• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Walleye Inn - Dad in Hospital

Walleye Inn Son

My dad (Terry) is in the hospital in the ICU at Sandford in Fargo. Last Wednesday the 13th around 5pm he was shoveling off his roof on the pole shed and he stepped where a fiberglass skylight was and fell through the roof and hit the boat on his way down then the ground. My mom found him and he was out but she woke him up. The ambulance took him to fargo as the weather was to bad for lifeflight. He has 4 fractures in his back and at least 2 on his skull. His brain is swelling even after 4 or 5 days. The doctors and nurses are amazing here as we havent left his side in this time. He will have a long road but first we need to keep him alive.

We set up a caring bridge. If you sign it please leave your handle on here so we have an idea on here if you are comfy with doing that.

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/terrydoeden

My dad absolutely loves coming to LOW and fishing out of the Walleye INN. Please keep him in your prayers as I want to be back up there with him when he gets better.

The Walleye INN and Walleye INN 2 are out of zippel bay right now just off main street a couple roads out on the east side of road. We are not sure when we will make it up there so I'm trusting you guys on here are good guys so please when you drive by take a peek no one is messing with the houses.

Again please pray for my dad and his docs and nurses. This is his oldest son (Travis) typing this and I will try to keep you guys updated. My dad relates to you guys up there as he's a fisherman and I want you guys to know about this.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Walleye Inn Son

• CANOPY SAM

• Hoey

• Boar

Travis thanks for posting this , yur dad is a realy good man, met him a few years back an u to i beleive. hes a great contributer here on the forum an i know hes love LOW winter an summer. My prayers go out you your family an dad for a speedy recover, so sorry he is tough shape, i will preay for him to get back on his feet, Tell him the beers are boar when he's back on the ice or open water. keep us updated. This forum is a big prayer chain Take travis an again prayers go out to your dad an family an the hospital team. God bless an tacke care.

Very sorry to hear about your dad, I have some experience with those kinds of injuries and the docs at Sanford, They will take good care of him.

Thanks for the information on your Dad and the update. My family's prayers are for Terry and the healthcare staff. I will be looking forward to seeing him again this summer at Arnesen's.

My most sincere and deepest prayers are with your Dad, with your family, and the healthcare staff taking care of him.

Thanks for letting us know. Please keep us updated from time to time.

Hope your Dad gets well soon. If Nick and the boys at Zipple need a hand getting your houses off - please let me know. I'd be glad to lend a hand.

Today was a busy day for our family and friends with visits and thoughts and prayers. Terry got some rest hopefully durign the day. A physical therapist did work briefly on his legs. The did put him on some blood thinner medicine as a precaution to prevent blood clots. The surgeon was in and his great medical team has decided that tomorrow he will be gettn a tracheostomy (the air tube moved from his mouth to a hole made in his throat that is more for long term). While they do that they are also going to put a feeding tube directing into his stomach through his abdomen. Although the doctors say these are simple surgeries we are of course worried and again ask to continue to pray for him, his doctors and for God to help with the healing process. They are saying be ready for a long process but we just want to keep moving forward. Again thank you all for your words and visits and prayers.

I really appreciate you guys on here. I have been talking to my dad and telling him about all the people who are thinking of him and not to worry about anything. Even told him of some reports out of sportsmans my buddy was out with. I think he can hear me. You guys go fish and enjoy it. He will fight thru this and be back out there.

Thaks for the update travis, been thinking of him alot, cant imagine how tough this is for u an ur family, ur dads a tough bean an We all pray that he pulls thru this in flying jig colors. Keep moving forward bud, my prayers will continue. God bless, Boar

Thanks everyone. Before bed last night I did tell my Dad you guys are pulling for him and that boars buying the beer next time. He is still scheduled for surgery at around 11am. Ive met with 3 or 4 docs already for this minor surgery so they mean business around here and want to cover their bases(if they dont i ask many more things). Next move is for my dad to listen to someone telling him what to do. Now if you are an LOW fisherman none of us quite like doing that so it will take him time to listen! All joking aside keep up with the prayers and any quite fishing reports you have I can tell him or if you see our fishhouses let us know they are still there.

