• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Gov Dayton

BuckSutherland

I just happened to turn the WCCO 4 news on at 5 oclock and they had a live interview with the governor. Just wondering if anyone would be able to find that interview and post it up here. The gov was talking about medical pot, and I am still trying to figure out what he was saying. It seemed like he was very far off into space. It should be part of public service that everyone has to watch that interview before the next election. MN continues to be the laughing stock of electing politicians.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LMITOUT

• delcecchi

• Big Dave2

• swamptiger

I just watched it on CCO's website. I don't know if Dayton is a drinking man or not, but he sounded like a guy that just spent a few hours on a barstool. Heck I guess I would sound like that too just so I could get a good nap in to get up for fishing at midnight.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

I just happened to turn the WCCO 4 news on at 5 oclock and they had a live interview with the governor. Just wondering if anyone would be able to find that interview and post it up here. The gov was talking about medical pot, and I am still trying to figure out what he was saying. It seemed like he was very far off into space. It should be part of public service that everyone has to watch that interview before the next election. MN continues to be the laughing stock of electing politicians.

He was just trying to make sense to his user voters! Was he up at Gull already? Maybe he's already thrown a few down to start the Fishing opener! wink

I think all you wise guys oughta cool it with the snide Dayton comments. If you look back you will find he has backed sportsmen and the DNR people at most opportunities and he stood tall on a couple of things that benefited outdoors people.

I don't mind if he's a little different....he does things that I believe in and that is what SHOULD matter.

I think all you wise guys oughta cool it with the snide Dayton comments. If you look back you will find he has backed sportsmen and the DNR people at most opportunities and he stood tall on a couple of things that benefited outdoors people.

I don't mind if he's a little different....he does things that I believe in and that is what SHOULD matter.

NO THANKS.

I will throw my support to Marty Siefert.

He is terrible.When he was lucid in his earlier days he was hard to understand but now it is just pitiful listening to him. And seriously, how long does it take to recover from hip replacement surgery? He may very well be using medicinal mary jane or possibly crack.

This.

Actions speak louder than words.

Quote:
He may very well be using medicinal mary jane or possibly crack.

That's alright, as long as you don't inhale..

If you look back you will find he has backed sportsmen and the DNR people at most opportunities and he stood tall on a couple of things that benefited outdoors people.

He didn't do anything but mindlessly sign whatever was put in front of him as we have seen the past couple of years. Mentally he's checked out and just does what people (Alida and the Unions) tell him to do.

Only in MN do the people elect a trust fund baby who stated himself that he failed as a US Senator and has shown no leadership whatsoever in his years of "service". I think most realized that Marky really needed to be institutionalized years ago but instead is now just a mindless puppet for ABM and the unions.

It's sad that you would support the abuse and the manipulation of the mentally ill, Ufatz.

full-593-45544-e62ffe79bdeb5f3b3ac7f3088

The worst part is he is rather on the normal side compared to Mr. Franken. I can tolerate Dayton to a point and can appreciate that he can step away from party lines on occasion. Show me one Al Franken interview that makes sense...

The worst part is he is rather on the normal side compared to Mr. Franken. I can tolerate Dayton to a point and can appreciate that he can step away from party lines on occasion. Show me one Al Franken interview that makes sense...
So true.

I have my problems with Franken too. But how is him having as sense of humor an embarrassment?

Be Thankful, Peasants

Written by Mitch Berg on 09 May 2014.

Two billion in new taxes.

A 1.2 billion dollar surplus (thanks, GOP majority from 2011-2012!), which means “unexpected” money collected in taxes, and is money that is lost from the economy.

That’s a total of $3.2 billion extra dollars sucked out of the Minnesota economy – about $600 for every man, woman and child in the state, or close to $1,000 for every taxpayer.

And we’re supposed to be thankful that the DFL majority deigns to “give” us $550 million “back”.

That’s about 17 cents on the dollar.

If you gave your cashier a $20 bill for a $15 meal, and you got 85 cents in change, I’m going to guess you wouldn’t be “thankful”…

Still say you boys should be taking it little easier on our "strange" governor;look at what his record has been on the issues that SHOULD matter most to people who post here.

If he is doing the things outdoor people endorse then maybe you could cut him some slack for being less than articulate.

I used to just roll my eyes during the Bush Administration when Mr. Bush and Mr. Cheney would be busy gutting environmental programs left and right, allowing some polluters to run amok and all the while this is going on most of the people who post here were RAVING about how wonderful their "war president was.

Surely some of you guys are/were aware of that. The budgets for EPA, BLM and F&W were hacked and chiseled away and it is taking a long time to get them back into shape.

So called "outdoors people" thought Bush was the greatest and he was doing all he could to make some of those agencies virtually powerless.

My guess is our new President Clinton will come down on the side of resources and keep on repairing the damaged programs.

Quote:
My guess is our new President Clinton will come down on the side of resources and keep on repairing the damaged programs.

Most of those "damaged" programs should just be abolished.

I used to just roll my eyes during the Bush Administration when Mr. Bush and Mr. Cheney would be busy gutting environmental programs left and right, allowing some polluters to run amok

Please share some examples of this so called "Gutting" you speak of.

I'm curious to see what you consider "Gutting" left and right. confused

Mike

Still say you boys should be taking it little easier on our "strange" governor;look at what his record has been on the issues that SHOULD matter most to people who post here.

