• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
koWALLEYEski

Zipple Bay Reports

koWALLEYEski

Hows the fishing going?

Jimmy from Cottage Grove

I just got back today. Fished Friday, Saturday, Sunday and this morning. Probably the worst trip I have ever had up there. The morning bite was spotty and then just absolutely shut off. Three guys 18 keepers in three and a half days.

Walleye Inn

Two of us fished sat , sun and monday til 10 caught 118 used 4 scoops of minnows a great time with my son, no big ones but nice 15 to 18"ers 30 ft by the pressure ridge pink charmer gold and glow and red glow were best morning was best but caught some all day

CJH

pink charmer gold and glow and red glow were best

What is that? Have the "stop signs" and various other spoons/jigs.

Jimmy from Cottage Grove

Those were the exact lures we had on all weekend. I killed them on the pink gold and white last weekend. We were right by the pressure ridge too, only about 29 feet of water though. I guess we were just in the wrong place this weekend!!

Jimmy from Cottage Grove

They are made by tomstackle check them out on there website, you can also get them at most bait shops in the baudette area

Time2Play

On my way home from a four day weekend up there. Friday through Sunday we were a zippel in one of their sleepers. 29' of water, probably 100' from the pressure ridge. 3 of us caught 147. Most were. Nice size sauger. We tried shallow a few different times with most of the walleye being on the smaller side. Pink/gold stop sign, glow red angel eye, and pink/gold macho minnow were the best jigs. Went out of Adrian's road today. We worked 18' in the morning with some success, moved out to 32' with not even a fish marked for 1.5 hours. After lunch we spent a good hour to find fish before setting up and did great in the afternoon. 172 fish for 3 guys in 4 days. One of the better trips I have had in a few years.....

Jimmy from Cottage Grove

How far down lindy street from the turn off main were you walleye? Do you know if you can get over that ice heave yet?

fisherman-andy

Stayed over a 2 day this past weekend. We had a 25ft deep day/ 15ft shallow evening 4 man house package. learned the lesson to bring a generator next time. The shallow bite was non-existent aside a couple tiny saugers/walleyes. We caught all our fish in 20ft-30ft water.

It was pretty slow in the houses where the warmth was and we ended braving the cold just to find fish. We iced maybe 60+ or so fish, less than half keepers.

Walleye Inn

Jimmy. we were about half way down from main if you go tto far it gets shallow again and we were in 30 ft to top of ice. I did see some resort houses out on the other side of heve on monday looks like ya have to go way west to get across. would be nice to get to some virgin water on that side!! good luck and be careful around the ice heave it looke open in the middle about 2ft wide.

teamwaterfowl

walleye inn i was up there thou sunday aswell and was not far form you i seen your house on my way out going back up tomorrow for the day i seen there going down and around the ice rige they must be looking for fresh ice and active fish!

good luck on the ice

Jimmy from Cottage Grove

Thanks Walleye. Are you heading up this weekend? I will be up there Friday morning. I was about 200 yards around the corner from lindy and about 200 yards from the heave. I seen the resort bring a bridge past on Sunday afternoon. So I was assuming they were planning on getting over that heave.

Walleye Inn

not quite sure yet as I have been up last 2 weekends but had good luck both times maybe a 3- peat? Jimmy if possible throw a report on here friday around noon would be awesome. thanks would be nice to hit the hso get together at igloo for a short break on sat.Terry

BIGD2360

We were fished out of Zipple New Years and ice was 14" any report on current thickness. Heading up Saturday.

eyeowegian

Ill be able to tell ya in a couple hours!

BIGD2360

any snow on the ground to measure for sled...1"-2"-3" ?

jerkbait

any snow on the ground to measure for sled...1"-2"-3" ?

About that

boec0020

Fished Jan 13-16 and had good luck. 26'-29' produced for me. Color didn’t seem to matter as long as you kept jigging.

eyedawg

Waiting for the report eyeowegian?????

eyeowegian

Sorry, we were busy all day rippin lips!! Looks like about 18-20 inches. Out in 30' and got 4 limits...we'll be eating fish for the next 3 days to make room in the bucket!! This is the best fishing we have had here. Nothing huge..biggest was 18.5. only got 4 keeper eyes all the rest saugers. Im guessing we caught around 50 or 60 today..4 guys.

Dewski

On Tuesday we setup on the shoreside of the ice heave, about 27fow. 7 of us caught 8 fish, just enough to compliment the chili that evening. On Wednesday we went to the other side of the ice heave, over 30fow. The 7 of us went home with 2 walleye and 5 sauger each. It was a good day.

Bret A. Hanson