• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

warroad

minnesotathorn

does anyone plow roads out of warroad & if so can you bring your own fish house. new to minnesota sao not very well informed.

thanks

not directly out of warroad. but north of town 2 miles there is a road from springsteel resort.

Yeah we're at south tip north of sprinsteel right now. No actual plowing needed yet. There is a staked trail running north out of springsteel. Just stay off to the side of it with wheel traffic because the trail itself is for snowmobiles and tracked rigs and the wheel traffic ruts it up. Just travel along side of it with wheel traffic. 24 inches of nice clear ice, good luck.

Yeah we're at south tip north of sprinsteel right now. No actual plowing needed yet. There is a staked trail running north out of springsteel. Just stay off to the side of it with wheel traffic because the trail itself is for snowmobiles and tracked rigs and the wheel traffic ruts it up. Just travel along side of it with wheel traffic. 24 inches of nice clear ice, good luck.

And if you accidentally get mixed up and end up on the trail, a snowmobiler will kindly freak the "bleep" out on you.

grin

True.

grin

It's easy so far this year to see the trail though because it's got snow on it and along side of the trail is bare ice with skiffs of shallow snow and truck tire tracks.

Sadly is isn't the typical blinding white out with snow everywhere.

We still have no dammm snow up here rooster, it's sad I tell ya.

Not much here either. The Old Timers Run is in a couple of weeks. Won't be too many sleds on that if things don't change soon. They will still have the old sled show etc. though. Are you coming down for it again this year?

If there was snow, I could be talked into it.

But it would be a tossup, sno-jet or ski dozer?

What to bring?

confused

Where did you see the pictures of Bob's bomber? We heard they were on the internet, but I haven't been able to find them. Bob's wife.

I should of took a pic. this morning i drove right by it...it was gone when i came back off the lake...i hope it wasnt to bad...

Where did you see the pictures of Bob's bomber? We heard they were on the internet, but I haven't been able to find them. Bob's wife.

Wife had the camera pointed at it but the camera was set on timer and she ended up with a picture of her feet or something lol!!

We were at the springsteel crack and saw bob cross in a suburban then one of the bommers crossed (both coming off)

The injured rig was parked on shore side of the crack.

I've seen no pics on the internet.

Hope it aint too serious, I hate to see an awesome rig like that broken.

Ive been home, Its ok, I dont mind being laid off, but my wife took a new job an she now works outa the home, cry I'm scared dave, I dont know wat to do. I cant hide, i cant ignore the cell, I cant sleep in. I have to sneak on the forum an wen she walks by a qucikly grab the dust rag an pretend Im cleaning. Help, send word, Ill hold out for a little while longer. Boar

I'll send a draft notice to the house, call you away for war.

War on Walleyes?

Do you think that would work?

the crack pushed up big time today ...had to pull a blazer off the ridge(hung-up)..... they moved the crossing but it didnt look to good..hopfully this weather cools off so the crack will settle down.... fishing has slowwed alot

Well bummer, twas nice while it lasted and you could go about anywhere.

Wonder what it did down near Swift?

2dog, once over the crack at the island it's pretty smooth sailing out there.

Looked like a crack/ridge runs from the S-tip pretty much straight easterly out towards Whiskey and then to ?? who knows.

From where I was it looked like there were vehicles fishing Whiskey on either side of that crack though so there may be a way to get across it somewhere out there ??

the crack runs on the north side of whisky(bout were the border is)is very thin yet....a guy i know pulled a house across with wheeler and the wheeles of the house broke thru..... then bob walked up to it and hit it with his chisel and it when right thru if you stay on the south side of it you should be ok..its croweded out at whisky and i seen a few houses leaving that area today... springsteel has there houses bout quarter mile from whisky...