• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

CYRUS ROAD

Roger bostic bay

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Roger bostic bay

• hookie

• ParaPro

• slammer

fished out of cyrus road 1/10 - 1/12 great weekend great roads fishing was great Friday, little slower on sat, picked up sun morning to top off 32 fish limit to take home. few slot fish a 25 inch and 26 inch on Friday. 2 jumbo perch and kept 28 tuliies for the smoker threw many back

devinfish.jpg

spencerfish.jpg

Dude.. S M I L E !!!! lol

Thats a beauty fish.

Interested to know if the white fish work out in the smoker. My cousin tried it last year and they were just horrible..

I think the captin morgan had a little effect on him lol .

They turn out great my father smokes about 150 of those a year for other fisherman he says its all in the brine.

Jan 11,12 weekend report cyrus road. What an awesome weekend it was very nice to see all the wheel houses out there and catching fish,people playing hockey on the roads just nice to see . So the road is out 10 miles now with wheel houses rows at the end of it we want to thank everybody who fishes out of Cyrus for all your business we really appreciate it. fISHING HAS BEEN STEADY ALL WEEK IN OUR HOUSES SO IT LOOKS LIKE ANOTHER GOOD WEEKEND THERES GONNA BE A LITTLE WIND STROM THURS but hopefully no snow . opps sorry bout the caps . But anyway we will hope to see everyone this weekend be safe and good luck.

Cyrus report 7 pm today Major Blizzard going on right now our road is closed and tonight and tomorrow don't look good not sure i will even get our people out so stay tuned i will post in the morn fishing was very very awesome today but it was cut short we brought all our people in at 2:30 terrible conditions

The wind is whipping good agian this morning and is supposed to pick up more yet. Roger you will have some snow to move tomorrow.

Excited to come up on Tuesday and try Cyrus Resort for the 1st time. I will be up in a wheelhouse. Do they have bait or do I need to stop before I get there? Do they have showers to use? Thanks.

I also had an issue on Friday with my SUV not starting and Roger came out right away to help. We were not able to get it started then but after quite a bit of time that Night I got her running with some help from an electric griddle under the motor. Also the fishing was steady for us Thursday and Friday using smaller white/red crappie jigs on set lines. This was the first trip with my entire family (wife and two children) and to say the least it was nice to have the peace of mind with the nice roads and excellent service. We caught over 60 fish in two days taking 16 nice saugers and I will be back up in a few weeks, this time with a block heater smile

I think we were your neighbors out there. We had the yellow ice castle trophy hunter. Glad to see you made it home safe, you didn't miss out on much fishing wise, was a slow weekend for us. Maybe see you up there again sometime.

Yeah that was us and thanks for the help. We stayed in Blackduck as the storm was pretty bad that way and drove home Saturday morning. We will be back up the weekend of the 15th and quite a bit in March I think.

Mother Nature sure has been tough on the road the last two weeks. We should have called and checked conditions yesterday before driving up. When we got there the winds were horrible and you could barely see. We decided to to wait until this morning and the road was still closed so we headed back to Gilbert. It's unbelievable how fast the snow drifts with the wind blowing so hard. The plow trucks are getting a work out this year.

Well mother nature is kicking our butt but we still try I'm so disappointed for all you guys and gals that made the drive to cyrus spent lots of money and then you can't even get out fishing we try our hardest to get you out but i know from experience a fish is not worth a life So anyway we will be persistent to get our road back from mother nature but it will take a few days so please hang in there with us be safe everybody theres a lot of winter left . And from everyone at Cyrus thanks

That was a heck of a blow that came threw on Friday afternoon. It was all we could do to get our portables down without blowing away and then find the road back in. Hats off to all the road operators out there - they are earning their money this year.

Roger, thanks for being able to put us in a cabin and offering a reduced rate due to the conditions. You guys worked your butts off and took in less money because of it and we didnt get the fish we drove up for. Nobody won, but Lori was first class all the way. Thats what happens when you are forced to play by mother natures rules. I hope to get up again before the year is done.

It was a white knuckler all the way back home yesterday. Happy to make it up and back safe.

ps, If anybody is looking to stay in a nice cabin I would recommend Cyrus, even had that new smell to it.

