• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Storm this week

Planning on heading up tomorrow morning! Might have to rethink that. Sounds like its going to get real nasty up there.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Boar

• northerndave

• Twisted

• bturck

The number 4 just said 6-12 Fri-Saturday with white out conditions possible. Sounds like a great time to sit in a fish house and watch the snow and fish pile up!

I'm in the same boat nortin, sounds like a bad one comin. Probably going to stay home to play it safe. Would be curious to know what the local weather staions are saying in Baudette vs what the ones are saying in the cities.

Really cold Saturday night thru Sunday and on....

Looks like it could get pretty dangerous with significant snowfall, possible freezing drizzle, high winds, all followed by a subzero cold front.

I'd love to go fishing, but I'm pretty sure I'll be staying home, and I'm only an hour and 15 minutes from the lake.

The weather natizs have done it again! Those city weather forcasters go out of their way to exagerate!! No online weather site I have. looked to says anything about heavy snows! cold yes heavy snow no. starting to drop temps Fri.Chance of snow.

National Weather Service Alerts for Warroad, MN

SPECIAL WEATHER STATEMENT

Now - Wednesday, Jan 9, 3:45pm

...MAJOR WINTER STORM POSSIBLE LATE THURSDAY NIGHT INTO EARLY SATURDAY...

A MAJOR STORM SYSTEM WILL AFFECT THE NORTHERN PLAINS LATE THURSDAY NIGHT INTO EARLY SATURDAY. SNOW IS EXPECTED TO DEVELOP OVER THE DEVILS LAKE BASIN THURSDAY NIGHT...AND CONTINUE THROUGH FRIDAY NIGHT. FURTHER SOUTH...A MIX OF FREEZING RAIN AND SNOW IS POSSIBLE BEFORE CHANGING TO ALL SNOW BY FRIDAY AFTERNOON AND EVENING. THERE IS THE POTENTIAL FOR SIGNIFICANT FREEZING RAIN AND ICING IN WEST CENTRAL MINNESOTA FROM NEAR ELBOW LAKE NORTH INTO BEMIDJI THURSDAY NIGHT INTO FRIDAY. IN ADDITION...TOTAL SNOW ACCUMULATIONS OF 6 INCHES OR MORE ARE POSSIBLE ALONG AND NORTH OF A VALLEY CITY TO GRAND FORKS TO ROSEAU LINE FRIDAY INTO SATURDAY. THE EXACT TRACK OF THE STORM WILL DETERMINE WHO GETS THE MOST SNOW FROM THIS STORM.

NORTHERLY WINDS WILL INCREASE ON FRIDAY...PRODUCING CONSIDERABLE BLOWING AND DRIFTING SNOW IN THE RED RIVER VALLEY BY FRIDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH FRIDAY NIGHT ALONG WITH WIND CHILLS FALLING TO 25 BELOW ZERO. SOME AREAS IN THE NORTHERN RED RIVER VALLEY AND DEVILS LAKE BASIN COULD EXPERIENCE NEAR BLIZZARD CONDITIONS LATER FRIDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH FRIDAY NIGHT AS WINDS GUST OVER 30 MPH AT TIMES ALONG WITH THE POTENTIAL FOR HEAVY SNOW AT TIMES.

STAY TUNED TO LATER STATEMENTS ON THIS POTENTIAL MAJOR WINTER STORM THAT MAY CAUSE SIGNIFICANT TRAVEL IMPACTS LATER THIS WEEK.

Just how it usually goes, headed up tomorrow tell sunday. Hope I can get some fish, maybe ill have to stay an extra day with this weather!

This is what my weather report is saying right now:

... WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM LATE THURSDAY NIGHT THROUGH SATURDAY MORNING...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN GRAND FORKS HAS ISSUED A WINTER STORM WATCH... WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM LATE THURSDAY NIGHT THROUGH SATURDAY MORNING.

* RAIN AND FREEZING RAIN WILL BEGIN TO MOVE INTO FAR SOUTHEASTERN NORTH DAKOTA AND WEST CENTRAL MINNESOTA THURSDAY NIGHT... WITH THE FREEZING RAIN THREAT CONTINUING INTO THE DAY ON FRIDAY. SNOW WILL BEGIN TO MOVE INTO THE DEVILS LAKE BASIN THURSDAY NIGHT... SPREADING SOUTH AND EASTWARD THROUGH THE DAY ON FRIDAY AS TEMPERATURES DROP. THE SNOW WILL CONTINUE THROUGH FRIDAY NIGHT BEFORE TAPERING OFF ON SATURDAY.

