• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

technical questions.

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• northerndave

• Boar

• Twisted

• WhiskeyPete

I we were to place large super magnets on the four points of the lake that will create a positive presure reaction on your track thus canceling out the solar flares due to tectonic alignment on the floor of the lake, the drift of the ice sheet will also cease moving because the ozone layer in the ice has nuetralized itself with high cabonate concentrate of nuerotoxins in the secretion layer. Boar

I was thinking of mounting one of those magnets on my front bumper so the constant pull would greatly increase my mileage while going forward.

If the magnet was big enough I could prolly just shift into "N" & let it pull me around the lake! I would just have to operate the turning wheel.

A person has to think outside the box with the high gas prices these days.

I would be affraid that with the 4 magnets set strategicaly on the lake, that if you were to mount the magnet on ur bumber u'd be pulled apart in 4 directions, but then u would have 4 places to go.

Not sure if the resort access fees apply to lunar magnetic pull on track vehicles, I think under subdivion 4 paragraph 2 line 36 of chapeter 110, page 2, and i quote "All track vehicles are subject to validation of the licensing upon inspection of varification on cadilidic emisions proposed under magnetic pull from all 4 poles of placed said intersts of objects placed under scrutinized observence of those witnessed by the state of MN shall be null en void." So I think twisted is ok, thats how i read it any way, I could be wrong let me know, boar

First of all, ND and Twisted...we work in the same frickin' building and you couldn't tell me about this thread before it was 28 pages long? Although you seem to have done an excellent job in providing technical assisstance, so I won't go back and re-hash every topic. However this magnet question begs for my input. You guys have been way over thinking it. Now this will require either getting Dave's long handled ice scoop back from the DNR or constructing a new, but once you have one, you duct tape it to the roof of the machine, you know through the windows and over the top...like hauling a new mattress home from the landfill...anyway, once you have tree or four rolls used up, you tie your....follow me here....electromagnet to the other end with some baler twine and old speaker wire from Dave's Roadrunner. Naturally the electromagnet will be powered by your typical roof mounted wind turbine. So now you're set up to basically make the fat kid run by tying a Twinkie on a string to his head....are ya with me? The beauty is you also don't have to set up right by Gull Rock with your turbine and can still sell some power, and you have some extra wire for getting the speaker past 28' if you need too. Hope I posted this in time for the weekend. How deep are going? What color is hot? Hey Twisted, did you get an extension for that "secret auger". Good luck y'all

Wow that makes me sound dumb! So simply but yet so complex. I need to work with u guys. Where do i get a app. is this to be centraly located at gull? An where do ya mount the siccle header. Oh I wana be the fat kid, i need work.

I forgot to mention....If you want to go in reverse, you just twist the turbine belt like you would when you want a cooling unit to provide heat. Viola, your electromagnet, turns into an anti-electromagnet and you're checking the rearview for burbot ball players.

I wooda just flipped the magnet around backwards so it pushes instead of pulls.

But I suppose there are many ways to skin that cat.

More about the bottle neck threads actually...

Does anybody else remeber exactly what I was thinking?

I'm sure it was a good question...

Speaking of, would a cap off of a bottle of Grain Belt Premium, screw on to a bottle of Molson?? OR do those crazy Canadiens use metric threads on their beer bottles too?

I will do the work to get to the bottom of this mystery, if I can get some volunteers to send me the required supplies.

Yes, they are metric. And don't forget if you are drinking British beer, you have to twist the cap in the opposite direction. One time I broke the necks and cut the cr ap out of my lips drinking seven of them. Thank God that one finally got me smart enough (or maybe it was the blood loss)to twist the 8th one backwards or people would of maybe made fun of me.

I kmow that teeth are not a very good way to remove them, but the chicks dig it. An after removing far to many with ur teeth, a person has the tendency to bite off more than recomended resulting in a very bloody mouth with lots of chick gathering around you to see if your ok. Wat if your Aquadextrious, beer is mostly water an I dont know if I have been opening them correctly.

I heard somewhere that they are opposite in the southern hemispere, but I can never remember which is which. Hold on, I bet it's the same as the toilet bowl water. I need to check into this one more....

I tested my toilet water for left or right swirl.... but it didn't swirl at all.

It just filled up with water and overflowed onto the floor.

Does anyone know of a software program or website that could be used to predict the formation and future thickness of ice and depth of snow? I'd like to be able to input the current ice thickness and snow depth as well as the current and extended weather forecasts for both temperature and snow fall. Output would be a table showing future dates and predicted thickness. This could also be shown on a chart or graph. I could probably do it in excel, but I can't find the function that contains the algorithm needed.

Right now, I just need a tool that will tell me the date I should plan to install the cumbersome extension for the auger. Would be cool if I can input my auger length so I don't need to do any manual calculations. I could simply print a graph showing the days that an extension is needed.

Others might also want to know the best day to snowmobile based on snow depth, or the date we will be able to use boats again, etc etc. If this program doesn't exist already, I see a huge potential for someone with some programming knowledge.

Any of you have smartphones? Is there an app for that?