• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I was on the river this weekend saturday and sunday and haven't been on it since mid june.

Land-o-memories, i have to dry unload and dry-load my boat. Last cement slab is a doozy if you back in too far...I learned that last year and avoided the problem so far this year.

Sure is shallow. I ran 2 miles of river saturday morning full speed, slowed down in a shallow spot...pretty much plowed through mud and sand from there. 1' - 3' in most areas. Realized how dumb i was going full speed when i floated through that 2 mile stretch and found the deepest being 3' grin

Got darn lucky!

3 channels total saturday/sunday. One turtle. Turtles were hungry, needed to change bait quite often as it was getting chewed down to nothin.

Floated the river from Redwood Falls to Morton on Saturday and there was a few spots that even a canoe had a hard time with. It is VERY low here that is for sure. I did see a boat from Iowa coming upstream from Morton when we were on there. Almost guarantee they didn't make it much farther then the old outlet for crow creek. Nasty little spot right there!

I had no problem with anything on the river. I thought it was perfect. I went to St Peter and headed south. The fishing could have been a little better though, only landed one 8 lb flat and a decent channel. But with the reports i have been hearing I guess I should be happy I didn't get skunked. Lots of beavers out and about too. I've never seen so many!

• 3 weeks later...

Well, Henderson just fell under 713 for the water level. It is the lowest I have ever seen it, and according to the record chart, it hasnt been to this level since 1950, and that level will never be reached again, from the river filling in with silt.

full-17556-22898-level.png

full-17556-22897-record.png

Here is the forecast for the levels, HS= Historical averages. CS=current prediction.

The further the two are apart, the more we are away from average. What I found most interesting, is how much the flow drops off with as little as a foot more then it is now. We are at 1.39 now, and that almost drops in half, if it drops another foot.

full-17556-22899-forecast.png