• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Pool 4 Last Weekend

Did well on both smallies and walleyes. Fish were coming on both lindy rigs with livebait and #7 Lindy Shadlings. Depth was again all over the place from 6 to 20 feet. Speeds were all over the place also. The fish are biting but very spread out. I have been covering water with the cranks and then slowing down and rigging once I find a pod of fish.

Here are some pics.

full-5564-10711-2011_07_22_07_14_19_129.

full-5564-10712-2011_07_24_08_17_11_45.j

full-5564-10713-2011_07_22_09_25_19_535.

Nice job, it sounds like you had a good day on the water. Were you fishing on Pepin or up towards the dam?

Thanks for the report

We were roaming around both in the lake and the river over the course of the weekend. Had quite a few catfish hitting the cranks also.

mw

we are going tomorrow to Lake Pepin to see if we can catch a few fish also. I have never fished the river this time of year, but if we don't find them, we will try it the river.

were you fishing deep shad raps # 7 or something shallower? catfish on cranks would be fun too.

Thanks

I have been primarily been trolling #7 Lindy Shadlings in Redtail flavor. These have been my top producing crankbait since Memorial Weekend. We actually did a show with these a couple weeks back. It should be up here soon. For live bait we have been using leeches crawlers and willowcats. Every day they seem to want something different.

mw

I should also add that I just ordered ordered a bunch of the new River Rocker crankbaits. I hope they make it here by the weekend. If not I might have to pick a few up before I hit the water this weekend.

mw

Had a small hatch about a week ago but haven't had "THE BIG ONE" yet. The BIG ONE is where the city has to literally pull out the winter plow trucks to clear the high bridge in RW.

• 4 weeks later...