• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

TR Richland County

LHarris

Luke and I fished Richland County today. Luke is a recent convert from a spinning rod to a fly rod. He had never broken the 20 inch barrier before today. Luke landed the big bow on a olive with black accent zonker.

Luke had a brookie/bow/brown tri-fecta and I did also.

Luke 25 trout to hand in four hours and me 20.

f7f1d681-1219-4e39-906b-016cf9fd940c_zps

Nice fish Len, was it stocking (brood stock in the pic) week in Richland or Dane Co? I saw Gray Goat do this also. Be honest, I would love to get in on that goodness too. Does WIDNR even stock bows, or was it a county thing? Also, Luke, the man you took out today has been a fly rodder for quite awhile. I've know him for a while.... his past employment was in the fly fishing section of a very large outdoors oriented store near PDC.

Luke...

was just on my deck...

he use to use both and has changed

to exclusively fly recently.

Nice fish Len, was it stocking (brood stock in the pic) week in Richland or Dane Co? I saw Gray Goat do this also. Be honest, I would love to get in on that goodness too. Does WIDNR even stock bows, or was it a county thing? Also, Luke, the man you took out today has been a fly rodder for quite awhile. I've know him for a while.... his past employment was in the fly fishing section of a very large outdoors oriented store near PDC.

was really tiny stream....yes is for sure a brooder.

Luke just finished his celebratory German Beer on my deck.

Luke is in the market for a net now.

He said he will never look at small trout the same again.

Been trying to persuade him to join the fly fishing for everything group. He's been chasing pike and other species for awhile I've noticed. Not to keen on trout though. That I think may have changed today, a good thing I would say. Not a lot of other species to chase on a fly at this point, at least in our area. Nice job Len.

I took Luke after brookies last year and he was dumbfounded at the size and quantity.

He used pheasants tails and got 5-6 doubles that day.

The brookies are wonderful in your area. The bad weather this spring has forced me to branch out and enjoy a new area that I haven't really explored before. I love the brookies, what are the chances of a tiger?

Invited Luke to bring his dad along to my brookie and brown mixed area that has no gill lice.

good possibility of tigers in this area.

Some xl brookies too.

His zonker had a sculpin helmet head.

was first time i had seen them.

they worked really well.

You know the people and the places, Len. You have my respect.

you can come with Luke too.

Will show you a good time.

Len, I would like to meet you and fish with you. I would have to bring a four pack of Surly with for such an occasion. Just the conversation a lone would be great. I filled out a gill lice survey this week too as you suggested. Hopefully something can be done eventually. Not sure what, at least draw more attention to a serious problem.

• 6 months later...

Len, I would like to meet you and fish with you. I would have to bring a four pack of Surly with for such an occasion. Just the conversation a lone would be great. I filled out a gill lice survey this week too as you suggested. Hopefully something can be done eventually. Not sure what, at least draw more attention to a serious problem.

I should be healed by March open. Having back surgery the first tuesday in December. I believe knee surgery won't be far behind.

You are welcome to come without Luke too if you want.

My back put a serious damper on my 2013 season.