• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Arnesons over Labor Day

Only 6 days till I and alot of others get a long weekend to hit the big pond. We have rented a cabin at Arnesons and cant wait. I have never boat fished out of this area only ice fished. So I am vry excited to see the reefs on the depth finder. The way it sounds is the bite is still pretty good. I will be useing bottom bouncers and spinners as I do not have riggers or lead. I also will be fishing with the kids. We did real well last year over labor day out of warroad.

Hopefully we dont have a repeat of last year where had a broken gas line and almost drifted to Canada. Thanks again to thse very nice people for the tow.

Anyone stay with Arnesons cabins? I have heard they are very nice. Anything we should bring to make our stay even better?

Any starting points to try fishing would also be handy. Good luck to all and hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable Labor Day weekend, and then its off to school for the kids.

Arneson is a good place to be as you have access to a variety of areas to fish. I personally like fishing around the Twin Island area to the east a few miles. You are also not far from the reefs. Head south and you have another good area. I've always had good luck with gold spinners and crawlers. The bigger spinner blades seemed to produce better for me although did have good luck with small silver ones too. The last couple years have been outstanding for numbers and size so you should have no problem getting fish. Good luck and bring alot of bait. I'll be to the east on the downriggers.

We have our own cabin by Arnesen's but I've been in a few of the resorts and they are all clean and nice. You won't be dissappointed. I've been rigging out in the middle lately and doing well. I've heard reports that the spinners are working pretty good around the reefs. Gull Rock Reef and 16 mile. I haven't heard of any others in particular but would guess any place can be as good as any on a given day. 12 mile, Clarence's would be good one's to try. Bring plenty of worms and leeches.

Thanks for the info. Is this tourney thats going on is that mean there will be a pile of people around the resort?

I think it is a 30 team tourney, there might be a little congestion at the start or end but nothing serious. Things get more quiet it the fall, so this tourney will probably make it more like the usual June crowd. They don't have much for day use docks so you'll probably want to plan on putting your boat on the trailer when you come in with your limit. With a rented cabin you'll be able to park close. I see they have Kareoke scheduled Sat. night in the lodge. I'll be the fat guy singing a few, so say hi if you're there.