* WINDS WILL INCREASE INTO THE 25 TO 30 MPH RANGE WITH HIGHER GUSTS FRIDAY AFTERNOON AND FRIDAY NIGHT. THE STRONGEST WINDS WILL BE MAINLY FROM THE RED RIVER VALLEY WESTWARD.

* VISIBILITIES COULD APPROACH A HALF TO EVEN A QUARTER OF A MILE AT TIMES.

* SNOW ACCUMULATIONS ARE EXPECTED TO BE HIGHEST IN THE DEVILS LAKE TO ROSEAU AREA WHERE 8 TO 10 INCHES ARE POSSIBLE. 6 TO 8 INCHES WILL BE POSSIBLE BETWEEN THAT AREA SOUTH TO A VALLEY CITY TO BEMIDJI LINE. LIGHTER ACCUMULATIONS WILL BE FOUND IN SOUTHEASTERN NORTH DAKOTA INTO WEST CENTRAL MINNESOTA.

* WIND CHILL VALUES OF 25 TO 30 BELOW ZERO WILL BE POSSIBLE WEST OF THE RED RIVER LATE FRIDAY NIGHT INTO SATURDAY MORNING.

* ICE ACCUMULATIONS OF NEARLY A QUARTER OF AN INCH ARE POSSIBLE NEAR DETROIT LAKES TO BEMIDJI... WITH LIGHTER ACCUMULATIONS NORTH AND WEST OF THAT AREA.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

A WINTER STORM WATCH MEANS THERE IS A POTENTIAL FOR SIGNIFICANT SNOW... SLEET... OR ICE ACCUMULATIONS THAT MAY IMPACT TRAVEL. CONTINUE TO MONITOR THE LATEST FORECASTS."

The weather natizs have done it again! Those city weather forcasters go out of their way to exagerate!! No online weather site I have. looked to says anything about heavy snows! cold yes heavy snow no. starting to drop temps Fri.Chance of snow.

Fargo/Grand Forks weather forecasters are predicting a pretty decent chance of a significant winter storm in NW MN.

The NWS is usually the tie breaker for me. They're pretty even keel and for the most part keep a level head about their forecasts.

Remember - only a few inches of snow can be a huge deal on a big lake. Any amount of snow with heavy wind will drift the plowed ice roads pretty fast. Resorts, like the state, will quit plowing until is stops.

Twisted has a track machine that doesn't care what the weather is doing smile Wish I had me one of those. I'd be out there too.

Twisted! ya selling tickets?

Tickets? I got offered $40 & a buck knife for a ride last weekend!

I did it pro bono as usual. I told the guys the ride there is free, the ride back is where it gets expensive. grin

I won't be able to stay off the lake completely. I might miss out on the friday night/saturday stuff so I can set the oldest boy up with his new spear house closer to home. But the ole yeller plow truck will be wanting to get out on LOW to smash a path out to our little fish camp. Boar, if it gets deep out there and I do end up pile driving a path to the houses with the snow hammer, I'll make a swipe past yours since we're in the same neighborhood.

Fargo TV station said 6-12" possible for NW Mn. The map covered LOW. Remember these guys get paid to be right 50% of the time so take it with a grain of salt. I can confidently say we will see some inclement weather but how bad we won't know until Sunday.

Black duck to baudette weather on NOAA all over the place with the forecast. Still aa dump shoot I guess. Guess time will tell. Drive careful up your way, stay safe....

Only myself and Twisted will be allowed to recieve the double secret special issue ice travel permits via a special double secret CO.

(because we need them)

Everyone else can pound sand..... Or hop in with us, for a modest fee...

cool

Hey guys don't forget boar, he may need a helping hand out there, you might be able to get a family pass or good friends pass

Geeze bill, ya make me sound like im Boarest Gump or something, "Run Boarest Run!" I got a hook in my butt tocks. SOME THIN BIT ME! Life is like a bucket of minnows Ya knever wat youll get till ya bring up the scoop. grin