• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

technical questions.

Zima? I grew up on the stuff

A jolly rancher in the bottle and after a half dozen you are dancing in the bonfire

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• northerndave

• Boar

• Twisted

• WhiskeyPete

Wasn't it "zima"?

or something such?

I think zena was the warrior princess...

Yeah I'll take one of those please.

grin

The ice fishing season is upon us, couple of quick questions that have to be answered annually. I know these are repeats but I gotta ask cause every year is different.

1) when will the resorts let people start walking out? When they let people walk out will I get a speeding ticket if I run?

2) Did Richard sell Babblers?

3) Did Ricahrd change his phone number?

4) How thick's the ice, do I need to bring my extension yet?

5) Do you think gold colored jigs might work?

6) Are the mud minnows running and if so what direction? Gotta know so I can decide if I should bring hooks that curve up to the left or curve up to the right.

Thanks in advance for your thoughtfull insight.

I heard the water is dirty this year so obviously pink/glow with the hook curving up and right (looking from behind the jig head).

Richard sold to Boar, boar doesn't believe in cell phones, use the force to call him.

Running on walk out ice conditions is prohibited. Running for tip up flags during walk out conditions is legal 1/2 hr before sunrise to 1/2 hr after sunset. People born after 1982 will have to show proof of ice runner safety training. Youth fishers ages 10 to 12 can legally run during legal ice running hours if tethered to a licensed adult fisher born before 1982 or having certification for ice runner safety training.

You should ALWAYS bring an extension.

Mud minnow run is over, they ran east by south east, inverted.

I put big mud tires on my lawn mower this summer and the blades were about 12" off the ground. I used one auger extension for each blade to get them closer to the grass. I'm too lazy to take the extensions off my lawn mower now. Do you think it's worth it to buy another one for my auger or can I make it without?

On a totally unrelated topic..... I put little tiny slicks on my other lawn mower this summer and the blades were digging in the grass. I used one auger reducer...... awe nevermind.....

"if tethered to a licensed adult fisher"

Oh LOL my cheeks are hurting now.

That would keep the Lil' fishers from dropping into the big ten inch holes though.

Well I just heard the DNR has declared muskeg bay an intensive harvest area due to a netting study that yielded a walleye.... that tested positive for Bovine TB.

Awe... sonofa... crazy

So, no limit on walleyes and saugers in muskeg bay. You can take your normal legal combo limit plus you can purchase disease management tags (unlimited) for 21 cents each (plus issuing fees it ends up 25 cents total). Disease management permits are unlimited. Registration and testing stations will be set up at various locations from rocky pt to springsteel. Registration and testing is mandatory.

The DNR has also hired scuba snipers to help bring the walleye sauger population down in the disease management area.

This is just my luck, first my deer hunting area, now my fishing area....

Stupid bovines, Stupid TB, gosh I'm mad now.

I'm selling tiny ziplock bags as I understand it's mandatory to submit a tiny portion of brain matter, and one tiny sharp tooth for testing.

Tiny fish brain/tooth bags run $0.03/ea. US. $7.95 Canadian. You may buy them in bulk, or individually if you aren't very good at catching fish.

Dave just heard tha the DNR has just opened up the Desiesed managed area to lottery draw, I applied an was wondering how many pellets it takes to put down the big fish. Im using 250 grain shock waves now, but due to earn a fish alot of smaller ones must be culled an have appropriate tags afixed to them, dont think i need 250 gr, but do you know of an all around slug to use for walleye

How long does it take the day shift people to catch up on all of the various topics when they get home and turn on the HSO station? Heaven forbid missing a day or two.

How long does it take the day shift people to catch up on all of the various topics when they get home and turn on the HSO station? Heaven forbid missing a day or two.

It really depends on whether or not a tree in the forest makes noise when it falls if no one is around.

if nobody is in the forest, but sets an audio recorder to record the noise when it falls, will there still be a noise?

if nobody is in the forest, but sets an audio recorder to record the noise when it falls, will there still be a noise?

Would that be like shooting one of those radio controlled fake deer? Sounds like a sticky situation to me.

I saw a tree fall in the forest once but I was like totally invisible, camo'd up and soaking wet with scent blocker. Plus I had the scent block underwear, cough silencer and a butt out tool.

There was no way the forest knew I was there.

Trust me, they make sound when they fall.

Not what you would expect though.

Yeah, remember when the general lee would jump a river or something? And the duke boys always made that same long "Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee-Haaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwww!"

That's what sound they make when they fall, but that's not the weird part. Weird part is when they lay there laughing and then they get back up like nothing ever happened.

That's what happens when they don't think there's anyone around to see or hear them.

Boar, I use jim shocky loose powder and split shot sinkers for walleye.

Double O split shots.

OK... we got the easy question out of the way, now...

How long does it take the day shift people to catch up on all of the various topics when they get home and turn on the HSO station?

OK... we got the easy question out of the way, now...

How long does it take the day shift people to catch up on all of the various topics when they get home and turn on the HSO station?

I'm not the kinda guy that'll just make up an answer if I don't know for sure.

It's not easy to admit, but I don't know the answer to this one.

I’m only guessing when I say it’s likely to be measured in minutes rather than inches.

Pure speculation.

I'm not the kinda guy that'll just make up an answer if I don't know for sure.

It's not easy to admit, but I don't know the answer to this one.

I’m only guessing when I say it’s likely to be measured in minutes rather than inches.

Pure speculation.

I don't know the entire answer either, but I do know 100% for sure its not measured in minutes. its measured in kilograms

Well if you're on REA it's expensive. Those city slickers get a stupid break. Catching up on one page runs me big bucks!

I really didn't mean to stick it to the Canadians with the Bovine TB fish brain/tooth bags...my smart phone just tells me that's the current exchange rate.

Is my smart phone smarter than I am? Dumb phone. I hate smart phones!

I might have got that tree/forest story mixed up with something I saw in an Okinawan sake bar in the early 90's.... I know I was invisible, something big fell and said "Yeeeeeeee-Haaaaawww!" And I distinctly remember the flavor of coleman fuel....

Hmmm...

Yeah I'm pretty sure I told the story right the first time.

Well, it took me this dayshifter 20 minuets to go thru the post from lunch break just got back from the chiro practor so catch up isnt that bad, I just whish the chiro practro wouldnt give me CPR everytime I go in, I breath better whne im done but dont think its nessessary.

Just catching up on the latest posts as I had a pretty busy day. I'm still having problems with plugged injectors on the diesel auger and after reading Twisted's lawn mower post the brain got working. I took the wheels off an old Dodge Neon and mounted them on my lawnmower. Put a set of chains on for traction. Dropped the lawn blades off the deck and mounted a couple of shortened augers in their place. Had to rework the deck height adjustment but with some fiddling I was able to change it from a 6 inch adjustment to a 30 inch adjustment. Switched out the gears in the rear-end and I am now able to get a top end speed of 38 MPH. The last step was installing a hitch that is offset 4 foot from center. I now have the ultimate early ice hole hopping rig. I just simply hook up my Otter behind the mower, drive to my spot, engage the blade drive, drop the deck which lowers the augers through the ice, raise them back up, disengage the blade drive, pull ahead until the Otter is setting next to the two new holes and start fishing! I think it is good to go but welcome any other suggested modifications you may have before I go test it out.