• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Gov Dayton

BuckSutherland

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LMITOUT

• delcecchi

• Big Dave2

• swamptiger

Hey fellas, before you get over wrought about the Mn Trib being a left wing rag please concede that it is a nationally recognized and award winning newspaper and that we are wallowing in a right wing conservative fairy land down here at the bottom of the Forums. The paper is highly regarded by those with more open and fully functioning minds.

And I have little or no regard for the cut-and-paste artists who frequent these regions. I am out of their league.

Nationally recognized by other left wing rags and those pushing the same Progressive agenda, ie, crooks in bed with crooks.

I'm hoping the new owner instills a new set of values and actual journalistic integrity to bring the paper up to par with reality for once. Maybe then the stories about the taxpayers paying for Dayton's legal team he hired when he caused the state shutdown or for the state airplane he used for campaign purposes won't end up buried under the funeral announcements.

Thank you very much for that material. Not being a long-time Minnesotan and never that interested in MN politics I was not aware of ALL that you provided to this Forum.

Frankly, I am more impressed by Mr.Dayton than I was before reading the MSP Tribune, which is an excellent newspaper. I want some of you guys to have a serious personal talk with yourself and ask if you would have the guts to stand up and confess the things about your life that he has.

I may or may not agree with all his policies but I have a lot more respect for the man. Be assured I know and understand the pressures of the offices he has held and they are not a stroll in the park.

Thanks for the information. Much of it was just rumor to me but remember I am fairly new to MN.

I appreciate your help and I'll bet there are others who learned a few things too.

Glad to enlighten you about the actuality of your guy in the state house.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

Hey fellas, before you get over wrought about the Mn Trib being a left wing rag please concede that it is a nationally recognized and award winning newspaper and that we are wallowing in a right wing conservative fairy land down here at the bottom of the Forums. The paper is highly regarded by those with more open and fully functioning minds.

And I have little or no regard for the cut-and-paste artists who frequent these regions. I am out of their league.

Just look at the front page today and tell me if there isn't 10 stories on how bad things are and how were all going to die with the ice caps collapsing. eek

Jeez and people freak out about Bible's stories when reading that paper everyday is worst! I'm still waiting for California to break off and fall into the ocean as said a 100 years ago! crazy

Nationally recognized by other left wing rags and those pushing the same Progressive agenda, ie, crooks in bed with crooks.

I'm hoping the new owner instills a new set of values and actual journalistic integrity to bring the paper up to par with reality for once. Maybe then the stories about the taxpayers paying for Dayton's legal team he hired when he caused the state shutdown or for the state airplane he used for campaign purposes won't end up buried under the funeral announcements.

Yeah, and even the "left wing red star tribune" had articles about how ineffectual he was, and his many mental issues.

So, imagine how bad it really was. It's easy if you try.

Who, Tpaw? You do know that, thanks to the Minnesota Three Parties Dayton was elected by a minority of the voters, right?

Marky mark was not my guy, true dat.

Who, Tpaw?

He didn't run against T=Paw, he ran, and got more votes, than Emmer.

And a majority isn't needed, only more than the next closest.

You said he was "better", so I was wondering who you compared him to. Can't be his opponents, they have no record as governor. So you think Dayton is doing a good job as Governor?

Gov. dayton, and the democrat controlled legislature appropriated just $11.4 million to fix potholes in 87 counties and another $3.6 million for cities, for a total of $15 million.

Yet they they did not hesitate on spending $90 million on a building that’ll house senators and their staffs 3 months each year.

I hope you all remember this come November.... wink

Minnpost

Say there ol' Bill, there's no question politicians are the scum of the earth and do devious and rotten things; nobody will dispute that.

But regarding the appropriations you mention....were those State funds used to match Federal funds for highway repair etc. The numbers sound pitifully small for total road and highway maintenance so my guess is they are matching moneys that will actually end up in a pot that totals much more.

And it's no surprise those slippery buggers voted themselves a new building. I presume there were some votes from both parties?

