• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

* 10.45" in Amboy (Blue Earth county).

* 9.82" rain at South Branch (Watonwan county).

* St. James (Watonwan co): "numerous streets underwater with some closed, a few apartments have been evacuated due to water."

* Truman (Martin county): "roads flooded in Truman, four to five feet of water in basements..."

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pureinsanity

• DTro

• Scott K

• Gordie

Wow, never seen Minneopa like that! Cool!

...Getting out the canoe in a few days...Absolutely!! Big Cobb here I come!

Fun, Yes! Dangerous, O yeah! but atleast its not hypothermia!

A buddy of mine from the DOT called and told my they are getting the "road closed" signs ready for 101, 41 and Jordan right now! Oh ya he also said Blakely and Belle Plaine are also being considered!!!!

Just talked to my dad. He ran down today to get my trail cameras out of the river bottoms (Henderson) and said in another few hours he wouldn't have been able to get to them.

A couple weeks ago everything was high and dry and we were planting food plots. Didn't realize I should have planted wild rice instead.

Quote:
Minnesota River at Henderson Flood and High Water Related Information and Notes

Above sea level elevations tie to wire weight gauge readings at the Highway 19 bridge on the Minnesota River in Henderson. All information below assumes that the Minnesota River at Mankato is forecast to rise by the National Weather Service. Elevations are approximate and tasks and functions change from time to time based on local conditions.

Elevations 727/728 above sea level, City of Henderson staff close gravity outlets at the north and south levee pump stations;

When Minnesota River elevations reach 23 feet in Mankato Henderson Emergency Management (EMS) officials start getting ready to implement flood control emergency procedures in Henderson;

Elevation 732.0+, MNDOT officials decide on closing Highway 19 east of Henderson;

Elevation 733.0+, MNDOT officials decide on closing Highway 93 north of Henderson;

Elevation 733.7, Henderson EMS begin Highway 93 closure installation;

Elevation 734.0+, Sibley County officials decide on closing Highway 6 at the County Road 5 intersection (in March of 2010 it was closed at about 734, in previous years this occurred at elevation 735);

Elevation 734.5, MNDOT officials decide on closing Highway 93 going into Le Sueur;

Elevation 734.8, river water in gutters at Highway 93 closure;

Elevation 735.0, Henderson EMS begin Highway 19 closure installation (typically install both closures at the same time if the Minnesota River is forecast to go above elevation 736);

Elevation 737.0 water at base of Highway 19 closure;

Elevation 738.0 Henderson EMS begin Mill Creek closure installation;

Elevation 739.0 Henderson EMS begin North 6th Street and Sibley County 6 closure installation, Henderson EMS does 24 hour patrolling, Minnesota River elevation readings are taken from the staff gauge.

Quote:

* FLOOD WARNING FOR

THE MINNESOTA RIVER AT HENDERSON.

* FROM FRIDAY EVENING UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.

* AT 11:00 AM THURSDAY THE STAGE WAS 725.3 FEET.

* MODERATE FLOODING IS FORECAST.

* FLOOD STAGE IS 732.0 FEET.

* FORECAST...RISE ABOVE FLOOD STAGE BY TOMORROW EVENING AND CONTINUE

TO RISE TO NEAR 737.0 FEET BY MONDAY EARLY AFTERNOON.

* FLOOD HISTORY...THIS CREST COMPARES TO A PREVIOUS CREST OF 737.6

FEET ON MAR 22 2010.

Just out of curiosity, how will this affect the spring time floods? I'd assume the water levels will go down, but will this impact that at all next year?

Unless it quits raining yesterday and never rains and snows until NEXT thanksgiving- this is just guaranteeing us epic spring time floods. The ground is so saturated and will probably freeze up the same, all spring snow melt and additional rains will slide on the icy frozen ground like a fricken slip and slide.

so that is what happened to the dinosaurs...

I think next spring will be really bad. Watch us get 5 feet of snow this winter that hangs around until spring.

I wave never fished the Minnesota river for walleyes, I live in chaska and thought about going up stream and giving it a shot. Is there any good places upstream from Shakopee to fish for them? Can you eat them out of the river?

There are walleyes in the entire system. I dont' think any stretch is better than the next. High water will make it interesting this year. It will change things up a bit for sure. Personally I'm looking forward to November. wink

Yeah they eat good, but I don't keep anything over 20".

Anticipated Road Closures

City of Carver: The County Road 40 bridge in downtown Carver will be closed the morning of Sept. 24 in anticipation for the rising river. The Third Street bring should remain open for traffic unless the river levels change.

San Francisco Township: Co. Rd. 11 / Jonathon Carver Parkway between Carver County and Scott County anticipated to close sometime Saturday afternoon Sept. 25, 2010.

Chaska: Highway 41 anticipated to close on or near Sunday Sept. 26.

Chanhassen/Shakopee: Highway 101 anticipated to close on or near Sunday Sept. 26.

Dunno if I'd be wanting to eat anything out of the river this year. With all the flooding the sediment were most of the toxic stuff from years past had settled into is all stirred up.......again.

c & r is the only way

Jeff you should run down to the barge and see if they have moved it yet and if not how close is it to the bridge???

Here are a few pics my boys and I took yesterday.

full-2464-1410-9_23_10_dam2.gif

full-2464-1411-9_23_10_dam.gif

full-2464-1412-9_23_10_upper_minneopa.gi

full-2464-1413-9_23_10_lower_minneopa.gi

full-2464-1414-9_23_10_minnemishinona_fa

first couple Rapidan Dam, upper and lower Minneopa and last one is Minnemishinona falls near North Mankato

any before pictures? ive never seen that part of the river. that baby is flowing though

Before pictures would be no water there.