• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

How many places rent sleepers and what the rates?

Who all rents sleeper houses on the South Shore and what are the/your rates? <P>I always fish Rocky Point because of the great service and location near the reefs.<P>I would just like to know what there is for competition. Could I get more for my money elsewhere? If I could I would go more often!<P>Outfitters - Please list your rates or links to your web sites so we can compare prices.<P>If anyone else can add to this please do!<P>Thanks All,<P>Dr. Bob<p>[This message has been edited by Dr. Bob (edited 11-30-2001).]

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Hi all,<BR>just a reminder..<BR>No unauthorized links allowed.<P>Sorry Dr. Bob,<BR>it costs a lot of money and time to run this site and the folks who sponsor get first dibs at getting their links up.<P>We have a Resort Locator link above with most of the resorts on LOW listed. Sponsor sites and phone numbers of most resorts are listed if you're serious about doing some research.<P>Plenty of folks will help you out with cheap places to stay/outfitters right here in the forum.<P>Anyone have recommendations?

Thanks Rick - Sorry about that. I have not been here much and did'nt think about the rules. I was just trying to save some time.

many places offer sleeper houses...if you<BR>check the list rick talked about i would bet<BR>you can get all the info you need.<P>not alot of competition out of rocky point<BR>but warroad has a couple of places with<BR>sleeper houses.<P>zipple bay has them, a few out of morris<BR>point and many along the strip north of<BR>baudette.<P>use the sponsors of this site and tell em<BR>how you found out about them...<P><BR>curt quesnell

Dr. Bob, personally...THIS IS JUST MY OPINION SO DON'T ALL JUMP ON ME. I would prefer to stay in a lodge. You would starve off the fish you catch up there after dark so staying out there all night to me is a waste of time. I prefer to tip my guide well. In return, I am usually the first trip out in the morning and the last one in at night. In return for coming in at night, I also get a hot shower in the morning, fresh coffee and breakfast and a nice steak in the lodge at night.

Nothing personal - But you'd be suprised how comfortable those shacks are and how much fun they are. They are alot bigger than the day houses and we have pulled up some nice fish after dark from time to time. A couple of years ago we pulled up two 19 inch Sauger at 9:15 and 9:30! And if the beer doesn't taste too good I have pulled up some nice Walleye at 6:30 in the A.M. too!<P>It's just a matter of preference I guess. I ended up taking a sleeper about 5 years ago when there were no other openings. I had such a good trip that I have done nothing but sleepers since. It's kind like camping in the winter but you are warm and dry. **** I can't wait. I guess I am just a 40 year old kid :-)<P>Dr. Bob

I like sleepers myself. I have my own, but to me I like rolling out of bed and dropping the line in the water. It makes it easy to wake up when you just have to roll over and start fishing. Even if the beer tasted good smile.gif

this is what is so great about fishing a<BR>big time ice fishin lake.....you got options<BR>!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!<BR>if you want to fish all night you can...<BR>if you want to fish hard all day and then<BR>relax and unwind and get a shower and a steak and a drink you can...<P>i like to fish all night about once per<BR>winter. while its true you wont catch many<BR>fishing at night on lake of the woods, you<BR>wont catch ANY listening to the band in the<BR>wigwam bar...<P>its all available to you...all you need to<BR>do is decide.<P>curt quesnell

Curt have you ever caught a walleye after dark? How late? I haven't ever caught one, but the burbot bowl picks up after dark smile.gif

the very first time i stayed overnight in <BR>a fishhouse there were 3 of us so we had<BR>6 lines in the water. from 10:30 to 11pm<BR>i caught 3 walleyes 3-4 and 5 pounds. 5 of <BR>the lines never budged. not a bite before <BR>or after.<P>i usually am sleeping by about 8pm (3 1/2 hours after dark) and i wake up about <BR>4:30 am ready to hit the morning bite.<P>it is an experiance to stay on the lake<BR>all night, you get northern lites that will<BR>tip you over sometimes, its quiet and peaceful but its not peak walleye catchin<BR>time on lake of the woods.<P>those 3 fish are the only quality fish i<BR>remember catching overnight. but i dont<BR>"fish em up" hard all night either.<P><BR>curt quesnell

That is a good story though, at least there is always that potential. I am thinking that if a guy could spot a fish on the flasher that you could get a glow in the dark right in front of it's face and you would have a shot at getting some fish after dark and if not I guess that's why there's cards and beer. I always wake up right when the sun is coming up and then start fishing, I was just wondering if you think that's maybe too late. I've noticed that there's not much action until about 9 or so anyway. Do you have much luck before eight or so. Just curious.

anytime you can put a bait in the face of<BR>a fish you have a chance to catch em.<P>from 4 am to 9 am is quite a bit like<BR>the overnight bite...not real fast. but<BR>sittin over that hole with the first cup<BR>of coffee of the day is tough to beat.<P>curt quesnell