• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Warroad Fishing Reports

WhiskeyPete

I x2 what WalleyesWests stated bring the cleats or your hockey helmet OR both for that drunken buddy thats to good for cleats. Anyways our group went out Sunday morning right out infront of the warroad access and in plain view of Marvin windows factory and within a few hours we iced two pike in the 5-8ft of water. Theres plenty of ice for wheelers just don't drive out with vehicles anymore.

good luck,

mr

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UPnorthFISHING

• WhiskeyPete

• northerndave

• Boar

Thanks alot. Definitely wheelers and cleats. We were thinking of trying to get some eyes on Friday but I have never fished eyes on the west side b-4. Then try for Pike Sat. and Sun.

We came through the warroad access both Sunday and Monday, 2 wheelers each with a big trailer. Both times coming in we dropped a trailer wheel through the ice so theres for surely some soft spots. Wheelers only though and you should be fine, probably even until next weekend.

Also we iced 37 Pike in 2 days in a secret location in between warroad and long point. 1 44", 2 41", 5 40", and probably 20 in the 36-39". All very shallow. Almost all on suckers. I may try and stick a few pics on here.

WOW, sounds like you did very well. I hope we have similar luck. Thanks for the input. Sure would be nice to know that secret spot. j/k haha. Last year we had better luck on suckers (live bait) Than schmelt also.

Ah the secrete spot I have hear of this, you must be the group that was ihe involved in race for the hole, this secrete spot is not so secrete, Hmmmmm....heheheheheh. boar

Ah secrete spot??? Please post pictures with a little shore line in the background!!!! But I could figure it out! LOL 2 funny secrete spot for PIKE 2 funny!!!!

O and your from the cities! lol

the sheriff was on the radio today and said the ice isnt safe ... a wheeler fell thru at the point in warroad last night....just keep that in mind...

WOW, I hope we have similar luck.

I hope you do too, Out and back again would indeed be quite lucky I'd say!!

Funny how pretty much all the locals are saying stay off the ice but folks from the cities are just convinced things are good to go??

I just read a report posted today on another site where some yang from southern MN mentions the ice will be good for sled/atv for another 2 weeks, LOL, where do they find these people!!

Half a dozen vehicles and 4-5 atv/sleds have gone thru in the past few days folks both east and west and in-between.. There comes a time in life when you gotta say uncle.

I keep hearing mixed reports. One says it's good to go others say stay off. I'm not sure what to do, fish definitely aren't that important to me. I should probably listen to the locals they know the lake best. In other words I can wait till next season for late ice pike. Thanks guys.

Originally Posted By: cheater35
WOW, I hope we have similar luck.

I hope you do too, Out and back again would indeed be quite lucky I'd say!!

Funny how pretty much all the locals are saying stay off the ice but folks from the cities are just convinced things are good to go??

I just read a report posted today on another site where some Joe from southern MN mentions the ice will be good for sled/atv for another 2 weeks, LOL, where do they find these people!!

Half a dozen vehicles and 4-5 atv/sleds have gone thru in the past few days folks both east and west and in-between.. There comes a time in life when you gotta say uncle.

well said Fisky. for how bad i want to go back up there it sure is not worth my life,4wheeler or my gear.

I was fishing tip ups out of Warroad on Sunday and the lake ice itself looked to be good - not quite the 30 inches we measured out of Graceton but still lots of ice. Where I was nervous was the landing and all of the abnormal looking areas on the way out. Once we got past the bullrushes and out onto the lake itself, things looked good - as long as you aren't on an old plowed road, or an area where someone had a permanent house. Sunday was HOT and Sunny - I imagine the ice conditions were changing hourly as things were melting. In about 1.5 hours, my auger blade melted about 3 inches down into the ice as it was laying on the ice in the sun. Things are constantly changing up there so what ever you do be very careful. I won't be going out anymore after everything I saw this past weekend out there.

48 degrees and windy.yup the ice is getting weaker from top and bottom by the min now.

I would stay away from the Warroad landing. It's bad news.

As for pike fishing, it's been very good. There is no secret spot, just a secret depth. Figure that out and you will be as sore as I am from running to tip ups. Ice was 22 inches thick on Sunday.

Secret depth LOL! Good one, is that measured from the top of the ice or the bottom!!

OOoooooo a secrete depth not just a secrete spot but a secrete depth, what happens if ya get a secrete spot an a secrete depth all in one, maybe a secrete fish! Gosh fisky everyone is so secretive, What will we ever do. Just funnin. Two feet under ice generally a good place to start looking for pike at this time. Opps I let the secrete out. I'll give up my secrete bait, A can of peas. Yup an old can of peas. Just sprinkle the can of peas around the hole, an when a fish comes up to take a pee ya grab em'. just teasing guys its spring fever, an i have a date with the rainy, screw the ice. It's over. Boar

lol boar but i know the secret depth.its 6ft of water,well thats the report i got today anyways

OOoooooo a secrete depth not just a secrete spot but a secrete depth, what happens if ya get a secrete spot an a secrete depth all in one, maybe a secrete fish! Gosh fisky everyone is so secretive, What will we ever do. Just funnin. Two feet under ice generally a good place to start looking for pike at this time. Opps I let the secrete out. I'll give up my secrete bait, A can of peas. Yup an old can of peas. Just sprinkle the can of peas around the hole, an when a fish comes up to take a pee ya grab em'. just teasing guys its spring fever, an i have a date with the rainy, screw the ice. It's over. Boar

I'm confused. Are bodily fluids coming out of certain spots, depths, baits, and fish? I'd hope people are secretive about secretion. It can be gross.

Good luck out there for any of you crazy fools who fish the last bit of ice. I'm done for the year. See ya on the soft water.

Well we went out of Springsteel Friday for eyes and found about 24ft. kept 9 eyes, 6 saugers, 6 jumbos, and a bonus eelpout. Went out Sat. for pike got 2-40 1/2" a 37" 34" 4-28" and 2 smaller pike. We had a blast. We were happy with our results. Water started standing on ice Friday with the warm temps and was still there Sat. morning but by the end of the day it had soaked into the ice. Went out Sun. morning till 10:30 and managed 1 28". I thought the ice was ok, not great but I have been on worse. Definitely very ugly by any old roads. Sounds like the weather this week will take care of any more ice fishing in my opinion. Another good, safe, fun weekend up on the big pond.

cheater.. were you the guys at the super 8 cleaning walleyes??

well done man, we were just south of you catchin 1 freakin northern.

No that wasn't us. We stayed at the Patch. There was a couple guys just south of us on Friday. We had a red wheeler with a 3 place snowmobile trailer.

cheater.. were you the guys at the super 8 cleaning walleyes??

well done man, we were just south of you catchin 1 freakin northern.

• 1 month later...

It would have been a great weekend to bring the kids out. Easy fishing, anchor up and jig at almost any depth. Nothing over the slot in my boats

but a dozen or so in the slot. Fish of every size from tiny to beautiful keepers. Going back for more Tuesday afternoon.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, we went out Saturday from Warroad. I liked the idea of staying close in anticipation of the winds picking up, so we stopped at the blinker to try a few drifts. We managed a keeper sauger and my buddy pulled up a nice 24.5" walleye. Then the wind really got going. The girls were getting cold, so we were gonna call it for the day. Soon after I caught a 18.5" eye and headed in.

Oh yeah, the best part. After loading the boat, I had to pull the rear axle off the trailer and bring it home to replace the spindle! That's right, the bearings were GONE! Good thing we weren't headed to the east end of the lake or we wouldn't have fished at all!

I had a report today that the fish are biting up north. Wish I was there. MY BOAT IS!!