• 3 weeks later...

Someone please tell me they read the Star and Sickle article today where Dayton claims that he struggles between being a Liberal and a Libertarian.

picardicon.gif

You can't make it up.

Someone please tell me they read the Star and Sickle article today where Dayton claims that he struggles between being a Liberal and a Libertarian.

picardicon.gif

You can't make it up.

Sounds like the same claim many on here make. laughlaughlaugh

It must be contagious, or some sort of mental disorder. eek

Mike

picardicon.gif

You can't make it up.

I read that article at the MickyD's in Cannon Falls. Almost spit my McDouble on the floor. If even lefty man admits government is messed (scr*****) up then every one much realize it. What's next? MPR reading the constitution on the air?

Oh jeeez. I thought he said liberal and librarian! I gotta get a new battery in this hearing aid.

Wha'd you say?

The white powder they found in the Governors Mansion was likely Dayton's secret stash he forgot where he put.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

It must be contagious, or some sort of mental disorder. eek

Mike

Mike stay up on the PC. You can't say that anymore! It's now " intellectually challenged" Your going to hurt someones feelings dang it! eek

The white powder they found in the Governors Mansion was likely Dayton's secret stash he forgot where he put.

I figured his supply just came in the mail at the wrong time!

I had to go back one more time just to check if that article was provided by the Onion.

Nope.

Not a fan at all of the Gov. but I have to give him props for coming out to the state trap qualifier in Alexandria today. It was the largest trap competition in the world.

full-35430-46436-trap.jpg

He even stopped for a photo with our team. The interesting thing that came to mind while seeing him there posing with my 2 kids was that a liberal Democrat was right in the midst of thousands of armed HS students and he was probably standing in the safest place in the state.

On a proud father side note my Daughter, who is in her first year, posted her personal best of 21 on the final round and my 8th grade son shot a perfect 25 and he finished with rounds of 24,24,22 and 25 for a 95 out of 100 day. grin

That is fine shooting for those kids. Happy to see them at it and happy to see the apparent resurgence in a shooting sport.

And I KEEP trying to tell you guys that Gov. Dayton is on YOUR side so why not ease up a bit on all the "right wing v. left wing" carp all the time when it comes to the man's work.

That is fine shooting for those kids. Happy to see them at it and happy to see the apparent resurgence in a shooting sport.

And I KEEP trying to tell you guys that Gov. Dayton is on YOUR side so why not ease up a bit on all the "right wing v. left wing" carp all the time when it comes to the man's work.

What side? While I give him respect for showing up, his stance on gun control and spending in general are pretty well known and do not fall in line with my beliefs.

What's the saying..."The second amendment is not about hunting"?

Not a fan at all of the Gov. but I have to give him props for coming out to the state trap qualifier in Alexandria today. It was the largest trap competition in the world.

He even stopped for a photo with our team. The interesting thing that came to mind while seeing him there posing with my 2 kids was that a liberal Democrat was right in the midst of thousands of armed HS students and he was probably standing in the safest place in the state.

On a proud father side note my Daughter, who is in her first year, posted her personal best of 21 on the final round and my 8th grade son shot a perfect 25 and he finished with rounds of 24,24,22 and 25 for a 95 out of 100 day. grin

Neat.

Are all those your kids?

Hey P'floyd, is Dayton anti gun? I saw him out for the pheasant opener last year and it was obvious he knew his way around a shotgun.

I was not aware he was a non-gun rights guy.

It's an election year. Don't be naive. That clown is only out to attempt to smooth things over after bending everyone over the last two sessions, raising taxes and fees over $2 Billion.

Let's be honest, there is a good chance he didn't even know where he was due to his mental state.

Good grief.

Hey P'floyd, is Dayton anti gun? I saw him out for the pheasant opener last year and it was obvious he knew his way around a shotgun.

I was not aware he was a non-gun rights guy.

Get back to me when you see him shooting Coyote's with an AR15 and a 30 round clip.