• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

How is the river looking upstream from Shakopee? It was really high here last night. So much for fishing this weekend.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pureinsanity

• DTro

• Scott K

• Gordie

Basically prepare yourself for at least moderate flood stage by early to mid next week, which means most all crossing in the South metro will be closed (Shakopee, Chaska, Jordan). Makato area got pummeled last night and that is all headed this way.

I'm not a happy camper as I have to cross the river every day.

I actually think it will make for some good late fall walleye action, but for the next couple of weeks...good luck is all I have to say grin

In Henderson, it is pretty much out of the banks now, or at least in the lower spots. I know they usually predict high, but lets hope it crests just short of road closures. The flood adds about a 50 mile round trip for my wife everyday.

yep, I sure hope the prediction service is high this time. I can't believe a 10ft wall of water is coming in 1-2 days shocked

If anymore than predicted we are looking at a top 5 flood since records have been kept.

Glad im living across the river right now, it will make my commute way better than when I lived in Jordan. I feel for your wife and also you dtro. I know you have a nice haul when the roads are closed

gonna take me an extra 25 to get my wife to work and kid to daycare if 101 closes. the joys of livin by the most wonderful p.o.s in all the state. grin

I used to work about 5 minutes from my house in Chaska and would have to drive 40 minutes when it flooded. Luckily all my projects are on this side of the river. Let's just hope the predictions are wrong even though it looks like they got a ton of rain down south.

Mankato went up 3 feet from 11pm last night til 5am this morning. I am thinking we could break out the surfboards and ride this sucka!

Kato area spanked hard and its still coming down as the river levels are steadily shooting up. I went to Mankato this AM for a couple of hours and on the way back they had one lane closed south bound 169 due to a mudslide.

I can't get into my jobsite today because it is too wet. Maybe I should build an ark. I will put some rod holders on it and maybe it could be used as a ferry across the river.

I guess mother nature didn't like the way she decorated the river this spring and decided to do it again. womenz 29.gif

grin

I like new spots, but I never got a chance to figure out the last new spots.

I guess mother nature didn't like the way she decorated the river this spring and decided to do it again. womenz 29.gif

Hide yo kidz, hide yo wifes

I just can't help but think how much fun it would be to get the kayak out in a day or two.

Better bring your wetsuit with!

I just can't help but think how much fun it would be to get the kayak out in a day or two.

Fun? Maybe! Dumb? yes! Be smart, be safe!

That's when stormwater flowing down the Minnesota River should reach the Twin Cities. Steve Buan, service coordination hydrologist with NOAA’s North Central River Forecast Center, based in Chanhassen, said it appears “very likely” that river crossings along the Minnesota from Jordan to Savage could be closed.

The agency Thursday was projecting that the Minnesota would rise 16 feet by Tuesday, to a point close to it fifth-highest level on record.

“Next week the south metro is going to be a problem,” Buan said. “This is extraordinarily unsual for this time of year.”

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN CHANHASSEN HAS ISSUED A

* FLOOD WARNING FOR

THE MINNESOTA RIVER NEAR JORDAN.

* FROM LATE FRIDAY NIGHT UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.

* AT 11:00 AM THURSDAY THE STAGE WAS 16.1 FEET.

* MODERATE FLOODING IS FORECAST.

* FLOOD STAGE IS 25.0 FEET.

* FORECAST...RISE ABOVE FLOOD STAGE BY SATURDAY MORNING AND CONTINUE

TO RISE TO NEAR 32.2 FEET BY TUESDAY EVENING.

* FLOOD HISTORY...THIS CREST COMPARES TO A PREVIOUS CREST OF 32.2 FEET

ON APR 29 2001.