• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Kotc gathering

It was a fun time last night! For sure more talking then fishing, but that was my plan.

Ended up with around 16 people or so. Too bad some of you couldn't make it.

Thanks to everyone who pitched in and brought supplies and food and provided rides.

It was nice seeing everyone out there and I enjoyed all the laughs.

Jerry (BlueKayak) helped out by making sure the sandbar wasn't skunked and Ryan broke off on a really nice fish out in the boat.

Grant I was bummed to see you were gone when we came back as I wanted to thank you for the wood.

Maybe next year, some better planning on my part and perhaps a new sandbar.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DTro

• Gordie

• Shack

• ec30_06

Top Posters In This Topic

ok,ok so heres what you do, you first pull up to the landing and then you Honk the car horn with 2 long blasts followed by three shot blasts then 2 long and then 2 no 3 seconds of silence then 1 long 1 min blast......

I was on my way to the my ladies house and when I came upon the access I did that little honking routine. Just wondered if it worked last night wink Hopefully no one showed up afterwords wink haha

I saw a few people chatting at the access. I almost dipped in there for a few mins to check it out but was already running late.

Its was a lot of fun meeting and talking with everyone my boat ended up with three small flats but I really belive I had more fun just hanging around the community RP and learning new things such as Red Neck Russain Rullet.That was to much fun. and a new sure fire way to start a fire with built in mosquito control and it was a awesome fire to say the least and thanks to Grant And WWG for bringing the fire wood. It was also fun watching you guys and gals chase those blue balls so they wouldn't go in the river. I'll leave that to everyones imagination. Thanks to everyone for bringing along the food.Found out the three second rule doesnt apply on a sandbar wink It was great to meet Jerry and I have a lot of addmiration for a catfisherman in a blue kayack and as I said I really wanna see him hook up with a 40 plus flat in that thing. Thanks Dtro and Jon for the cribbage game it was a tight game until Jon pulled a 20 pointer in the crib no less still cant figure that one. as for the sandbar not being skunked that was with fish somebody got skunked at cribbage thou. grin and it wasnt me but WWG I would like a rematch.

I finally got a ride in a RP and I was very impressed with the ride. Those are really sweet rides. It was also alot of fun telling back in the day stroies until 4 in the morning.

The weather wasnt terribly bad a few passing showers about the time you'd get the rain gear on it would quit.

There was a lot of laughter going on and for me thats what its about good times and making new friends.

I hope that someone got some good pics and will post them.

Of course my cribbage skunking couldn't go unnoticed laugh

Here are a few pics I took with my phone, and I'm working on a short video recap.

IMG00060.jpg

IMG00061.jpg

IMG00063.jpg

Wishin' the fish were a little more cooperative later on but had one smaller flat and a big old gar and a nice big rain shower. Thanks Kyle for cruisin me around as usual.

I think I have a few pictures I'll toss up later on. I am really glad I went I wasn't sure about going at first but glad I did. Gordie three second rule is definitely a fail on the sandbar haha that was good.

Hope everyone had a great night after we left and hoping Jerry made it back in the kayak safely.

Nice meeting you guys.

Looks like lots of fun! Should have came out!!! Maybe if you have another get together I can grace you with an MRE Bomb!

Forgot to thank Shack for the door prizes a King Kat fishing rod which Luckey Ec-06 won and a drop and stay anchor system and the winner was Jenny the Queen of Cats. Thanks again Shack for that stuff and the table which I'll drop off at your place later this week.

was that the SS bathtub loaded down with pallettes?

indeed... she was a little tippy on the trip downstream.(even without me on top of the stack!)

that was about 2/3 of the total pallet load I'd guess. not quite as big of wood as two years ago, but all the same made for a good burn, minus the ones claimed as "Hansen Docks", giving credit to the originator of the idea wink ...

I did make it back to the landing safely. I think I left too early; Ed must have come to the rescue with his chain saw. We had a family get together on Sunday, and I needed a couple of hours of sleep.

Thanks everyone. Grant--those pallets were awesome. I could not believe the picture of your boat. Great video Darren and thanks so much for getting this organized. John -- The paint balls were a blast, but I am afraid the one on my kayak washed off on the way home. Thanks FM for making this possible and for the prizes.

Thanks everyone for the great time. It was nice to finally put faces to names. Wish we could have been there for the roulette, but throwing blue balls was fun too, even though John and Dtro layed the smack down on Jennie and myself. I beleive the score was 21-2 :oMaybe next time we can all remember to bring our rain jackets along whistle at least one person got to stay somewhat dry. Too bad we couldn't get one of those bats on our way back from fishing, would have made a tasty treat!! Thanks again guys and gals!!

"Hey, your balls are tangled!"

It looks like it was a good time, I would have made it, but I was re roofing my house, and the roofers sat around and drank beer until 11 pm, I couldn't hardly leave.

"Hey, your balls are tangled!"

I heard that and I was fishing down stream a bit and laughed my A$$ off.

Oh my.

Not much to say other than thanks to everyone for a great time. The RP made a good poker room.

Gonna have to clean her out a little after all the company. Doesn't anyone have any manners anymore.......you were all supposed to take your shoes off at the door.

Wait....scratch that.....probably better the shoes stayed on. The thought of that many catfisherman with their shoes off would have put the stomach over the edge.

I'd rather deal with the stinky river sludge.

My got full of sand and mud too, but oh well I have a garden hose for that. It was a fun time out there. I will put some pics up when I have more time.

Sorry to hear about your buddy losing that big fish and thanks for the Bullies (Kyle didn't need the extras so I took them).

Forgot to thank Shack for the door prizes a King Kat fishing rod which Luckey Ec-06 won and a drop and stay anchor system and the winner was Jenny the Queen of Cats. Thanks again Shack for that stuff and the table which I'll drop off at your place later this week.

That is cool they did get drawn out. Figured it was the least I could do not being Able to go. It was not much anyways grin

UdaC/Jenny, if you need any help getting that anchor system going, give me an e-mail. Next week I am going to set up a duel system set-up. I have been just using the single this year.

As I knew, it turned out to be a good time. Thanks for the pics and video guys. Good stuff. smile