• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Anyone fishing out of Warroad?

I'd sure like to hear if any of you are getting out from Warroad, how far, how thick the ice is, and how the fishing has been. Please report. I'd love to hear it.<P>Brad

Brad, I talked to Schuster's Resort last night and they are planning to start pulling shacks out there on Saturday.

Thanks. It sounds like they're getting going in Baudette. How about in that big bay to the West? Is anyone getting out very far?<P>In the vicinity of N48 56.744 W95 12.051 perhaps?<P>Brad

I doubt anyone has dared to venture across muskeg bay all the way out to 12 mile yet. They have been doing some near shore fishing around Warroad/springsteel. {walking out for pike} I will get out to the reefs as soon as I feel it's safe to go on my snowmobile, but not this weekend...maybe next.

Thanks Fiskynut. I was hoping to go out there over new years, but it doesn't look good. The forcast is for good cold temps the next week so maybe we'll get lucky.<P>Brad

Brad<P>Keep an eye on the forum here, I highly doubt there will be much for vehicle traffic on the lake around new years, but if you have sled/atv you can use I would guess that we'll have enough ice for those modes of transport. It all depends on weather...It was 1 below this morning when I went and checked trapline. Right now my thermometer reads 7 above. Some more cold like this...better yet colder, and no wind and we'll be in high gear in no time. I would guess Arnesons will be hauling people out there by new years too, just depends on weather. When you get back let us know how you did eh?<P>best regards and good luck<P>

Thanks again,<P>I'll write a report when I get back, if I get to go. I always go with Harvey and its his call this weekend what we do next. No ATV or sled available. We may come up and fish in close as some of the other fellas I fish with like to fish pike. I'm no fan of pike, but I guess I'll fish for them if I don't have a chance to go for walleye/sauger.<P>Any chance any walleye/sauger are in close in a week? Close enough for a Bombardier to go out to?

Going out of hospital bay huh. Harv and Tom will find ya guys some eyes. there's fish in close over that way to, just not as thick as the fish on the eastside during early ice. Elm and Buffalo areas can be good sometimes early in the year. I'd bet they can get you to the rocks though by then by bomber. I fish a particular inside corner spot on 12m that I love. This spot gives up some nice fish for us every year. 3 yrs ago my brother came up from Michigan and got a 32 incher, it was the first fish of the evening and I had just got his lines down {he does'nt icefish), Did'nt have any down myself yet, needless to say that was the big fish of the day! Always happens...shown up by the rookie, he still rubs it in! How about you guys, get any lunkers out there?

Something else I forgot to mention. If you came up in april to fish pike on the late ice you might become a fan of pike. A fan of truly BIG pike that is! I love catching 40+ inchers myself, usually by march I'm getting a little bored with those easy walleyes. So the pike fishing is a good diversion to get me by till opem water on the Rainy.<P>take care

Fiskynut,<P>I've been going out with Harv & Tom for a couple three years now and have caught a lot of eyes, but nothing super huge. It's been a hell of a good time (nice guys!) and I've been very pleased with the steady action and the good company. I'd like to catch a big one and will keep trying, but I don't live or die over it.<P>We were up the first weekend in April last year and some of the fellows stayed in close to shore and caught a ton of big pike on tipups. You'll have to ask Harvey how many, but I guess it was a tremendous day of very steady big pike action. I fished out over the rocks with Tom and caught an endless stream of smaller walleyes.<P>Pike haunt me and I don't think I could ever learn to love them. I fish a lot and a day I don't catch one (without trying, ever) is rare. My buddies think this is funny. <P>Take care and have a great Christmas,<P>Brad

harv and tom dont usually get out till new<BR>years anyway. the warroad side takes longer<BR>to freeze it seems.<P>i think it will be fine, but the final call<BR>will be made by harv and tom, they dont <BR>take chances (thats how they got to be so<BR>old)<P>curt

Just bringing this back up to the top.<P>We're planning on coming for next weekend (12/28 - 1/1) and am looking for any current recon.<P>Ice depth? What's biting? Any advice would be appreciated.<P>Brad