• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

CYRUS ROAD

Roger bostic bay

Hi everybody i know its early but we are forming some ice in Bostic bay will be on here everyday starting soon time to start thinking cold weather hope everyone has a safe fall

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Roger bostic bay

• hookie

• ParaPro

• slammer

Hey Roger how ya been? Hope your summer was a good one.Hope to get over to see you this winter.Take care!! PIG!

Thanks for all the nice comments we love fishing here and love takeing care of people we understand what everyone goes through to get here and we want to make it as pleasant as we can and catch lots of fish

Hey Roger we will be over with the wheel house as soon it is thick enough. We had a blast early last year way out deep. see you in Dec. Terry

WHOOHOOOO!! Just booked with Cyrus again for the beginning of March!! 4 months away but I'm already super excited and wanting it to be march NOW!

Well folks i walked on bostic bay this morning seemed to be about 2 inches where i was at so its making ice but sounds like rain coming in will post later

Hi fisher people bostic bay is locked up nice going to check ice today the lake had a skim on it yesterday morn the very strong nw winds all night last night the water is ready to freeze if the wind will lay down here fore a few days talk later

Hi just checked all the way to the lake in bostic bay 5 to 7 inches where our road will go lake has ice out as far as i could see no more than 2 inchs just off shore didn't go out too far but below temps tonight

Well the ice is looking good staked out to 17 ft on lake today 4 inches water was clear so thats good news didn't fish but they should be there smile will post more later going to flood our crossing tomorrow

Cyrus Resort will be opening dec 5th at 5pm if everything stays like it is we will be allowing 4wheeler and snocats on the road on the 6th out to about 20 ft of water but thats as of right now things could be different by the 6th and hopefully they are will update more later going to flood crossing today and do some more work on the lake bye for now

We got between 4 and 5 inches of snow yesterday. It was light fluffy snow though, so I'm thinking a lot of it will blow off the lake and hopefully won't insulate it too much from the nice cool weather we are getting.

Checked the bay today, we have 7-9" of ice. We are plowing snow off the road. If the weather stays the same we plan on pulling houses out on Tuesday or Wednesday. Our road will open for 4-wheelers and snowcats on Thursday December 5th. Last time I checked the lake we had 6 inches at 20 feet of water. More updates coming later

Roger is right - fish are being caught out there. Fished close to their staked road today and had good results. Check out the fishing reports post for more detail.

Had guys fishing today 18 ft did very well some said the best they have ever had 8 inches on the lake will have some houses out thurs be safe everyone its early

Dec 4th update 8to9 inches in bostic bay 7to 8 on lake but we are getting a lot of snow as i type hoped it would miss us but it didn't so anyway can't do anything about it will post after its all done

Be sure to keep an eye on cyrus resort .com for new videos and cool updates our website is amazing great job cyrus smile

I've been talking to Jordan from Cyrus about getting my wheel house out. I was hoping for no snow or just a little bit of snow. Oh well, hopefully the ice is still good and the snow blows off the lake. FYI before people get excited I pull my house out with a ATV and a ski for the front of the wheel house to distribute weight better. Give me some good news tomorrow Roger!!!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• smurfy
      kettle, anyone?????are you guys getting any rain worth while up  there?????
    • smurfy
      i cant help you with the weed thing, but i just came back form out that way......Regal, New London Hawick area. i dont no how big the swat of rain was but there is water standing everywhere. my buddy told me they had over 3 inches of rain yesterday/last night 
    • mulefarm
      With the early ice out, how is the curlyleaf pondweed doing?
    • LakeofthewoodsMN
      On the south end...   The big basin, otherwise known as Big Traverse Bay, is ice free.  Zippel Bay and Four Mile Bay are ice free as well.  Everything is shaping up nicely for the MN Fishing Opener on May 11th. With the walleye / sauger season currently closed, most anglers are targeting sturgeon and pike.  Some sturgeon anglers are fishing at the mouth of the Rainy River, but most sturgeon are targeted in Four Mile Bay or the Rainy River.  Hence, pike are the targeted species on the south shore and various bays currently.   Pike fishing this time of year is a unique opportunity, as LOW is border water with Canada, the pike season is open year round. The limit is 3 pike per day with one being able to be more than 40 inches. All fish 30 - 40 inches must be released. Back bays hold pike as they go through the various stages of the spawn.  Deadbait under a bobber, spinners, spoons and shallow diving crankbaits are all viable options.   Four Mile Bay, Bostic Bay and Zippel Bay are all small water and boats of various sizes work well. On the Rainy River...  Great news this week as we learned sturgeon will not be placed on the endangered species list by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service.     The organization had to make a decision by June 30 and listing sturgeon could have ended sturgeon fishing.  Thankfully, after looking at the many success stories across the nation, including LOW and the Rainy River, sturgeon fishing and successful sturgeon management continues.   A good week sturgeon fishing on the Rainy River.  Speaking to some sturgeon aficionados, fishing will actually get even better as water temps rise.     Four Mile Bay at the mouth of the Rainy River near the Wheeler's Point Boat Ramp is still producing good numbers of fish, as are various holes along the 42 miles of navigable Rainy River from the mouth to Birchdale.   The sturgeon season continues through May 15th and resumes again July 1st.   Oct 1 - April 23, Catch and Release April 24 - May 7, Harvest Season May 8 - May 15, Catch and Release May 16 - June 30, Sturgeon Fishing Closed July 1 - Sep 30, Harvest Season If you fish during the sturgeon harvest season and you want to keep a sturgeon, you must purchase a sturgeon tag for $5 prior to fishing.    One sturgeon per calendar year (45 - 50" inclusive, or over 75"). Most sturgeon anglers are either a glob of crawlers or a combo of crawlers and frozen emerald shiners on a sturgeon rig, which is an 18" leader with a 4/0 circle hook combined with a no roll sinker.  Local bait shops have all of the gear and bait. Up at the NW Angle...  A few spots with rotten ice, but as a rule, most of the Angle is showing off open water.  In these parts, most are looking ahead to the MN Fishing Opener.  Based on late ice fishing success, it should be a good one.  
    • leech~~
      Nice fish. I moved to the Sartell area last summer and just thought it was windy like this everyday up here? 🤭
    • Rick G
      Crazy windy again today.... This is has been the norm this spring. Between the wind and the cold fronts, fishing has been more challenging for me than most years.  Panfish have been moving in and out of the shallows quite a bit. One day they are up in the slop, the next they are out relating to cabbage or the newly sprouting lilly pads.  Today eye guy and I found them in 4-5 ft of water, hanging close to any tree branches that happened to be laying in the water.  Bigger fish were liking a 1/32 head and a Bobby Garland baby shad.   Highlight of the day way this healthy 15incher
    • monstermoose78
    • monstermoose78
      As I typed that here came a hen.  IMG_7032.mov   IMG_7032.mov
    • monstermoose78
      So far this morning nothing but non turkeys. 
    • monstermoose78
      Well yesterday I got a little excited and let a turkey get to close and I hit the blind!!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.