I see the Walleye INN and the Walleye INN 2 not to far from where my house is, i'm just a bit further on the left side of Main. I'll keep an eye out for you.

I wish him a fast recovery!

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

Hope for a fast recovery for your Dad. I wish I was a bit closer I would maybe swing by and finish shoveling the roof or put a tarp or plywood over the hole for him for now. frown

I too do not know your dad, but can only imagine what all of you are going through. thoughts and prayers for a complete and speedy recovery, and he'll be haulin in the biguns realy soon. Thats the nice thing about fish they are a captive audience to the the water, not going anywhere, they'll be waitin for your dads return....Best wishes to your dad and your family.

I may have never met Terry, but I do send my prayers to him and your family in these tough times! Wish him a speedy recovery and I'm sure if he is tough enough to take on LOW then he will be tough enough to take this head-on as well!

tell yur paw that we all catching dinks right now, he aint missing nuthing but a beer on ice, an we'll make up for it with his triumphant return. We'll have BOARPAPALOOZA! at the walleye Inn An terry will be the guest of honor. I'll buy a party ball an everyone can come an have a beer with terry. Serious that would be awsome fun beans. Continue to keep us up dated, God bless you an yur family travis, speedy recovery to ur dad.

Thanks for the updates, I wish you all well and a speedy recovery, I also look for the Walleye Inn when I'm fortunate to be up there. Our prayers are with you!!!!!!

best of wishes to your dad and a fast recovery, psalm91 2,i will say of the lord,he is my refuge and my fotress,my god,in me i will trust. smirk

Our Prayers go out to you an your family.

The LORD hear thee in the day of trouble;

the name of the God of Jacob defend thee

send thee help from the sanctuary,

and strengthen thee out of Zion;

remember all thy offerings,

and accept thy burnt sacrifice.

Selah.

Grant thee according to thine own heart,

and fulfil all thy counsel.

We will rejoice in thy salvation,

and in the name of our God we will set up our banners:

the LORD fulfil all thy petitions.

Now know I that the LORD saveth his anointed;

he will hear him from his holy heaven

with the saving strength of his right hand.

Some trust in chariots, and some in horses:

but we will remember the name of the LORD our God.

They are brought down and fallen:

but we are risen, and stand upright.

Save, LORD:

let the king hear us when we call.

I (Travis) got to the hospital at 645 this morning and went in to see my dad and talked with him about life quietly and he was opening his eyes briefly and moving more than we've seen him do so I put my fingers in his hand and asked him to squeeze my hand and he DID!!!! This was my goal for him this morning and he did it! Seems like a small step but this is huge to me. Went running to grab a few nurses to tell them and they were impressed. Keep praying for him to continue this and for the people caring for him.

This is great guys! Keep thinking about him and Boar I told him he needs to get better to have that celebration.

That is huge travis, wonderful news! Baby steps is still steps forward. We will continue to pray. Hang in ther travis, it must be tough but were were also praying for u an those that worry so, to give yu strenght to keep going, it must be exhausting. Take care an thanks for the update. boar

Dad had a good day yesterday. After squeezing my (Travis) hand he also squeezed my moms and then when asked to release her hand he did. He also listened to my mom to tell him to move his leg. He was also off the ventilator and breathing on his own for 3.5hrs. He had physical and occupational therapy yesterday. It was a busy day for him and he got rest last night. This morning about 10 minutes ago I went in and the nurse said hey watch this...and walked up to dad and told him to give her a high five..,.she said it about 5 times and he raised his hand up and then pressed it forward into her hand! Another step for dad.

All you guys know my dad loves to fish so my great supervisor up in Bemidji gave me a poster yesterday of a nice walleye on the rocks to hold up to show my dad and I did this morning. Since we cant take him fishing we will bring the fish to him! I know he will love seeing this!

Again thank you everyone for everything we never had a clue my dad knew so many people and this many care. We still have a long ways to go but still just want to keep moving forward no matter how long it takes. Again thank you all for your support.