He has done nothing but made it more expensive to live in this state and followed the Obamacare template to a failed health care system. I'm not sure why anyone would vote for someone like Dayton who didn't even blink (oh wait...does he ever blink?) when signing the $2.4B in tax increases last year. It was easy for him though...his pile of money is tucked away and sheltered out of state. How convenient.

Must be nice to be a trust fund baby. All hail King Dayton.

The Bush administration mastered the art of "bait and switch"...saying one thing while doing another; boasting about environmental policies while quietly gutting and redirecting programs. My guess is 90% of people do not understand how this works and the damage that was done. Obviously I do not have time to list the many instances. But let me toss out a few things and you guys can go look them up.

Bush proclaims strong environmental support-then a few months last does the opposite and who knows? Industry sues to overturn an EPA regulation and the Justice Dept. puts up only feeble defense.

In one year President Bush cut $500 million from EPA; $40 million from BLM; $112 million from U.S. Forest Service; $35 million from Bureau Reclamation. This is in ONE YEAR.

Oil and coal regulations were written, behind closed doors with the aid of industry representatives.

Here's a timely one: The BLM saw dozens of people reassigned to jobs that took away any power they had. An example: several were moved out of theier jobs because they wanted to move cattle and off-road vehicles off sensitive public lands. Bush grabbed headlines by pledging he would not pursue ofshore drilling in Artic Wildlife Refuge....then quietly reversed himself and became a strong booster. He also wanted to drill offshore Florida and only halted that when his BROTHER complained. Bush tried to get oil and gas drilling started in Montana's Lewis and Clark NATIONAL FOREST1 He cut in HALF the number of Superfund waste clean up sites. Bush flagrantly abandoned his Presidential powers under Endangered Species Act and cut protections for fish and fisheries habitat in half a dozen western states. Bush promised $100 million a year to rain forest conservation and then budgeted for none:not a dime. HE boasted of his effort to get $4.9 billion for national parks but didn't bother to point out that most of it was for roads and other construction projects, not for any research or habitat protection

I could go on for pages like this fellas. I believe you will find a terrible record of deception and closed door dealings in the past administration. It goes on and on and some of the meddling got way down into the ranks of plain old work a day federal employees trying to do their jobs.

But then, what can we have expected from a man who described the EPA as "the department of sticks and berries."

Oh, by the way, some of the information above was gleaned from conservation and environmental magazines; the rest just came from memory of those terrible days and how people I knew were jerked around to the point of resigning.

So take it for what it's worth....and keep in mind; this is just scratching the surface.

That is all.

OK ufatz, what has he (dayton aka marky mark) done wonderful glorious?

So take it for what it's worth....

Knowing how you like to twist and contort the truth, your comments are likely worth very little.

bush-button-barry.jpg

Quote:
Bush flagrantly abandoned his Presidential powers under Endangered Species Act and cut protections for fish and fisheries habitat in half a dozen western states.

He obviously didn't give up on the turtles when he should have.

And the federal government controls way too much land in the western states anyway. Some of that worthless wasteland could be put to productive use in private hands.

How does a topic about your pill popping governor turn into it being all Bush's fault? Of course Dayton slurs his speech. You would to with all the pills that one-who-thinks-I-am-silly is on.

Well gang, I am not convinced Governor Dayton is a pill-popping, booze sipping ding-dong. I have never heard or read anything from a reliable and unbiased source that convinces me. He may well have had a booze problem at one time but I doubt he does now because it would be hard to function day-to-day in that job.

As for him being a dunce, I have heard him use some fine language in an articulate manner, including words half the yokels cruising these forums would not understand.

He obviously is not comfortable as a public speaker...at least what I have seen. That does not make him an incompetent nor a fool.

Let's watch what he does and nor worry so much about how he gets it done. I am far less impressed with the Minnesota Legislature than Mr. Dayton.

And please: for those who love to make snide remarks about his money; just get over it-you'd be a happy soul content to do nothing but fish if you had his income. The thought of public service would never enter your mind. Don't worry about his money. Worry about YOUR money.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

Don't worry about his money. Worry about YOUR money.

Wow, a lib not worried about other peoples money! That's a first! We need a lot more of you Ufatz your U-nique! laugh

Well gang, I am not convinced Governor Dayton is a pill-popping, booze sipping ding-dong. I have never heard or read anything from a reliable and unbiased source that convinces me. He may well have had a booze problem at one time but I doubt he does now because it would be hard to function day-to-day in that job.

As for him being a dunce, I have heard him use some fine language in an articulate manner, including words half the yokels cruising these forums would not understand.

He obviously is not comfortable as a public speaker...at least what I have seen. That does not make him an incompetent nor a fool.

Let's watch what he does and nor worry so much about how he gets it done. I am far less impressed with the Minnesota Legislature than Mr. Dayton.

And please: for those who love to make snide remarks about his money; just get over it-you'd be a happy soul content to do nothing but fish if you had his income. The thought of public service would never enter your mind. Don't worry about his money. Worry about YOUR money.

Thank you very much for that material. Not being a long-time Minnesotan and never that interested in MN politics I was not aware of ALL that you provided to this Forum.

Frankly, I am more impressed by Mr.Dayton than I was before reading the MSP Tribune, which is an excellent newspaper. I want some of you guys to have a serious personal talk with yourself and ask if you would have the guts to stand up and confess the things about your life that he has.

I may or may not agree with all his policies but I have a lot more respect for the man. Be assured I know and understand the pressures of the offices he has held and they are not a stroll in the park.

Thanks for the information. Much of it was just rumor to me but remember I am fairly new to MN.

I appreciate your help and I'll bet there are others who learned a few things too.