• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

were you in a boat? or it that sand bar not under yet?

hopefully they have the barge secured good. the city guys were down there with the road closed signs already.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pureinsanity

• DTro

• Scott K

• Gordie

Looks like bowhunting will be the activity of choice instead of fishing the river this fall frown

Correction. Bow fishing for deer crossing the river...

Travel is getting a little tricky around here. Hwy 93 into Lesueur is closed, CR 28 into Lesueur is closed, Henderson 93 to the south is closed, HWY 19 to the east, and CR 6 to the North is closed. The only way in or out is HWY 19 to the west. In St Peter HWY 169 south to Mankato is closed, HWY 22 South to Mankato is closed, HWY 99 to Lecenter to the east is closed, Hwy 169 North bound to Lesueur is down to 1 lane now.

The water is at about 736 right now, and they just upped the prediction to 738.2 from 736.5.

That is about a foot higher then it was this spring. That should take 5th all time.

I am glad I won't have to cross the river this week. That sounds bad.

Still coming up quite a bit. I see guys are still getting out fishing though.

full-34836-1470-0926001611.jpg

sounds good about the walleyes. I think that I will wait for the water to drop a little to help eliminate some back waters and other areas.

Are there any areas a person should look out for (as far a logs, sand bars or other hazzards) up stream from chaska to say Carver? Thanks for your help, just not used to boating on the river, any information is appreciated.

sounds good about the walleyes. I think that I will wait for the water to drop a little to help eliminate some back waters and other areas.

Are there any areas a person should look out for (as far a logs, sand bars or other hazzards) up stream from chaska to say Carver? Thanks for your help, just not used to boating on the river, any information is appreciated.

I would not suggest boating on the river right now if you are not already used to it. Will be lot of floating logs to worry about. If you do drop an anchor, keep an eye upstream at all times...a floating tree can easily sink an anchored boat.

Even the most experienced river boaters with a jet can have an issue or two out there right now. HaHa grin

The river is screamin right now, and I don't expect any relief for at least a couple of weeks. We saw some big floaters last night. Some got out of our way and others didn't. LOL

As far as things to look for between Chaska and Carver, the only thing that is a constant is the Trestle bridge in Carver, that can get a little hairy with all the logs jammed up there. Other than that, you are good to go. Specific logs find new homes all the time and it is something you ALWAYS need to be on the lookout for. Best advice it to just take off and go that way really fast, if something gets in your way.....turn.

Kidding of course, at least about the fast part. smile

They just upped the prediction again for Henderson. It will be about 739. That would take over the 4th highest ever on record. I hope the dikes hold.

Correction. It has taken the 4th highest, and is expected to crest some where near 1st-3rd highest. Right now it is only off the all time record by less then a foot and a half, and is still expected to rise another foot or so from the present levels.

Stay safe 4WE I found out yesturday about the waters rising as I went my normal route to Jordan and found cty 9 closed so I made the trip to Belle Plaine to get to Jordan. I dont envy anyone who has to make that detour everyday now like DTRO.

Even Mother Nature cant take down that trestle DTRO

As long as BP crossing holds out, it's not terribly bad, but knock that one out, and I might as well rent a place North of the River. Either that, or boat to work. grin

Several people were driving through the cty rd 9 closed signs on the carver side. boy we they mad when they go to the jordan side and saw the concrete barriers!

Darren your sled should skim across the water pretty well. Park your car by the horse ranch. and take your sled back and forth skipping the water across the road.

You could always get an argo!

argo.jpg

Chicks not included....

I was wondering what that guy did with his boat...have seen that thing tied up on the river before...I though he must be crazy to use that boat in such a shallow rocky river, but i guess he only uses it during high water grin Crazy SOB

This one is from the hill below my house.

full-17556-1514-100_0689.jpg

The rest are just pict below the hill on 93 south. I think I found were I can land my boat!

full-17556-1515-100_0689.jpg

full-17556-1516-100_0690.jpg

full-17556-1517-100_0691.jpg

full-17556-1518-100_0693.jpg

There is about 6 feet of water on the wall to the right.

full-17556-1519-100_0694.jpg

The prediction is for about another foot, which will bring it pretty close to the top of the dike in a few spots.

This flood pretty much messed up my fall fishing, a bunch of my coon hunting spots, some pheasant spots, and my deer hunting spot. I guess I better learn how to hunt ducks now. Anyone want to take a rookie duck hunter out, I have a good dog, and I know where there is a bunch of water!