• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Warroad Fishing Reports

WhiskeyPete

Glad to hear you had a good day of fishing. I'll hopefully be up there tomorrow if I can get the day off of work, then again Saturday. On Saturday, a buddy and I are going to go over and try Whiskey. Tomorrow, I'll probably go around the south tip area.

Small world...I brought my mom to the clinic in Thief River yesterday and ran into your Uncle Morris. We got talking about fishing and he was saying how his nephew had found a tracked vehicle out in ND, asked him if it was black, etc, etc. He worked for me for about 3 summers a few years back, but he keeps in touch and stops by my office from time to time to [PoorWordUsage].

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UPnorthFISHING

• WhiskeyPete

• northerndave

• Boar

We are headed up next Wednesday to fish with Bobs Fishing.

Looking forward to the weekend reports to help finalize the plan for next week. smile

he moved his houses earlier this week...still out in whiskey but moving closer to south-tip with some of his houses...was out wednesday and was fishing in t-shirts and the ice was moving a crack opened up and pushed up a foot and half on my bomer trail in the 5 hours i was fishing..fishing was slow but we did get some...

Hopefully tomorrow I'll be trying my luck out at Whiskey. If I do, I'll be sure to let you know how it goes.

he still out in whiskey it just looks like he moved some of his houses away from the crowd... and the crack pushed up on my track not over his way...im a mile or so from his trail

here is one i caught on wednesday ....nailed a bare hook on my light rod....

[img:left]501459491_1763522706_0.jpg

Thatta boy, nice fish. Looks like the houses have thinned out a little around yours.

they have never been around my house..100 yards plus away from the next house...the truck in the back ground is my cousin and his portable

hey Lovebigbluegills i thought you were heading to LOW today??? if you leave now we can still be fishing by noon!!! plenty of time..... grin

I was hoping to get up there today, but ended up having to work instead. I'm hoping to have things finished up by noon, and maybe head up there for the afternoon bite.

About the houses, when I saw yours it was indeed north of any other houses quite a bit. I thought I remembered a few more off to the east of you a half mile or so, that would've been in the background of your picture. Could just be my faltering memory too.

When are you headed up there next?

How big was your fish Upnorth? Very nice.

Are you using the LOW standard golds and glow reds?

I should just paint everything I have red. I dont use anything else when I go there it seems. smile

those houses are canadian houses bout half mile north and little west....... today but i couldnt find any body to go with....tommorow for sure with the familly ...goind to pull a house off for sombody on saturday too...

a fat 27inch..... i caught that one on a bare hook with the fat head hooked toward the tail...pin/gold rock and roll and glow deamons seem to work the best...

We ended up with 8 walley and 7 nice perch threw back a 21 and a 22 incher. slow. But that was due to the houses from springsteel not being moved in a lOOOOOOOOOOOOOngtime. I will never use them again!!! Not a top notch place. It was nice to meet you Dan and thanks again for the fish. I will not be back to the big pond as I am heading to Kansas for work and will be gone for the rest of the season. A slight chance of a run really late in march.

Just wandering if anyone has tried for pike right out of warroad or swift ditch or sprindsteel.

Hey UPnorth - I was about 300 yards east and a little south of you on Feb. 26 and 27. We were in about 23' and it was slow. How deep and how has fishin been in your area?

Later, beaver068

did ok last wednesday(see report and pics a page or so back)but on saturday caught 3 fish one 20inch walleye,13walleye,8 inch perch and had one i could not get to turn up the hole...so pulled the house off for now(lots of water around my area bout 3 to 4 inches on top of the ice after drilling)i was in 19 feet..... talked to a few people and 5 mile wasnt to bad yesterday

Upnorth,

Have you been out this week? Has the snow settled down enough to start getting around with a 4-wheeler? How's the fishing been?

well just got home from pulling whiskypetes house up to shore....pulled the bomber home too....it was 8 plus inches of water on the roads and stll enough snow on the lake to get a truck stuck(heck of a mess out there)....talked to a few people out there fishing was very slow...

THANKS DAN! With work and all, I wasn't going to get there until Friday night or Saturday. Sure glad there's guys around like you to lend a helping hand! See ya Friday. Thanks again.

That's not what I was hoping to hear Dan but it is what it is I guess. Hopefully we'll get a bit of a cold snap to freeze things up a bit (doesn't look like anything but the same weather for the next ten days though). I'm not sure where I'll go fishing this weekend.

Well, it's looking like a bit cooler weather coming for the weekend. Anyone have a plan for targeting some Eyes? How is the water level near Springsteel?

any one been out of the warroad access? also wonder how the pike fishing has been?

What's the news near Springsteel? Headed up Sunday night with ATVs for a couple of days. By the sounds of it this is going to be the last hurrah!

Just wondering if anyone has went out of the Warroad access recently? Wondering about conditions and pike fishing reports. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

The warroad access is getting worse every day!!! Your best bet is going to be Springsteel island. 4-wheeler access only! Remember when going after pike in shallow water the weedbeds open up very fast and are hard 2 see!!! Elm has been good in 2 feet of water under the ice. I would suggest Ice Cleats for walking on the ice.