• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

technical questions.

ok.. where? here? im over here, are u over there, Iwas there but couldnt find you, are u there or over there, or near here? let us know how ur doing over there.

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• northerndave

• Boar

• Twisted

• WhiskeyPete

I'm south of where you saw me last Saturday before I went south and you didn't see me, but I limited out and that's why you don't see me now. I'm there again. confused

Don't freeze out there, -29.5 for a low last night on the house thermometer, currently -28.1 at 5:43AM

They're just like shiners. They work great frozen too. I don't think the bait shops carry frozen shiners, so you'll have to make your own! sick

does that mean you need bring a freezer with you? Right now I have so much stuff to bring out thanks to the advice on this thread I am investigating purchasing a semi tractor trailer rig. Will the ice be thick enough for my new rig, or should I just weld 50 gallon drums all around to help it float.

They're flooding the ice with a pump at Springsteel like on Ice Road Truckers. You might have enough for a semi by the end of February. That should give you at least a week of driveable ice for your rig!

New plan with the reefer trailer Twisted. I am going to fill it half full of purified tap water, throw a mess of live walley in there and freeze the top 10". I will have the first indoor ice fishing arena in the area. Figure I can go head to head with the igloo if I get a few of Dave's extensions to use in there

I'm currently seeking investors for this adventure. Any takers?

I don't know if this is a dumb question, but could you stock salmon, I've always wanted to catch one over by springsteel.

northerndave,

I was wondering how many psi do you guys run in your trakcs up there? I was up last weekend and mine on my ranger seemed kinda flat compared to others. Could it just be that the side walls on mine are not as thick or maybe a lower profile? Any insight would be confusing me less!! Thanks! crazy

I can't seem to find any live salmon in the area, and obviously I'm going to break the law if I transport them in.

I can do canned salmon though, heck tuna and herring will be a possibility as well. I'm thinking if we sink a few cans to the bottom of the trailer, and tie magnets to our lines instead of gummy bears, we will get the full fishing experience too. And being there is a steel floor in the trailer, it will be a challenge keeping the magnet from sticking to the floor instead of to the canned fish. Much like fishing the reefs, or weed beds.

I hear Babblers road is open to trucks now, does that mean I can pull my 53' indoor fishing arena out to Gull Rock then?

P.S. I am still awaiting some investors. PM me and I will instruct you on where to mail the checks to. I am going to limit this great oppurtunity to the first 10 people that want in, first come first serve. So don't hesitate or this once in a life time chance will slip away. smile

I can't seem to find any live salmon in the area, and obviously I'm going to break the law if I transport them in.

I can do canned salmon though, heck tuna and herring will be a possibility as well. I'm thinking if we sink a few cans to the bottom of the trailer, and tie magnets to our lines instead of gummy bears, we will get the full fishing experience too. And being there is a steel floor in the trailer, it will be a challenge keeping the magnet from sticking to the floor instead of to the canned fish. Much like fishing the reefs, or weed beds.

I hear Babblers road is open to trucks now, does that mean I can pull my 53' indoor fishing arena out to Gull Rock then?

P.S. I am still awaiting some investors. PM me and I will instruct you on where to mail the checks to. I am going to limit this great oppurtunity to the first 10 people that want in, first come first serve. So don't hesitate or this once in a life time chance will slip away. smile

...BUT WAIT

For a limited time you get this set of knives FREE!

Ha! Ha! Ha!

If you will barter so i do not need to send a check, I get get you some whole, round, frozen tuna (yellowfin--Ahi). They are frozen as soon as caught, so you might be able to revive them. What size would you like? i have a friend out on 2 week trip right now and could give him a call. I suppose they are available from 25lbs to around 200lbs. Shipping might cost a bit, but, this is, after fishing--so cost is no object!

Want any wahoo or mahi?

Hold on spicoli, Your ice fishing arena, Boars daycare minnow corral, combine the two? see where this can go, Yea, yea, now were talkin" We can partner up an an clean house. whaoo can feed em' frozen tuna an gummy bears.

spicoli were di send the check I want in on this. I think you are on to something with this. there is money to be made here.Access fees,auger rentals of course extensions would be extra, The huge mark up on gummy bears. you could offer half or full day guided trips to those special spots in the trailer that only a few no about.

New plan with the reefer trailer Twisted. I am going to fill it half full of purified tap water, throw a mess of live walley in there and freeze the top 10". I will have the first indoor ice fishing arena in the area. Figure I can go head to head with the igloo if I get a few of Dave's extensions to use in there

I'm currently seeking investors for this adventure. Any takers?

What are you thinking for price rates to rent a hole or two?

If I go outside to go pee, are you going to charge me to get back in the trailer?

whistle

I just want to know if I should wear a diaper or not?

grin

Well, it seems that a pass is a one time use only in some cases. But I think in the arena we will just have a public access and a tip jar.

Boar, I like the idea of the minnow corral/indoor arena, I suppose we can explore adding a divider in the trailer to keep the contaminated minnow water away from the purified fishing water. I know Twisted has a nice welder, I would guess he could assist in adding the wall. Hey Northern Dave, you have any of the special blue water left? I'd prefer that is was fresh, and not used/strained. Maybe we could use that for the minnow end, apparently the blue water works well for minnows.

As far as where to send the checks, maybe it would be easiest if you just sent them to the fed gov't so that they could re-distribute the funds as they see fit, seems that is what happens to most of my income anyway smile

Can I just send my money directly to a professional stay home multi daddy baby mama of my choice? (PSHMDBM)

Or perhaps to a solar panel company?

Anybody know of a good union raped company I can help bail out?

This is very difficult, you are right spicoli, I'll just send it to the government because they are the best at spending our money on things that are more important than we are.

I don't have the imagination or the creativity to compete with the eccentric spending habits of the US government, best leave it to the professionals.

Say, you aren’t trying to stir up a blue minnow water debate are you?

I once bought a bag of shiners all jacked up on that blue water and they not only stayed hyper for 2 days of fishing but they stayed alive out in my garage into the next weekend of fishing.

But I was later informed by a certain non blue water believer that I was mistaken and this did not happen.

grin

curiousity got me, you guys were talking about the blue water and I wanted to test the effects on myself, the blue water was surprisingly refreshing, I believe it must be a combo of blue/raz Hi-C with a touch of aqua-valva, I didn't notice a difference in my behavior, myth busted, only looks pretty and tastes kinda good.

Oh ye non-believer.

It has an accumulative affect. To properly test the blue water you need to continually process the blue water thru your body. A sort of recycle if you will.

Sorry but that is how it works. grin