• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

lilydale regional park boat launch p2

It was still locked up pretty good as of yesterday afternoon, even with the rain i'd say it's still a good couple days away from usable... unless you have a boat you can push to the water. There is a good 2-3 foot drop from the ice to the bottom of the ramp, getting a trailer in there isn't an option.

Thanks for chiming in BigWormin. I am rarely in that area so it's nice to save a little gas checking it out for myself. Looks like I'll stick to Hidden Falls.

St Paul Fire launched their air boat from there last sat. Fun to see, no need for a good ramp to launch one of those. Still was lots of ice and snow. Hidden falls was open and wakota was good to go.

I checked the landing over lunch today. The ice goes out 18" and drops into 6" of water. I'd beat a boat trailer could break all of it loose. With the rising water level, warm temps and heavy rains, this ice will be gone by the weekend.

I took care of most of the over hanging ice around noon. There is about a 6 inch drop just at the water line. Ramp is still icy but should be doable with a 4 wheel drive and a smaller boat. My 14 footer is probably going in there tomarow for my first trip of the year.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• leech~~
      Yep times are a changing. We used to bow hunt out a little shack along the snake river out of Pinecity.   The Vikings game came in a bit better on the black and white when we boosted my buddy up the tree, so he could hammer the rabbit ears up there. We could at least now see which team had the ball on the fuzzy screen! 🤣🤣
    • Wanderer
      Ours came down to the ground on the outside of the house so we could just walk up to it for turning, and get yelled at safely. 😉 
    • Kettle
      That antenna reminds me of my childhood. My father would have me go up on the roof and yell at me out the window to turn it certain directions for better TV clarity 
    • leech~~
      Not sure how they did the wood back then, but now they have plastic I'm sure you could bend into a circle if yea needed. 👌
    • Wanderer
      What I really wanna know is:   How’d get that lattice to curve like that?  Bomb diggity!
    • monstermoose78
      Fish Newton lake is great for walleyes. Everyone goes to basswood and forgets about newton. The late fall pike bite in pipestone is amazing and it’s a great time to catch the big walleyes are up there feeding too.
    • gimruis
      It would cost you 830 bucks to watch every game this NFL season under multiple platforms.   I don't have peacock or espn+ or whatever they want me to have, so I'll just have to relent on being able to watch a few games.  I refuse to cave in to their demands just to watch the Packers play the Eagles in Brazil.  I think last year peacock had the exclusive rights to the Miami/KC playoff game too.  I'm sure that will occur again in January.
    • leech~~
      Well it's a win, but it wasn't to Purdy with all the turn overs and penalties!  
    • leech~~
      Oop, must be another Vikings game.  So far it's been a Prudy game, Viks!  😁
    • leech~~
      Another prediction.   Under the cloud of "Woke Inclusion" Just like the Mn state flag and the Mn Twins, the Vikings name will be going away in a few years! Their already making them look like Snow flakes!  We can't have the uniforms of angry Norwegian people!  Sounds funny but. Wait for it! 😒

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.