• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

technical questions.

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• northerndave

• Boar

• Twisted

• WhiskeyPete

Oh my goodness, those are beautiful.

No I meant V-bar chains, but only because I didn't know about the bear claw chains.

I need some of these bear claw chains for my plow truck.

Have had more trouble than usual getting the bite to turn on, and it shuts off unexpectedly. Should I check the mercury switch first? Or is the bite getting too hot causing the overload to trip?

I would check to make sure all the wiring in the mercury switch is intact. Then I would inspect the switch for careless painting incidences as dried paint will affect the performance, wet paint is OK if it's lead paint but not latex. Also, make sure the switch isn't directly over the bite, it won't affect the switches operating ability BUT may cause premature wear. 2c

Have had more trouble than usual getting the bite to turn on, and it shuts off unexpectedly. Should I check the mercury switch first? Or is the bite getting too hot causing the overload to trip?

try switching out the mercury switch for a proximity switch. that should fix your problem. For some reason the Engineering department screwed the pooch on this one and some didn't get the recall notice.

Good call on the prox switch.

Normally I'd go photo eye, but LOW water is way too dirty for that.

I'd also plead with everyone to hold off with turning the bite on until the ice gets better.

No sense in turning it on too soon.

Somethings I just cant control dave when I turn the bite on, thats it. Its go time, but maybe if switched the polarity I can revese the bite. Yeah I think tha will work, when the bite is on its really isnt an when the bite is off is really on. But only I will know cause i switched the polarity. I can let you know if you want.

How about the unexpected bite shut off? Is having gold contacts causing the bite to get too hot? Any recommendations on what to do about the over limit relay kicking the bite off? I hate manually resetting that thing. mad

Oh, almost forgot, any mods to the proximity switch? And if modified any additional dnr regs I need to follow?

oh yes, as with anything the DNR allows, its heavily regulated. Check the latest bite turning on hand book which was last printed in 2009. but remember the state, at its descresion can modifiy and change the regulations at any time with or without advanced notification.

Somethings I just cant control dave when I turn the bite on, thats it. Its go time, but maybe if switched the polarity I can revese the bite. Yeah I think tha will work, when the bite is on its really isnt an when the bite is off is really on. But only I will know cause i switched the polarity. I can let you know if you want.

You have to make sure what your switch is. Normally open or normally closed. You want normally open for when the bite is off and normally closed to turn it on.... or is it the other way around? It usually takes me a day of not catching fish to figure it out.

I wired my old house for a 3 way switch so I could turn the bite on from either end. That was so confusing, sometimes up was on, sometimes down was on... I was really hard to tell, if you didn't have patience you'd be accidentally turning it off and on and not giving it enough time.

having a relay would correct the propble when the bite comes in hot, buts its acctualy cold, by having the relay switch to facing north in a west wind would cancle out any interference from cold bite(bite is off) then you can adjust accordinly, I do by putting the beer can in a safe place so's not to be spilt over wen adjusting oneself for the of bite which is on when the relay is facing west. but it must be a can bottles dont work an an acctually cause interference in the relay switch

Good call on the prox switch.

Normally I'd go photo eye, but LOW water is way too dirty for that.

I'd also plead with everyone to hold off with turning the bite on until the ice gets better.

No sense in turning it on too soon.

Maybe photo eye mounted on top pointed up would work since bite shuts off at night.

Did upgrade from old mechanical over limit relay to electronic as not affected by ambient temperature.

Can I rig a LED light in line with the proximity switch and use it as a bite locator? Maybe red yellow green led's indicator series. How do you filter out when the kids get a major case of the munchies? Oh boy gotta wire that up tonight.

I am conducting a communication experiment with a fantastically eccentric monologue displayed here in the forums as "ripping lipps on LOTW"

I think the interweb is alive and trying to communicate with us, or it is possibly an alien life form of some sort throwing random letters and words at us in hopes of communicating.

Just a shout out to my boy UnStopableTrain she is waiting US! it just wants to be in primetime mode! holla@yoboy son! all i see is colder weather!!! every storm runs out or rain! here comes the southern minnesota fattys! na na style!

holla

Going for lunch soon, going to try to keep it under 80 bites for sure.

I got the idea from your app above here ^^^.

The key to weight loss is to take bigger bites.

I'm going to see if I can eat my lunch in 2 or less bites today.

I'm going to eat like that from now on.

What's on the menu for lunch? Teflon pancakes? That's the nice thing about teflon pancakes, no bites required.

for those of you that took your boats out in the water crack yesterday. Don't forget to drain your livewell and pull your plug. Don't want to get any of that infested water on the nice clean ice

Dave I understand that language Ive studied it for about 35 years. 2000 says he's watching jena jameson, she is a very pretty girl an would like to date her but he is currently in another relationship an for now is content with it. Sometimes they fight an it gets heated (storm) so they roll a dubie an make up.

Your translation was prety close.

You said I used to get the munchies real bad after digging stumps. but really like the wallmarts great value brand of flour for deep frying popcicles. Yippie!

Keep working on it your getting close.

I thought it was Boolean, but I'm not so good with computer language.

Nor have I had the pleasure of long meaningful conversations with the Boolie people.

But, "Sky bread unimog", "Teflon pancake" and "Feel my dog?", now that's a language I understand.

I wonder if they would let me use that airboat in the other Boolean thread?

I know this may not seem like a technical question, but hang with me... whats the water clarity like this year?? hopefully theres a few jabbers out there that have some recent testimony, we talking ice tea or chocolate milk(2%).

I am curious about this as well. I think the DNR might have the info we're looking for. One of the officers even went as far as going into the water a year ago to get the info. They sure are dedicated.

Burb what kinda question is that, this is real stuff here, we dont have time for such silly questions like water clarity, but if you must presist, one of our technisions will assist you shortly, please lsten to teh music while ur party is being reached. DANT... DADA DANT... DADA DANT...BADIDEEDIDEWHOO....DANT..DADA DANT..DADA DANT.. BADIDEEDIDEWHOO..WELL IM BACK IN BLACK I HIT THE SACK.. an so on....