I'm thinking about trying Cyrus road Friday morning , anyone have a fishing report or road condition report ? And is there plenty of spots to park me wheel house ? Thanks

I went out of Cyrus this weekend , fishing was Slow , lots of 7 inch fish . The road was good but they only had spots plowed at 5.7 miles out in about 32 fow . We would have moved but they didn't have other areas plowed . It would have been nice to try it around 3 miles out , the snow sucks

I was back up there this past weekend. We did ok, it was slow at times but that’s fishing (gave me time to nap). We came back with our limits of Sauger and Eyes. No Saugers under 14 ½ were kept and no eyes under 15” (Largest one kept was 19 ¼) Most were in the 16-17” range (we tossed back 4 in the slot 20, 21 ½, 22 and a 26”). Saturday during the day was time to feed the little ones. I guess it was gust our time to catch them. We were also 5.7 miles out by the crack (Which is the reason they haven’t plowed out deeper) Roger had it plowed out further till mother nature decided that was a fine place to open the lake for people who wanted to take the ARTIC Plunge Or maybe dip a toe or leg in. I believe he does plan to plow out further again for wheel houses once she freezes back up good and solid. Better safe than sorry if you ask me I’ve been in that cold water and it isn’t fun brrrrrrrrr. I know they did have some spots plowed out shallower to but those got blown shut. You are correct the snow does suck!!!! Hope they are able to cutout a few slots shallower and deeper soon (Nice to have the option to move). I know the wind really messed things up. Good luck to you all…

Thanks for the update. any others up this last weekend?? We are headin up in the am until sunday. do they have shacks up on the reef again this year?

Not being critical Hookie, I personally wouldn't keep a walleye over 19 inches because of the way the COs measure fish. They not only pinch the tails but they flatten the fish out which adds length to the fish. It is almost crooked, but it's the the way it is. Glad you had good fishing!! Always fun on LOW. I keep a house up there and enjoy the heck out of it. Grew up fishing Mille Lacs and there is no comparison.

That’s a very valid point Birchbranch. I kinda get a bit nervous when they are close to the slot (CO make me nervous even though I’m not doing anything wrong. Kinda like have a cop behind you ya get a little paranoid). I went around with the CO during my daughter’s gun safety. I took exception to when he say that they are out there for our safety, hmmm why is it one of the first things you ask is to see my license to make sure I’m legal but I do feel they are out there to help but it’s not their main task. I bet I measured that sucker 4 times quickly before I decided to keep it. I guess it’s all up to the CO and how they’re feeling that day (having a good day or bad day). I’ve encounter some nice ones and some jerks but I’m sure they can say the same out the people they meet and talk to. Bottom line is it’s totally up to make sure I’m legal. Looks like I might be making another run up there this weekend as a buddy from is chomping at the bit to go up. Good luck and maybe I’ll see you up there. Fish on!!!!!!

PS I’ve always said there is two things that scare me…that’s women and the police!!! LOL

The wind was hard on the road again yesterday evening. We were able to make it out about 6 miles last night but got the truck stuck when the icehouse got high centered on a drift in the road. It's amazing how much snow you can shovel when your stuck blocking the whole road. (at least nobody was out there smile )We were able to get out on our own and made it back to shore with the truck and icehouse. The plow trucks will be hard at work again this morning.

As of Saturday night the road is back out to 13 miles but a lot of it is single lane travel. You have to be careful where you meet oncoming traffic because there are very few spots on the last 8 miles to meet another vehicle. Hopefully the wind stays down so the road can get opened up again.

full-14148-42429-image.jpg

Well here we go again the 3rd road this winter but we are trying we are out 12.7 as of 7 pm tonight it was blowing like a you know what when i left the lake so fingers are crossed fishing has been very speractic one day very good the next super good for tulibees can't explain it the weather has been crazy up and down so i will use that one we have been all over the place and there is no hot bite but we will keep trying we are out of live shiners but have chubs and very nice frozen shiners I'm going to start working my way back towards the south end slowly the fish are there so hopefully they will start to feed like they did 3 weeks ago we all remember that bite :} so thats it the road is still narrow in a few spots the first 6 miles but we will be working on that all week good luck guys and stay safe

Was up last weekend. Was a little snake bitten this time but that’s fishing sure am glad they have good grub up at the resort. Managed 3 nice saugers and 1 eye for home. Tons of lookers (All day long) but tight lipped. Did also get 3 slot eyes 2 at 22 ¼ and a 26”. Was out 9.5 miles. Satellite took a dump  but blue ray still worked TG. Tulibees were nuts stopped at 20 for pickling. No pout this weekend so that’s a plus. The new road’s pretty nice was cool watching you all plowing it’s gotta get rough punching those drifts and ice chunks.

Thinking of bringing the wife and boys up for the maiden voyage in our new Ice Castle in a couple of weeks. I hope the bite picks up! smile

Can anyone tell me if Cyrus will be making reef trips this yr or not? i have heard both yes and no, and Will be there mar 2-5. Hoping to go up to the reefs one day!