elert, president of the technology consulting firm Elert & Associates, which performed design and engineering work on the project.

TD&I will likely receive partial payment to reimburse it for document preparation and meeting time, Yoakum said. The company declined to comment. Elert said he wasn't sure whether his company had received any money for its work on the project yet, but he expected the state to honor the $35,400 contract.

The project's purpose remains unclear.

King dayton wants tax payers to foot the $216,000.00 bill for high speed internet connection to the mansion...

It was all good to go until some pesky reporters had to start asking questions. blush

Although we are still out 35K..

Don't you wish you had a bottomless pit of taxpayer money to throw around like gov. dayton ?

http://www.mprnews.org/story/2014/09/05/fiber-optic-project

In fairness to this situation, it most likely not just internet but rather secure communications to the state. "We are reexamining the best solutions for establishing secure communications between the Capitol complex and the residence as we determine how to best support security efforts,"

I will say there are other secure solutions out there than digging a site to site fiber run. And yes that is very costly to dig and lay cable that far for a single line like that. There are other more cost effective solutions to deploy secure network connectivity.

I undestand there may b alternatives but if there was an open billing period and they accepted the lowest bid, whats in question, that they did not go door to door begging for more bid requests, maybe it cant b done cheaper.

Just because that can't be done cheaper doesn't mean it is the end all solution. I work with those kind of connections all the time. There are alternatives that will work and cost waaaaayyyyyy less than than.

Been a while since I was involved in znything like that but what is the state of Minnesota doing that is so secret that strong encryption isn't enough and a dedicated fibre line is needed?

Methinks someone is blowing smoke up the taxpayers orifice.

There are things such as dedicated lines. I am not talking VPN or the likes. But even then AES 256 encryption is deemed uncrackable. Rare, very rare are sites connected by fiber like is being suggested. Communication companies have buried or over head fiber that can be connected and used to create dedicated lines. The communications between the gov mansion is not going to be really any different than it would be from state office to state office.

You are so off base upnorth.

Dedicated line is the safest and is very common

Lots of road ditch's have between 5-15 different fiber lines.

There are more ways than just running ones own fiber to create a dedicated line. Just cuz there are more than 1 pair of fiber in a casing doesn't mean they are intermingled. Are you referring to MPLS? That is an entirely different technology. There are more than just one or two ways to create WAN links.

Quote:
Been a while since I was involved in znything like that but what is the state of Minnesota doing that is so secret that strong encryption isn't enough and a dedicated fibre line is needed?

Methinks someone is blowing smoke up the taxpayers orifice.

Communications between the governor's office and the History Center are highly sensitive, and need to be protected from the NSA.

Of course he wont participate as he and his staff both know it would be an epic failure on his part.Give me ten minutes of a televised debate with him and I could show you exactly what he is all about.It wouldnt be difficult at all to make him look like a fool and bring out that temper tantrum meltdown you know he has just festering inside him for everyone to see on live tv

I undestand there may b alternatives but if there was an open billing period and they accepted the lowest bid, whats in question, that they did not go door to door begging for more bid requests, maybe it cant b done cheaper.

gov. dayton only cancelled the project after MPR News raised questions about the project's purpose and its $261,000 cost.

If it is soo G.D. important then why not explain the need and therefor justify the cost ??

Incurious people lead to un-informed voters.... smirk

I am sure hd would have explained it but if a reporter is already attacking about cost, is there any explanation that would have been good enough for you?

No, that is saying if we don't say anything they will not reason to change their poor spending habits.

But I am not sure I have heard them say that about themselves, but also not sure that they haven't.

Wow - if I were Jeff Johnson's campaign manager I think I would just start buying 8:25 ad spots and running that...

If the media would do their job he wouldn't have to.

Unfit to govern.

(Skip ahead to 1:40)

OMG !

Babbling i d i o t. crazy

One can see clearly why dayton refuses to debate McFadden in prime time.