• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

F3T

Ic3wind

So since the forums seem to be a hopping tonight who wants to get keelhauled at the bar and try to Spey cast with a broom handle and an extension cord on the street outside of F3T?

Naw but seriously who's going?

So since the forums seem to be a hopping tonight who wants to get keelhauled at the bar and try to Spey cast with a broom handle and an extension cord on the street outside of F3T?

Naw but seriously who's going?

Haha, I'm down for trying that out. I wonder how long it would take before "the man" showed up to put a stop to it.

You know I'll be there. Be back Wednesday from AZ, ready for some fishing related stuff.

Well that answers that question I was gonna see if you wanted to get out monday its supposed to be in the mid to high 30s. Im gonna play hooky from work. I need my fix

Yeah that sucks. I still have your flies from the December swap sitting on my desk.

I'm packing my 5wt in my suitcase with the hopes of maybe going after an Apache trout if I get time. I haven't even looked at the regs to see if I can even legally do it. If I can though, it's game on.

I'll be there. definitely down with puttin a Brash in a brown bag and rockin the broomstick spey castin for some of the natives.

Urban-Squirrel.jpg

I can try to arrange for my buddy on the force to run interference if the man is headin our way. He'll at least give us a 5 minute head start...

Are there even any tickets left? Thorne Bro's said they only had a few tickets left, and that was on Monday or Tuesday. If you want to go, definitely buy your tickets soon. There is probably still a few left online.

I have a ticket waiting for me.....just not sure I'll be able to use it and wont know until last minute......

I'm not going to make it. Have to take the day off tomorrow instead of Friday. PM me if you want the ticket.

Gonna be at work later today, should be able to make it down by 6:30 though.

Anyone meetin up before hand?

Us southern guys will be up there around 6 I think. Unless I get a call from the other guys that they want to go up to The Fly Angler before hand, then we might be there a bit earlier.

Believe it or not, I've only seen one or two of them. I wanted to be completely surprised when I went to it, so I've pretty much avoided them all lately.

Thai One On looked pretty cool though!

So when I read the Drake Mag I skip about... I find it helps me not read the entire quarterly issue in one sitting.

This morning I was skimmin through the early parts of the mag and noticed there was an article about the Scorpion Expeditions. Surprising it took me that long to notice it... heh.

That one made it even more difficult than usual to ignore my rod tubes, vise n feathers as I walked by them this morning.

One of these days I'm going to listen to that inner voice and just pack it all up for an excursion.

Some day....

Last years "GEOFISH" made me wanna just pack it up and head 3rd world for amazing fishing...

note to self... do not bite off tippets that have been dunked in 3rd world waters

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• mulefarm
      With the early ice out, how is the curlyleaf pondweed doing?
    • LakeofthewoodsMN
      On the south end...   The big basin, otherwise known as Big Traverse Bay, is ice free.  Zippel Bay and Four Mile Bay are ice free as well.  Everything is shaping up nicely for the MN Fishing Opener on May 11th. With the walleye / sauger season currently closed, most anglers are targeting sturgeon and pike.  Some sturgeon anglers are fishing at the mouth of the Rainy River, but most sturgeon are targeted in Four Mile Bay or the Rainy River.  Hence, pike are the targeted species on the south shore and various bays currently.   Pike fishing this time of year is a unique opportunity, as LOW is border water with Canada, the pike season is open year round. The limit is 3 pike per day with one being able to be more than 40 inches. All fish 30 - 40 inches must be released. Back bays hold pike as they go through the various stages of the spawn.  Deadbait under a bobber, spinners, spoons and shallow diving crankbaits are all viable options.   Four Mile Bay, Bostic Bay and Zippel Bay are all small water and boats of various sizes work well. On the Rainy River...  Great news this week as we learned sturgeon will not be placed on the endangered species list by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service.     The organization had to make a decision by June 30 and listing sturgeon could have ended sturgeon fishing.  Thankfully, after looking at the many success stories across the nation, including LOW and the Rainy River, sturgeon fishing and successful sturgeon management continues.   A good week sturgeon fishing on the Rainy River.  Speaking to some sturgeon aficionados, fishing will actually get even better as water temps rise.     Four Mile Bay at the mouth of the Rainy River near the Wheeler's Point Boat Ramp is still producing good numbers of fish, as are various holes along the 42 miles of navigable Rainy River from the mouth to Birchdale.   The sturgeon season continues through May 15th and resumes again July 1st.   Oct 1 - April 23, Catch and Release April 24 - May 7, Harvest Season May 8 - May 15, Catch and Release May 16 - June 30, Sturgeon Fishing Closed July 1 - Sep 30, Harvest Season If you fish during the sturgeon harvest season and you want to keep a sturgeon, you must purchase a sturgeon tag for $5 prior to fishing.    One sturgeon per calendar year (45 - 50" inclusive, or over 75"). Most sturgeon anglers are either a glob of crawlers or a combo of crawlers and frozen emerald shiners on a sturgeon rig, which is an 18" leader with a 4/0 circle hook combined with a no roll sinker.  Local bait shops have all of the gear and bait. Up at the NW Angle...  A few spots with rotten ice, but as a rule, most of the Angle is showing off open water.  In these parts, most are looking ahead to the MN Fishing Opener.  Based on late ice fishing success, it should be a good one.  
    • leech~~
      Nice fish. I moved to the Sartell area last summer and just thought it was windy like this everyday up here? 🤭
    • Rick G
      Crazy windy again today.... This is has been the norm this spring. Between the wind and the cold fronts, fishing has been more challenging for me than most years.  Panfish have been moving in and out of the shallows quite a bit. One day they are up in the slop, the next they are out relating to cabbage or the newly sprouting lilly pads.  Today eye guy and I found them in 4-5 ft of water, hanging close to any tree branches that happened to be laying in the water.  Bigger fish were liking a 1/32 head and a Bobby Garland baby shad.   Highlight of the day way this healthy 15incher
    • monstermoose78
    • monstermoose78
      As I typed that here came a hen.  IMG_7032.mov   IMG_7032.mov
    • monstermoose78
      So far this morning nothing but non turkeys. 
    • monstermoose78
      Well yesterday I got a little excited and let a turkey get to close and I hit the blind!!
    • smurfy
      good......you?? living the dream..in my basement playing internet thug right now!!!!!! 🤣 working on getting the boat ready.......bought a new cheatmaster locator for the boat so working on that.   waiting for warmer weather to start my garden!!!
    • monstermoose78
      How is everyone doing? Holy moly it’s chilly this morning I stayed in bed and will hunt later today when it warms up.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.