• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Ware flow and trees

How is the river now for trees and items floating in the river?

Alot of flo yet or is it slowing down a bit?

Thinking of making a run to the Minnesota for some eyes and flats in the late afternoon and evening. Would rather not have to deal with floaters.

Thanks

HL a friend told me last night that is was dropping slowly and he didnt notice much in the way of floaters but I have not seen it for myself yet.

Good Luck

HL,

I haven't been on the river in a while but given the hydrograph and the fact that it's down pver 6 feet from its peak last week, I think you'd be safe.

I would guess the river will be a risin. I heard some areas of Redwood Falls recieved 6" yesterday.

i was ou saturday night and there was 60' widow makers coming down at a pretty good clip then i was out tuesday and didnt see a thing and the water was 2 feet lower at that point then i was out last night and the water was another 3' lower and all i saw was 1 giant widow maker came within 50-75 feet of the boat, but we did notice that it had piled up on shore at the next bend so i think it will be there for a while.

The river is at a safe flow, and the floaters are minimal, although, there are still someout there, so just keep an eye open. Fishing is slow, but that is probably just my lack of knowledge on how to catch them.

I would guess the river will be a risin. I heard some areas of Redwood Falls recieved 6" yesterday.

Seriously, 6". Wowza.

Well, that is what I was told. I was not there. Seems Redwood has been getting more than thier fair share of rain as of late.

Here's the site I use to see what's up on the river. Well one of them anyway:

http://water.weather.gov/ahps2/hydrograph.php?wfo=mpx&gage=jdnm5&hydro_type=0

This is the Jordan gauge in particular. Seems like the river ought to be navigable. However, the ramps are in rough shape due to the fairly rapid water drop. Lots of mud. Good luck out there.