• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
bobdog

BorderView?

bobdog

Me and a group of friends heading to Borderview next weekend. we have never fished the east part of the lake. Anything different on that side we should about? Lures? Bait? Lure colors? Anything would be helpful. ?Thank you

bturck

CHECK WITH CHARTERBOSS/FOXY WHEN YOU SGN IN. HE WILL BE MORE THT HAPPY TO GIVE YOU THE STRAIGHT INFOMRATION. HE KNOWS THE LAKE WELL AND WILL CERTAINLY STEER YOU IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION. THEY RUN A GOOD RESORST AND FISHING BUSINESS THERE....TELL HIM BTURCK SAID HI. GOOD LOUCK

bigtimeelectric

bobdog, good luck this weekend, we are heading up to borderview in a couple weeks. We have a 6 man day house, I was wondering how big that house is? Looking forward to it sounds like the bite has been great so far this season. Thinking the ice is getting thick enough where they will be venturing out a ways.

tipupsonly

Those are nice houses. They are either 8' or 10' by 16' I believe. They have a heater on each end. If you want they will split you up into 2 of the 4 man houses I am sure.

bigtimeelectric

sounds great. they would split us up, but we all want to fish together. I was just wondering if 6 large adults would fit comftorbly.thanks

bobdog

Thanks to everyone with advice. I also hope the houses are fair sized we have 2 6 man day houses and we are all pretty good sized guys. well any day one the lake is better than being at work. Good luck to all.

engfish

Border View has always been one of my favorite places to go for ice fishing. First tip--bring your own stuff. If you get your choice of holes, go to the northwest corner of the house. Stay out of the east side if at all possible. You may have to draw for positions on Day 2. Gold is always a good color on LOTW. Pink and white is another favorite. Buckshot Rattl'n spoons, Macho Minnow, Swedish pimples have all produced. I caught my biggest LOTW walleye (28") out of Border View on a bobber line with a pink hook. Bring electronics. If you mark fish up high, bring your line up and jig for them. The walleyes will suspend on LOTW. Jig during the middle of the day. It's usually slow over lunch time, but we caught some of our nicest fish (walleyes)during the middle of the day. Don't worry about getting out there when it's still dark. LOTW walleyes keep bankers' hours. I was a doubter at first, but it's true. Eelpout love the early morning and the late afternoon. Most memorable fish was a 48" sturgeon that circled every line in the house before it finally came through the hole with the back side of the hole skimmer. You're going to have a great time.

Scoot

Yep, Engfish pretty well nailed it! My dad always says there are three colors to use on LOW- gold, gold, and gold.

I haven't been at Borderview for a while, but we've always been happy with them in the past.

Good luck, have fun, and bring a camera so you can show us how much fun you had!

Trout26

Me and 3being other guys rented s sleeper from border view the 2,3,4 of January had a good time caught about 200 fish. Pink was the best color for us we fished all night I caught walleye at 8pm we caught 3 nice ones at 1 am one was 22 inches but the best bite was during the day.

bigtimeelectric

bobdog hoping that you post tour report from the weekend

bobdog

Well we made it back late last night from the big pond. The roads were awful and it was still snowing. iI guess we just got a little spoiled with no real snow yet this winter. The fishing was slow at best I have never seen it that slow up there before. I only had 3 bites total on saturday noting on the ice for me. It wasn't for lack of trying. I tried every lure under the sun. But that is fishing. The group as a whole had poor luck with the fish. As for BorderView Resort it was awesome! The resort the staff the cabins were all great! I have stayed at many of resorts in Minnesota and North Dakota. I have to say this might be the best one! I have never seen a resort where everyone there tried to help in anyway they possible can. We ha a tough fishing the first day they put us in different house the next day. Not a easy task when there is a group of 12 fisherman. I have never seen a resort that went out of their way in all aspects of your stay to keep a person happy. Their staff stops by the houses all day long making sure everything is alright. My only complaint was that at 4:30 pm they came and took ur bait and picked up your fish. Then you had to be out of the house by 5:00 pm. We were just starting to get some bites in all of our houses. I know we rented day houses but we drove out the houses so nobody had to wait for us. We wanted to fish another hour or so just catch some fish and we had to leave. With all that said the way it sounds after talking to the whole group we are going back to BorderView Resort next year for our annual group trip. I would recommend this resort to anyone needing a awesome place to stay and fish. Just wondering if anyone has done BorderView's late ice pike tip up fishing? A few of us want to try it? We have always done it by Warroad unguided. Thank You to all! Good fishing to all!

bigtimeelectric

bobdog, thanks for posting, sounds like your group had a good time. Did you have to follow the bomber in at 5pm? how do you find your icehouse? is there signs or do you caravan?gps? how were the houses?I see on there report their houses are out 7-9 miles.